Suggestions for a quilt pattern

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
Cactusrose Posted: Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:17 AM

Hi I am new to the club.  I am a one year breast cancer survivor.  I have being sewing since I was a girl but am an intermediate quilter. I want to make a quilt for our local cancer group to auction for funds.  These funds are used for helping local people with gas money and other things.  We are a rural group.  I live in Eden, Texas which is the geographical center of Texas. We only have two fabric stores in our closest town.  I found 7 different breast cancer fabrics and would like to incorporate them if possible in the quilt. If there are suggestions for something not to difficult for me I would appreciate it. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:31 AM

Hi and Welcome!

How about a simple star pattern?  Maybe with sashing maybe not, depending on how busy the fabrics are.  Can you post pictures of the fabrics?

I'm in the piney woods of East Texas, just east of Lake Livingston.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:03 PM

Cactus Rose

Perhaps a simple nine patch with sashing.   You can incorporate a triangle on the sides of the 9-patch and then set them on point...or just keep it simple.  Your quilting choices will make the quilt.

Here is photo of a simples 9-patch, my 1st quilt, hand quilted.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:14 PM

Joni, It's lovely!  I really like blue and white quilts.  You did a great job.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:34 PM

Congratulations on that great news.  If I were to design a breast cancer quilt... I would do circles like olympic rings intertwined with folk art hands appliqued  in center of rings down the center, with the ribbon shape around around the border some how. Just a thought .  Good luck on your design.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 1:15 PM

Love your blue and white quilt, Joni.  I too, am partial to blues.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:42 AM

Many thanks, yes I love blue and white quilts.  I have a couple more I would like to make this year.  It just might be accomplished, I'm slowly collecting the fabrics.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use