Top 10 Posters

MARAUDING IN MISSOURI

Page 43 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

George and I are on the road to St Louis. Our flight goes out at 6:30 pm. His daughter arranged so she will be on the flight with us. With my daughter meeting us Seattle for the final drive home, George will be well taken care of. 

Beth stayed with us part of the way to be sure we were OK. We just parted company and she's heading towards Chicago. What a good friend she has become. Love you Beth. I hope the four of us can make a connection someday. Bill and George would like each other. 

Travel safe everyone. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:57 AM

Everybody have a safe trip home.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 11:12 AM

Judy, I enjoyed the positive slant to your note!  You have many who love you!  I hope you will continue to be comfortable accepting help from your family and friends because you need to look after yourself, too.  We'll be anxious to hear from you once you get all the way home!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 12:30 PM

MNnancy:
These retreats truly do fit that category, don't they, Marie!

They sure do Nancy, I'll never forget VB!  Wish I had Branson to add to mine but it wasn't in the cards for me, Tyler was born smack dab in the middle of it like I Thought.  God willing there will be others for me.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:10 PM

Today's predicted "wintry mix" has turned into a mess.  First we had rain, then freezing rain, and now lots of heavy wet snow.  So glad we came home yesterday.  How come we haven't heard from anyone else arriving home???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:26 PM

We made it to my girlfriend's house in Elkins/Fayetteville, Arkansas.  She raises miniature horses.  They are so cute, and guess what there is a Quilt Shop right down the street that  you know I will just have to visit while I'm here.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:30 PM

I'm sure you'll buy out all their bold, bright fabrics, Karla!  LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:52 PM

Judy T sure hope you and George have a uneventful trip home.  So nice your families are helping.  Praying George will be better soon.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:22 PM

Hi Gang,    Nana and I just reached the hotel in Jackson, Tn.  We thought that we'd driven across Missouri at least twice.  We thought it would never end.  I really felt home when I saw the Tennessee sign..  We're in for the night and finish our trip tomorrow.  It should be shorter and a lot faster since I only need to remember one route......I-40 I think...lol   

Judy, all our prayers go with you.  Friends are always for leaning on when you need them.  We hope you felt that way and know you can lean on any of us at any time.  Huggs to you both.

It was a great time and our hosts were fantastic...and they know who they are.

We're tired and going to crash...

Diana (Bink) in West Tn. at the moment 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Dang. Ended up spending night in a hotel in Springfield because a family needed three seats to get to their cruise.  No one wanted to give up our seats, so fifteen minutes after we were supposed to have left, I gave up my seat. Today I was sent to Denver and my next flight was canceled due to winter storm here. Another night in a hotel, not as nice as last night, no suitcase, no pjs, no dinner (no food at the hotels!) I WANT TO GO HOME! No good deed goes unpunished :-(

MN Deb from Mall of America Land

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 19,865

I arrived home about 20 min. ago.  After locking myself out of the hotel room twice, forgetting to remove key from the lock when I went to bed and walking right past the breakfast area, I was glad I remembered how to get home :)

It was great to see friends and make new friends and I look forward to more retreats in the future.  Bill is felling lots better and is all ready for surgery on Monday.

Judy - I hope you and George make it home safely.  I know George was glad to know that his daughter is working the flight.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:51 PM

MNgutsygal :
Today I was sent to Denver and my next flight was canceled due to winter storm here.

Deb, I watched the weather this evening and the same storm you're experiencing in Colorado stretches all the way to Mpls.  You might be there more than one day.  Our power is out tonight due to the overabundance of heavy wet snow on the power lines.  I'm afraid it may be out all night.  Brrrrr!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Sorry it took so long for me to say, HOME AT LAST! We stopped at the quilt shop in Springfield and I was suddenly attacked from the side and looked up to see Leslie's face about 3 inches from mine! So fun! It We stopped again at Clinton, MO for a pizza and they were slow as molasses and took us an hour there. Finally at 8:30 we arrived at Mary's house, and I was too tired to drive over dangerous roads for another hour to get to my house so I opted to spend the  night there. I got home around 11:30, read my mail, and slept the rest of the day away. The late nights finally caught up with me.

I had soooo much fun. I miss all you wonderful ladies already. It was great to see old friends again and meet wonderful new friends. Nancy, I am glad that you and Randy beat the storm.

Deb, I hope you make it home sometime soon. Don't you just hate getting stuck in airports! And strange hotels.

Judy, you and your husband are in my prayers and I pray that George's health improves soon.

Gini, don't give Sam too hard a time about is mixup. He may not ever let us all come back!

Diana and Nana, safe travels the rest of the way home.

And Karla, don't spend too much money at that nearby quilt shop! Mary and I stopped at the little shop in Branson and I said, if she still has one of those kits that Barbara bought then it was meant to be, and of course, she had one.

Barbara, I hope you had a safe trip home. We haven't heard from Bonita yet, have we?

Glad you found your way home, Beth.

I was sorry that I didn't get to say goodby to Thea and Jay. Hope your trip home was uneventful.

Darlene will get home sometime soon, I hope, safe and sound.

I hope that Gretchen, Ronnie, Liz and Jim have made it home safe.

I enjoyed Ruth Ann so much! She made me laugh so much. Hope you had a fun time with all us crazies!

Most of all, I thank Sam and Barbara for arranging this retreat, and to Sam for keeping us supplied with tea. The room we had to quilt in was perfect.

It was all around a great week and thank you all for making it so much fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:09 PM

Glad you're home, Elaine!  What a nice wrap-up you wrote.  Ditto from me, everyone.  LOL    ;-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:12 PM

MNgutsygal, hope you make it home tomorrow safe & sound.  No food isn't good.  My aunt lives in Col. and she told me they were having a big storm today.

Joyce

Page 43 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use