rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,975
Ibuiltaquilt Posted: Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:14 PM

Hey there!

I just started quilting in the past few months. My first project was to build a fabric stash and now I'm on probation. My second project was to make a quilt, any quilt because my sister said I have plenty of fabric to do so. So, I started a cathedral quilt. Feels more like origami than quilting. I'm a huge fan of the Jennifer Chiaverini  books but I should say audiobooks (I listen to them while sewing). I live in a town with a low population and not many folks in my age group (late 20s) so I'm hoping to meet folks worldwide. Ok. Toodles!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:29 PM

Hello, I Built a Quilt!  Welcome to QCA!

It's really fun to see so many younger quilters joining our club. So you're already addicted to fabric, are you?  You'll find plenty of other fabriholics here as well.  I hope we'll get to see your cathedral quilt when it's finished.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:53 AM

Built a Quilt ,welcome to the club, glad to have you joining us .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:23 AM

BQ, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:44 AM

Welcome to a fellow fabricholic.   I have a huge stash but I've also been quilting for about 15 years.  We enjoy passing along our love of quilting so if you have questions or need help solving a problem, just ask. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:23 AM

Oh, I built a quilt.  That is probably the most time consuming quilt to do.  I know our quilt group here finished one for a lady whose arthritis had become too bad to let her complete it.  What a job. But it was beautiful when finished and she was just intears with the beauty of it.   Good luck,   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:51 AM

Welcome, Builtaquilt ! If you dont mind me asking, what is your name??? Im from Massachusetts  originally but now live in Florida. I do miss NE, though. I hate the summers here in Florida.  Hope you enjoy your time here at QCA. The people here are the best, and willing to share quilting knowledge and any other questions you may have. You took on a BIG job for your first project. Good Luck, and be sure and show some pics when your done.    Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,635
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:17 AM

Hi there!  Welcome to QCA.  We are a bunch of enablers here and will cheer you on every time you tell us of another fabric acquisition!  I've been in TX for 10 years but spent most of the rest of my life in NH, primarily N. Walpole and Amherst.  Where are you?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 112
Points 1,975

Thank you everybody! I feel a bunch better knowing that the cathedral quilt truly is a time consuming project and it's not just me!! I'll def have pictures soon. Two rows done and 13 to go... pictures to come at every 5.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:46 AM

Welcome to the site.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Welcome to the site, I have listed to the runaway quilt and the lost quilter and I loved them.  I listen to audiobooks while commuting to and from work as well as while sewing.   

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:00 PM

Ibuiltaquilt:
I live in a town with a low population and not many folks in my age group (late 20s) so I'm hoping to meet folks worldwide. Ok. Toodles!

Welcome to the group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:27 PM

hi IBAQ, welcome ot the group

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:31 PM

Hi I built a quilt, I am fairly new to the QCA site and have found I love it and so many nice people.  I can't wait to see your cathedral quilt.  I wouldn't know where to begin.  Welcome.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Well welcome Ibuiltaquilt. You will love it here. Everyone is so nice here. Just FYI - I passed probation over 8 years ago. Thank goodness I don't listen to my husband when he talks about my fabric collection. We could always go out to his garage and talk about his collectionsssss. Can't wait to see pictures.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use