Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 606
Points 9,655
Joyce Posted: Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:39 AM

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone has the measurements to make a roll up pillow case.  I downloaded the instructions but I want the one with the little 2 inch band that is attached to the larger band.  I'm not sure just where to place that 2 inch one when I'm layering them all together.  I watched a video but they didn't give the measurements.  Now knowing me I will have that band at the bottom of the case or who knows where.  If you can help I appreciate it.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

Joyce:
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone has the measurements to make a roll up pillow case.

Joyce, are you referring to the Hot Dog pillowcase method? I have the instructions saved as a PDF file. Would you like me to PM it to you? I'm leaving for a meeting but could get it to you this evening.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:12 AM

I, too, have pillowcase instructions as PDF files that I would be happy to send you. The basic measurements are as follows:

body: 28" long x full width of fabric (43"-45")

cuff: 10"-11" long x full width of fabric 

trim: 2 1/2"-3 1/2" long x full width of fabric (If you want a 2" trim I think you'd go with a little longer length. I usually use 2 1/2 inch strip for my trim and it's finished size is 1 inch folded.)

About.com has a great tutorial for French Seamed Roll-up Pillowcase. Just Google it. Hope this helps! I make lots of pillowcases using that tutorial. I like the French Seams since there is no raffling when it washes.

Roxana in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:15 AM

Here's the tutorial for the Frenvh-Seamed Pillowcase:

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/easy-pillowcase-pattern.htm

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 722
Points 14,110

Here's a link to illustrated instructions on QCA done by Marge (AKA Dimples):

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/7462/108754.aspx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 606
Points 9,655
Joyce replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:23 PM

Thank you Judy, I had never heard it called the hot dog pillow case before.  I did watch the QCA post that was posted here and they called it a hot dog also.  That is exactly what I was asking for.  I want to make some for my DGC.  I made some couple years ago without the extra band but I really like the additional touch.

Thank you ladies for your help.  I told my DH that I had ask for help.  I knew you would come thru.  Have a great weekend.

Joyce

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use