Top 10 Posters

Janome 7700

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 100
Cschell posted on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:55 PM

Hello! I'm new to this blog and am looking for some advice on a sewing machine purchase. 

I have come across what I think is a good deal on a janome horizon 7700. If anyone out there has one, please give me your input! I'm also considering the janome 8900, but would have to wait as the price is quite a bit more. 

Any advise or opinion appreciated!

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,344 Posts
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:37 PM

Cschell:
I have come across what I think is a good deal on a janome horizon 7700

First welcome to QCA, Cschell. We're glad you've found us. 

I have a 7700 and love it.  It has a wonderful stitch and  a large harp (throat) area which makes it easier to quilt larger quilts on your home machine.  I was going to buy two machines, one to piece on and one to quilt with but this one was like getting what I wanted in one machine. I love the attached walking foot and hope to graduate to free motion quilting soon. I have not been interested in machine embroidery.  My dealer is wonderful to work with although she is farther away than I would like as regular routine maintenance takes a bit longer. I've never had any trouble with my machine that I haven't been able to fix myself.   I don't know anything about the 8900 so I can't really compare the two.    There is a Janome group on this site if you would like to read what others think about these machines.  Just go to the home page and look under groups.  Good luck and I hope you find what fits your needs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:38 PM

I have the 7700 and absolutely love it.  The throat space is awesome.   It has the needle up/down, knee lift for the pressor foot, and the thread cutter.   I have had no complaints with mine and use it daily.  I don't think you can go wrong with this machine.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,384 Posts
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:43 PM

Welcome Cschell. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
210 Posts
Points 4,540

Welcome CSchell.  For those interested there's an app called footbook that explains every foot for the Janome with video.  My LQS and my Janome dealer told me about it.  I love my 7700

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Top 50 Contributor
2,576 Posts
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:08 AM

I like that machine just haven't seen one in my area.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,649 Posts
Points 135,942

Cshell welcome.  the 7700 is a great machine

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
23 Posts
Points 335

I have the 7700 and really enjoy all its features. I am going to my Janome dealer today to pick up my new serger.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use