Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 11 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 50
Katherine Posted: Thu, Apr 30 2009 11:22 PM

Do you all think the teal/brown, oink/bron color trends are on their way out? I'm getting tired of it.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70
Annette replied on Thu, May 7 2009 1:06 AM

Hi Katherine,

I work at a LQS, and we just can't keep anything brown in the store--it just sells so fast.  But the pink/orange combination seems to be picking up speed.  And those folksie birds and slightly psychedelic owls--which seems like a repeat of the early 70's.  I'm expecting earth-tones and mushrooms to become popular next.  LOL!  Only time will tell.

Annette, in the Utah Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 190

I love pink and orange!

Jodie

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 360

Hi! I AGREE 100% Owls are on their way IN...I've been looking for owl fabric for a couple years and all of a sudden it's popping up everywhere...cute bright colors...fun 70's stuff...but please, DON'T bring back the mushrooms!!!! I have finished my owl quilt top and label but .... it's not quilted yet....I know I will have to get some more and make another owl quilt....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 140

Owls have been around for about a year now in the Etsy and other areas... Indie crafts...

I travel a lot and see the Pink/brown combos being shared.. people do love it... I love orange with EVERYTHING... woot!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,515

I was on my once every two years hour in the mall last week and saw a little pink and orange sweater and thought of this discussion. It's pink with orange edging and even a little fabric orange belt. I was giggling at you guys when I bought it!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 1,035

Color is back, not only in fabric but in fashion. 

The Joy of Fabric Color and Prints

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 1,100
Danielle replied on Thu, May 21 2009 6:09 PM

Hmm.....I've seen lots of brown, tan & light pink quilts in magazines. I think they're on their way in.

-- CocoQuilter18

danielle (:

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 30
Becky13 replied on Sun, May 20 2012 1:23 PM

very glad to see some color in fashion, but I'm sorry, I can't stand the owls

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 20 2012 4:12 PM

Jodie Quilter:

I love pink and orange!

Jodie

My daughters wedding two years ago was pink and orange.  It worked very well!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 20 2012 4:14 PM

I am in love with the browns used with teal, mint, pink and then with lime, turquoise, orange, pink.  I am not tired of it yet.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 285
Melissa replied on Sun, May 20 2012 4:41 PM

I like orange, turquoise, and lime green together. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

The Quilt Daddy:

When it comes to color I pick the colors I like and do not pay much attention to what is in or out. If I want to make a bbrown and pink quilt or a teal and black quilt then I hunt down the fabrics and do it. Who are the manufacturers trying to kid we are going to buy what we like and the rest will end up drastically reduced because we do not buy them. So ladies join me in buying what appeals to your quilting needs and do not worry about what the manufacturers want us to like.

I'm with you Quilt Daddy!  They can't tell me what I like - I choose what I like and I have zero consideration for what is "in."

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 20 2012 4:54 PM

I'm not that creative.  I like seeing what manufacturers put together and then deciding if I like it or not!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use