Memory Craft 8000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,154 Posts
Points 14,985
Dawn posted on Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:31 PM

Wondering if anyone has/had one.  A friend is selling hers, trying to figure out if I want to get it.  She is seeling it fairly cheap, I think.  It has around 10 embroidery cards.  Also about 20 spools of thread.  It has a lot more stitches than mine . ..  which is cool, but not sure I would use them . . . but for the price, might be a nice back up machine . . . oh, she is selling it for $300.  Anyway, would love any input. 

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,837 Posts
Points 248,889

Dawn I'm not familiar with this machine,but I do have a janome and I love mine. I have the MC 6600.  the price seems right  try sewing with it some and see how you like it ,that's my suggestion for you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,571 Posts
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:57 AM

Dawn,

I have the 7500 and both machines are great machines... The 8000 has embroidery and my 7500 has just some decorative stitches..Both machines are great reliable machines. With cards I think thats a fair price.

Kelley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

One of my favorite sites for reading sewing machine reviews is http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/Reviews/

When you click into the model you want to read about which brings up the first review, note that below the title there is a link called "# more reviews for this machine" so you can see more.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,154 Posts
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:05 AM

Thanks everyone!  I know the machine is in great condition, as I know my friend kept it wonderfully!  Also, it has sat about 15 years, not being used, but I know my DH could get it going it need be.  Thanks for the link Nancy.  Will check that out!

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 95

Love my 8000!   The price is about what I was asking when I up graded to a newer machine.  However, I sold another model and kept this one as the back up.  Did the price include the cloth setter and other accessories?  

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Points 100

I have a 9000, it's a great machine. I've had mine about 10 years, and have never had a problem. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use