Top 10 Posters

Ugly Fabric Contest

Page 37 of 42 (629 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 628 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,860

Another vote for the blue you used. It balances well with the shades of beige/brown. Makes it light and lively. (Sounds like yogurt.)

~Jodie

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,562
Points 246,197
Thea replied on Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:24 AM

Sandy, Us judges shouldn't be judging already but I ahve to say the blue looks beautiful to me - it works great for me.  looks like a turquoise in the rough... kind of a southwestern flare.  I like it... I still want to know where the Ugly is though...teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:59 AM

Sandy, your quilt is very nice. Looks to me like the blue fabric you chose matches the blue in the patterned (ugly?) fabric, so nice choice!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Here's my ugly fabric quilt. I've posted it on the contest entry thread as well.

This was lots of fun. I'm going to keep this one after all, rather than giving it to charity. The block is Brave World with the lights and darks reversed compared to the traditional block. It measures 50x60 as required for the contest, but I think I will add another border of the red/orange fabric. Now I'll have to think about how to quilt it.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 1:34 PM

Judy, I'm not a fan of orange, but this looks great! The way the ugly fabric's dark parts show up in different places in the cut pieces adds something to it! I like the pieced outer border, too.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 2:21 PM

JUDY, I LIKE YOUR  QUILT....GOOD IMAGINATION, AND I REALLY LIKE THE BORDERS, I THINK IT GOES REALLY WELL WITH THE THEME OF THE QUILT.  ARE YOU KEEPING THIS QUILT OR PLAN TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 2:23 PM

SANDY, I like the blue...looks great.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,360
Dale replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 3:00 PM

Judy J,

Your ugly fabric and your creative use of it made one beautiful quilt.

Northern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,538
Points 47,600

Sandy & Judy your "uglies" turned out great. I am really impressed with the quilts that are showing up in the contest. Ya'll have some real talent!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Sandy, I too am a fan of the blue, and love the way your quilt turned out.

Judy J., Wow, A lot of work in those blocks and borders, and look how beautiful it turned out.

I'm so impressed with what all of you have done with your "ugly" fabrics. I guess you just never know the potential until you dive in.... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 5:43 PM

Judy J

Your quilt turned out so pretty.  Beautiful use of ugly fabric.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Mar 6 2010 6:05 PM

Judy -

I love the pattern you used.  I'll have to check out that block.  I don't think I have ever made one before.  I like orange.  Your border is fun, too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Judy, my favorite color, orange. Your ugly quilt is beautiful. I don't even know which fabric you called ugly. Everyone's quilts that I have seen are just great. Therefore, there is no ugly fabric.

Elaine Phillips

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Sandy, I think the blue you used is the perfect blue for your quilt. I love all the quilts I am seeing. Everyone is so talented.

Elaine Phillips

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Jeanine:
I'll have to check out that block.  I don't think I have ever made one before.

Jeanine,

Eleanor Burns has an easy shortcut way to make the Brave World block, in episode 3012. (Unfortunately it's not on QNNTV, but I found it on VIMEO.) The video includes brides bouquet as well. Fon & Porter also have a video where they call it Brave New World, but their approach is not nearly as easy or foolproof.

Elaine, if you don't think the fabric is ugly, you might want to check it out on the contest submission forum thread. "Lava slugs' was the best nickname--I don't remember who called it that.

To all the others who commented, thank you so much. Orange isn't my favorite color at all, but it's growing on me with this quilt.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Page 37 of 42 (629 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use