Top 10 Posters

MARAUDING IN MISSOURI

Page 54 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

My DH's dad died of lung cancer and that did not stop DH from smoking. He just could not stop. He ultimately died from adenocarcinoma. It is sometimes the greatest challenge some people face, trying to quit.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

Elaine Phillips:

My DH's dad died of lung cancer and that did not stop DH from smoking. He just could not stop. He ultimately died from adenocarcinoma. It is sometimes the greatest challenge some people face, trying to quit.

Sad and tragic addiction. I asked George about what you wrote and if he was thinking of having a smoke. He shook his head and said he couldn't fathom having a cigarette. He thinks he's cured after over 50 years of being a smoker. Of course the memory of not being able to breathe, nearly dying, and going through that trip from hell home is still pretty raw. I hope it lasts. When he told me he has absolutely no desire for a cigarette I broke down and cried. I tell you, I've shed more of those stupid tears in the past couple weeks than in my entire lifetime!!!!  I didn't even cry all that much when my first husband ran off with a sweet young thing 40 years ago.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 5:35 PM

Well Judy, for right now I think we can say that George was scared smokeless.   Good for his attitude.  Good for you .    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

Ginny:

Well Judy, for right now I think we can say that George was scared smokeless.   Good for his attitude.  Good for you .    Ginny

Oh, that's a good one Ginny. Love it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:04 PM

My mom died of bronchoadenocarcinomand never had a cigarette in her lifeand no onein our home smoked either. But yes it is a very sad death.

nan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:04 PM

My mom died of bronchoadenocarcinomand never had a cigarette in her lifeand no onein our home smoked either. But yes it is a very sad death.

nan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:48 AM

It's sure good to stay connected and read about all of you....and yes, Judy, I agree that was a good one from Ginny....it's awesome George has a great attitude ! But, you do realize what monkey sees monkey does.....and George has one beautiful, caring, sweet darling wife....how can he not have a great attitude? You go George....you make me want to jump up and exercise right now! Thank you for the encouragement!  ...and Judy, so glad you are ready to get back into sewing.....I hope you consider finishing that beautiful quilt you were working on in Branson.......I can't wait to see it finished......and named!  

Has anyone heard how Bill is doing??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 3:15 AM

Judy and George, I'm thrilled to hear that George is doing so much better. My Don also had COPD and emphysema,was on O2 the last two years he lived. and he could not give up the smokes. It was the prostrate cancer that finally got him. You  keep encourageing George and tell him we are praying for both of you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

SoBuzy:

.....I hope you consider finishing that beautiful quilt you were working on in Branson.......I can't wait to see it finished......and named!  

Has anyone heard how Bill is doing??

Ruth Ann, you are so cute! You already exercise, even when you're sitting still. LOL  -  Thanks for your words of encouragement. I hadn't thought of naming the quilt, but you've given me something to mull over. Definitely a name that will reflect all you wonderful ladies and our time in Branson.

I did sent Beth a PM but haven't heard anything. I hope Bill is doing OK. They have been through so much.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

Barbara:
My Don also had COPD and emphysema,was on O2 the last two years he lived. and he could not give up the smokes.

Thanks Barbara. That had to have been such a horrible time for both you and your husband.  I hope George's resolve continues. I kind of think it will, but it will be up to him.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:37 PM

Judy

George has a great attitude and by the time that the scare wears off a little he will have been thru the hardest part of quitting.  I know he can do this....especially with all of your support.   Prayers continue.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 11:00 PM

Nana:

Judy

George has a great attitude and by the time that the scare wears off a little he will have been thru the hardest part of quitting.  I know he can do this....especially with all of your support.   Prayers continue.

Judy I agree wholeheartedly with Nana, by the time this scare wears off, he will be thru the hardest part of quitting.  My DH quite cold turkey over 25 years ago (thank the Lord) but he still says he periodically wants a cigarette when he sees someone smoking.  The only thing that stops him is knowing that if he takes just one cigarette, he will be back to one or more packs a day within a week - and probably dead (or very seriously ill) within a year.  It still scares me spit-less that one of these days he will give in and start smoking again.  This is such a terrible addiction and I don't think any non-smoker can truly understand just how powerful it is.

My prayers for George (and you) that he will never ever reach for another cigarette...ever!

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

You all had fun a fun time!  I wish I could have continued to participate via Internet but getting ready for Florida was more time consuming than I thought. I'm looking forward to going on a retreat but it looks like it might be next year. Maybe something will change. I can only hope. LOL. Loved seeing all the pics and projects!!!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

Everyone - (too hard to list all of you).

Bill is doing great.  Although in pain (pills are taking care of this), he went downstairs today to putter on his train layout.  He is limited in movement because of a back brace he wears during the day but is definitely trying to do things on his own.

I have been sewing bindings on things I had in a pile to do and I have been in my sewing room:)

I really miss sewing all day with all of you and can't wait until next retreat!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

Beth, thanks for the update. Give Bill our best.

Page 54 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use