Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 455
Raewyn Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:38 AM

G'Day I'm Raewyn from Australia. I joined the site today and am looking forward to making new friends and new quilts. I've been machine quilting for a year and a half. I love it. My aim is to learn to quilt my tops and also to learn applique. I don't really have any preference for a quilt I like all of them and want to try all techniques. I like making mystery quilts I'm working my way through a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt at present. Jump in at the deep end right? I've joined the mystery quilt group here and can't wait to get started.

I'm a full time working middle aged woman married to a most wonderful man (he does the cooking so I can sew how good is that!) We have a teenage daughter I have three fur babies. A beagle called Busta , a border collie called Ziggy and a tabby called Chloe and that is my family.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,044
Points 369,152
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:14 AM

Welcome Raewyn.

A few of us made Bonnie Hunter's mystery in the Scrap Happy group and the appliqué group is just starting a new project that is suitable for beginners.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:56 AM

Welcome Raewyn.  I have 5 Australian cousins.  My aunt in WWII stow away on the merchant marine ship of her boyfriend.  The captain didn't discover her until half way back to Australia, and he then performed the marriage ceremony.  I have yet to visit Australia, but my mother and sister did.

Glad you can join us.  You will find many friends here.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:14 AM

Welcome Raewyn, glad to have another Aussie on here, where do you live?  I can say everyone here is very welcoming, friendly, caring & chatty.

Clare xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Hi Raewyn, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:56 AM

Hi, Raewyn. Good to meet 'cha! Sounds like you have, pretty much, learned your way around our site.

I have a husband, one son, and 4 fur babies. A Yorkie named Lily, three contrary cats, Mother, Kitty,a nd Emmy Lu. The cats are out making paw prints in the little bit of snow we got last night. Their little paw prints are so cute.

Have a great time here. We all do.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:59 AM

Welcome to our family, Raewyn, nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,090
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:07 PM

G'Day I'm Raewyn from Australia,

Oh, I love your name, Raewyn!  not sure how to say it but it's pretty in writing.  Welcome, where in Australia are you from?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 3:04 AM

Hi raewyn,   welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:57 PM

Nice to meet you, Raewyn!  I suppose as we are anxiously awaiting spring's arrival that you are saying goodbye to summer.  It was fun reading your introduction - I can "hear" your wonderful accent in your writing.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:47 PM

Raewyn welcome to the group.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 455
Raewyn replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:41 PM

Hello everyone and thank you so much for the lovely welcome I was looking for a button to reply to this thread and have worked out how to drive it now. Yeah! It is a beautiful day here on the central coast. I was at quilt class yesterday (Luvin it) and started a lap quilt which I'm quite happy with.  I've nearly finished the blocks (cheated a little because they were a kit already cut) but have to add my own background/borders/sashing Darn that means I'll have to go buy some fabric (giggle). I have two to make for my sisters in New Zealand. I also have to quilt a dolls quilt I have sandwiched together for my mum. So they are my current projects. I'll post piccies when I finish them. Have a great sewing day! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 2:41 PM

G'Day Reawyn, nice to meet you.  WELCOME!

I have 3 fur babies Dutch, a Patterdale, Buster,  a Pit Bull mix. and Dharma a Fila Brasileria and 4 horses, 2 Paso Finos a bay and a grey, and 2 Palomino Tennessee Walkers.

I'm retired and love quilting for family and friends.  This (QCA) is an awesome site to make new friends and learn lots of quilting techniques.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use