Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 145
Kim Posted: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:15 PM

Hi there! I'm Kim and I'm glad to be on the site. Lets see a little about myself,I'm in Gautier, Mississippi right now,don't know where we'll be next week. My husband works for a specialty company in the oil refineries so we travel a lot. I have 7 children. 4 boys age 28-15. 3 girls from age 26-19. Now the ones that make my world go round...my 5 grand babies. A 13 yr old young man, a 4 yr old princess(her grandaddy's ) a 4 yr old little man a 2 yr old sweet loving boy and a 7 month old adorable baby girl that smiles all the time and I have not got to spoil like I should. My husbands job has us on the road away from them far more than I like. 

I have my quilting to keep my hands and mind busy. I have SLE (a form of Lupus)and very limited use of my hands on some days, BUT the quilting has been helping some on that. I love quilting. A dear friend got me started about a yr ago and since I've hand quilted from start to finish 3 quilts and 4 on the machine. I'm working on another right now that I should have done by Thursday I'm hoping. 

I can't wait to meet other quilters on here and learn from them and make some new friends.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:15 AM

hi kim, welcome to the group.  it sounds like you have your hands full with your family. you wi9ll find lots of quilty friends here.  we have lots of fun chatting about our quilts and our lives. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:33 AM

Kim, welcome to the club,  gald to have you joining us. sounds like you have a pretty full plate.  Look foward to seeing you around .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 4:46 AM

Welcome Kim

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:20 AM

Welcome Kim,    Jump right in.   We quilters love to pass along our love of quilting.  If you have questions, just ask.  We like to see what everyone is working on too.  We like pictures....

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:00 AM

Welcome Kim!

Quilting is a passion for all ages.  I love making quilts for myself as well as for family and friends.  I can't understand why no matter how many quilts I make, my stash just continues to grow. 

I love hand quilting also, but have too many days when my arthiritis kicks in and cannot do it.  Been working on one quilt for 3 years...just too many pain filled days.  That's when I get busy and use one of my machines to piece.

Great meeting you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:46 AM

Welcome Kim.  Looks like you have a wonderful full life with your family.  We would love to see pics of your quilts.  You've also come to the right place for friends, we're a fun group.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 740

Welcome Kim.  I live near Boston.  Hope today is a good day for quilting!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome Kim,

It sure sounds like you have your hands full and a wonderful family. I'm still dealing with my empty nest after only 9 years. Quilting sure helps. Doesn't it? You will  love it here. Everyone here is so friendly here. There are also many of us dealing with some form or another of illness and/or pain that goes along with it. You are in the right place.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:07 AM

Welcome Kim.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:13 AM

Kim

Welcome to the group.  It sounds like you have a wonderful family.  Aren't grands the best?  I hope you enjoy your time with us and will jump in and chat.  We love chatting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 901
Points 16,685

Welcome Kim!  Love to see your quilts.  This is a great site.  There are lots of great groups to join & you'll find some great friends,  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 145
Kim replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:14 PM

Thank all of you for such a wonderful welcoming. It brightened my day to see all the replies I had on here. I will get pics up of my quilts. I have to get some first. I know I should always take pics before they go to their new homes. 

Tata..and happy quilting. 

Kim

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:28 PM

Welcome Kim. I have a buch of kids too but mine are spread out more than yours, 3 girls and 5 boys between 25 and 4 years old. I still have 5 at home and quilting helps keep me sane! 

It took me a lot of years before I thought to take a photo of each quilt as I made it, it's fun to go back and look at the photos, especially photos of the quilts you've given away over the years.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use