Top 10 Posters

MARAUDING IN MISSOURI

Page 24 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:55 PM

Lest you think this reporter has not been sewing, I'll show you that I do have stacks of blocks done. I can't put any of it together until I have all the blocks finished.  I'm quite happy with the performance of my new Featherweight.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,577
Points 118,625

Kris:

Elaine Phillips:
Deb finally finished a top. Yeh for her! Isn't it cute?

Nice work Deb.

Deb was jumping up and down, sating "I want Kris to see this, it's proof I'm sewing!" The woman is a hoot. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Kris:

Elaine Phillips:
Deb finally finished a top. Yeh for her! Isn't it cute?

Nice work Deb.

Thanks, Kris and Leslie.  I am so glad to show a finished project. 

Nana gave me the cutest sewing pin to wear on my shirts. I also won a package of Aurifil thread, which made me very happy cuz I had never tried it. My goodness, what a difference from Coatesand Clark. 

This is my third quilt retreat, and I love, love, love the people! More fun then a slumber party; we are in our jammies, and drinking wine! 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:17 PM

The Madams of Missouri have a new theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N-LhhrH-c8

Thanks Judy T!  We're having a jammy party this evening which is why this song is so appropriate.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:21 PM

Wow Nancy, you too have been busy!  That's a lot of blocks.  That is going to be a beautiful quilt in those fabrics.  Love the color and the prints. 

The diversity of y'alls projects makes all the photos interesting.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:24 PM

That song was so funny, LOL!  It is fun just reading about y'alls antics and adventures.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585

I can not tell you how glad I am to come to retreat tonight! Along about noon I decided to go to the city to do the monthly shopping. WHAT was I thinkin'???  It's a 90 min drive ...in a snow storm it takes longer.  So there  was nearly 4 hours out of my day  just getting there and back. And for some odd reason the traffic was heavy in town. I was nearly t-boned by a guy running a stop-light - thankfully I swerved and he braked so we got off with a near miss and an adrenaline rush. (I may have taught Sprout some new words in the aftermath..)

Poor Sprout was stuck in the car seat and the shopping cart all day. I let him help me push the cart in JoAnne's today but otherwise he was strapped into a hard plastic seat of one form or another all day. Now he's doing his happy pants shuffle, expressing his delight to be free of confinement and get to explore his world again...

Yup..I needed a glass of wine and a good chuckle. Thank You!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:58 PM

Nancy you have quite a nice stack of blocks. This quilt will look awesome when finished! Amazing a great reporter and an even greater quilter! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:04 PM

And, another finished top, we are rocking.

way to go Karla, this is beautiful

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,390
Points 46,930
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:16 PM

Elaine, that is a great quilt top! I love the texture in your fabrics.

Nancy, the song is so funny! Thanks.

is Marie a great Grandma yet? I hope she got to Boston safe and sound.

Karla's quilt is beautiful.  I love the bright colors.

Gini thanks again for giving me the tour this afternoon. You ladies are the best!

No sewing again tonight. After supper, I decided to make cookies for the Grade four class I'm accompanying tomorrow on a snowshoe trip. Then I talked to my DB about making maple syrup taffy.  This is such a spring thing around here. So tomorrow night is my quilting night with friends.  I will check often.  

Be good...but not too much. I love how you make me smile and laugh!

bed time so I can work tomorrow!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:38 PM

Yah Deb!  that is going to be a cute qult.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:44 PM

Ruth Ann (SoBuzy) revealed her completed Jenny Doan quilt.  She personalized the blocks by adding her own twist to them.  Lovely!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:23 AM

So, QCA club members, you all are heading to bed, aren't you?   We here in Branson are burning the midnight oil.

Gretchen has finished this sweet applique pattern.

Gini finished, maybe, her Branson Waves quilt.  The maybe is because some applique in the border is still under consideration.  What do you think?  Does the border need anything more?  Sam especially loves how warm the colors of this quilt are.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:34 AM

Bonita has three dresdens,mostly pieced

Beautiful job, bonit

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:21 AM

MNnancy:
So, QCA club members, you all are heading to bed, aren't you?   We here in Branson are burning the midnight oil.

I'm still up (as usual) I'm enjoying the show and tell. Nice work everyone.

I like Gretchen's appliqué.

Gini, the "Branson Waves" is wonderful. I think some appliqué in the border would be a nice touch.

Ruth Ann, nice quilt. I really like the colour scheme.

Nice Dresdens Bonita.

Karla's kaleidoscope is fun.

Thea, "Tree of Life" is fantastic. I've always liked those fabrics but never bought any.

I'm off to do some reading.

Page 24 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use