Top 10 Posters

MARAUDING IN MISSOURI

Page 56 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 5,040
Annette replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:16 PM

I finally got a chance to good thru these posts.   All the pictures were great!   It sure looks like everyone had a lot of fun.   I've been putting in OT this week so have only since my machine in passing...  ;(.   Miss all the Walnut Place retreaters and looking forward to this fall!

Annette

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:19 PM

our days have been filled with sleet-hail-sun-wind-breeze-snow-rain-hard rain-mists-fog-graupel( that's the weather people's new word), repeating hourly. if i don't like the weather, i wait five minutes and it's changed.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 7:53 PM

Sewbusy Ruth-Ann

Please bottle up some of that bunny energy and send it my way.Since we have been home SN** and more SN** I am going to catch that groundhog and see which end he had sticking out the hole when he said spring is around the corner.

I have been dealing with an injured horse .Tore herself open while I was away (even tore the muscle) can you imagine what my vet bill will be? So I decided before the vet bill gets here I will buy fabric and then I won't  feel sooo bad .Went on my first shop hop today(5 stores only but lots of travel) it was fun and spent my stash and the vets cash too lol maybe he will take a quilt instead lol

Glad to hear that George and Bill are beginning to feel better.I hope everyone is well and so wish I could be at retreat again (sigh)

Darlene(2manyhorses)

I was late getting back from the hop and Larry said "Just where have you been Miss muffet" That ranks up there with Gretchens text LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 8:05 PM

Darlene,

talk to you vet about bartering, you never know. Vet might want a table runner and placemats?  Or a quilt? Years ago i had a very sick cat, she had swallowed yarn and it strangled her intestines. No way to fix her. We were really poor andi mean like the church was giving us food poor. The vet knew that and asked about the yarn use and i explained i crocheted so he told me to pick out a pretty one afghan and there would be no bill.

in many small town bartering is prevalent

Nan

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:01 PM

"Diana (Bink)"   What's this 'Diana Bink'?   Ladies (and gentlemen .... Diana's nickname is THE SMURF!!!! 

And be very very wary of the Smurf .....  People who listen to her end up being addicted to quilting  (i.e.  ME!) ..  Walk away from the light! HAHAHAHA

Seriously .... looking at all the photos - looks like you're all having a great time (yet again!)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:02 PM

Oh my!   THAT is gorgeous!!!!!

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:08 PM

Sir Sewalot!  LOVE IT!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:29 PM

Hey Anthony ,nice to see you on here ,met you last year when we weregoing to the Smokies retreat . Diana skyped you for us, We did have a good time At this retreat. but it wore me out . LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 1:13 PM

hello, again, anthony.  we met last year on diana's skype.  it's good to see you here. smurf, huh?    i haven't noticed that diana is ever blue,  she's always pretty cheerful when i see her.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 3:26 PM

Okay, the rest of us need an introduction to Anthony.  Curious minds want to know... who is he to Diana?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 3:29 PM

anthony is diana's buddy from england. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 4:25 PM

OK, Gang...Anthony meet the ladies.   Ladies meet Anthony.   Or should I say "Father Fluffie"...his nickname.  Yes, he is an ordained priest for the Church of Ireland.  He's also been a geriatric nurse, hairdresser, and a linguist.  He speaks many, many languages....so if we ever need a translator, he'll fit the bill.....lol    I met him many, many years ago when DH was working as a site moderator in a chat room that was based in UK.  It ended up, most or maybe all the moderators were in the US so he came over for the company and stayed at our house.  We even had a great retreat for all the moderators from all over the country to Albany, NY area for a week.  It was a great time  and we showed them all the sites of mountains and not a single sky scraper in sight.   I have been over to UK and Ireland back in 2000 and I met him a few years before that...So that's the story. 

He took up quilting when he was at my house in NY and fell in love with it.  He refers to my students as 'victims',,,,,lol   He can't do much sewing anymore because of several strokes.  He is now on disability and he has a small farm  in his back yard which he takes  care of rescue critters.  He has ducks, chickens, rabbits, ferrets, dogs(his own).... Of course, I still send him quilts and quilted household items for holidays.  He's a very special friend.

That's the story, so have fun and he's got the greatest sense of humor so give it back to him when he gives it..lol

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,614
Points 119,425

Anthony, Diana just introduced you to us. Welcome to QCA!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:29 PM

Anthony

Good to see you on site.   I met you last year on skye at Diana's as well.   Have fun with all your critters.   Wish I could meet you in person some day.   Maybe you just need to come visit Diana at retreat time some year and join in the fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

gini:
if i don't like the weather, i wait five minutes and it's changed.
Gini, that sounds like Kansas weather. My son visiting in Colorado this weekend and today it was warmer in Littleton than in Topeka. That is unusual.

Page 56 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use