Top 10 Posters

MARAUDING IN MISSOURI

Page 53 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:34 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
George did push ups and jumping jacks today (with his oxygen in place).

Wow, great progress already!  That's got to make him feel good!

Judy T-Bellingham:
Things are settling down and I'm starting to feel the urge to sew.

:-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:47 AM

We have made it home...about 11 pm tonight.  Took a little longer than expected today because I was within 27 miles of Arches National Park in Utah and I just had to make the detour and drive through it.  Took a lot of pictures, a really beautiful and amazing place.  Will do laundry and unpack sewing stuff tomorrow, before going to watch the grandsons do their "board breaking" ceremony at TaeKwonDo.  They both earned a new belt while we were in Branson.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,975

Karla:

My project, but i didn't bring enough embroidered blocks, so must take this back home to finish it.

Gorgeous! I could stare at this for hours.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,975

gini:

And just look at this beauty.

Not the quilt, you guys, Elaine.   Although, it sure is beautiful, too.

I love everything about this picture... Haha awesome

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:13 AM

Karla, I just love this quilt,  the picture doesn't do it justice,  it is really beautiful . I can't wait to see how you finish it up. If it need a good home.. I'll send you my Addy ..LOL    glad to hear you made it home safe,  I loved Arches Nat .Park . What a fantastic drive it is as well.  Just going up the mountain at the entrance was  awe inspiring .But once you get in the park ,OMG it is beauitful .I could spend an enitre week there and not see everything.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:32 AM

Karla, so happy you guys finally made it home.   congrats to uour GS's on their achievments

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:33 AM

Judy, wonderful to hear DH, is starting to feel better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:22 AM

Judy, it sounds great that George was able to do some of his exercise routine. ----- and that you are settling down enough to want to get back to your quilting.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:50 AM

Karla - glad you made it home safe and sound.  The stop in Utah sounds like something I would have been perstering Jay to do for me.  On our way home we drove through the southwest corner of Arkansas - we drove past what would be a beautiful retreat area.  All cabins set up with a nice main cabin.  Even had a sign up for retreats.  I thought about the retreat I had done down in Georgia that was a similar setting - so nice.

Judy, it is going to be a long road for George but glad that he is upbeat about it.  I have been on my DH every day since we have been home to quit.  It is difficult so difficult for him and I just don't get it but I try.  Many prayers for George's continued success.

Karla and Elaine - I love both your quilts.  They were really beautiful in person.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:59 AM

judy, i am happy to hear that george is feeling well enough to do some exercise, praying for continued improvement. 

karla, doesn't it feel good to sleep in your own bed.   arches is a beautiful park we were there a couple of years ago, maybe it was last year, anyway the road we were on was incredible. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:00 AM

Ibuiltaquilt:

Karla:

My project, but i didn't bring enough embroidered blocks, so must take this back home to finish it.

Gorgeous! I could stare at this for hours.

sorry, but i dibsed it first.  :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:03 PM

Thea, I say this with  no bad intentions,  But everyone who smokes has to find their own way to stop,  it dosen't matter that the people who love us want it,    It is a addiction, a very strong one and you have to really want to stop to make it happen, I have stopped several times, because of loved ones pressuring me, but it never stuck, because it has never been what i wanted at the time.   support him, but he will have to find his own way to do it.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,719
Points 121,420

Leslie :
But everyone who smokes has to find their own way to stop

Leslie, I couldn't agree more. When the doctor told George 2-1/2 years ago that he was at the point of quit or die, he went on Chantix. It worked but he gradually eased back until he was at about half a pack a day when he had the attack in Branson and was diagnosed with advanced Emphysema. 

Well, after being unable to breathe and nearly dying,  now he's terrified and he's having no trouble at all not having a cigarette.  He told me the thought of inhaling smoke into his damaged lungs makes him cringe.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:55 PM

Judy, thank you i didn't want to offend you or anyone else going through what you and George are.  But each person no matter what their addiction is has to have their own wake up call.   I dosen't mean we don't love and care about the people who love us, it is just hard, and for some harder than others,

I am happy George is doing so much better, you both are in my T & P

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:35 PM

Leslie, I absolutely take no offense from what you wrote.  my DH does want to quit but it seems so hard for him - I truly wish that it was as easy for everyone as it was for me but I had tried many times before I was completely successful and for me it was when I told the Lord I couldn't do it on my own but with his help I knew it was possible and each and every day I prayed for his help until I didn't think about having a cigarette again at all.  I was around people who smoked from the beginning and never once did I want one - it truly amazed me.  I keep hoping that it will get easier for my DH and someday he will do it - I have faith I just hope it isn't when he is like George is now.  

Page 53 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use