Pfaff Embroidery Machines

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana posted on Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:30 PM

I am looking to upgrade my machine that does embroidery.  I really like the options on the Pfaff Creative Performance and the price the dealer quoted me is really pretty awesome.  Especially when compared to other brands with the same options.   Does anyone have any experience with this machine or any other Pfaff embroidery machine?   I know that there have been some complaints regarding FMQ.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,854 Posts
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 8:07 PM

Nana,

I have the Creative 2170. It's a really good machine and I love it. I've had trouble with getting some embroidery designs to stitch out lately but it could be more user error than machine. This machine has been through a lot lately so that could also account for the stitch issues.

I don't know much about the new model.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

Hello. I bought the Pfaff Creative Performance here in Pittsburgh. I went into a retailer looking for a multi-thread/needle embroidery machine but when we talked about what I do and my little bitty singer I had, she showed me the Pfaff. I received the machine, the embroidery unit, the 5D software and a purple bag with extra design dongle and paid 5k. it was a demo machine in store with a couple hundred hours on it.  The host at the sewing store said that it was a 6k plus deal and I shopped around a little and think for what I paid I did get a great deal. I am VERY happy with the machine. It's completely amazing. I recently bought a ton of feet and the couching set as well as the cutwork embroidery set. If you've not seen the Pfaff accessories PDF that's interactive with video -- go check that out. There's some great support on the web site and I don't think there's a Pfaff dealer out there that wouldn't support one on one classes with you to get comfortable with your machine. Also, some of the feet have downloadable extra stitches to run. I'm mostly a home designer for small projects who took up quilting in this last year and really want to embellish modern quilt designs. It has a nice deep throat for quilting. My daughter makes clothes, purses, my granddaughter is now taking up small projects too. We're all very excited about the endless possibilities this entire machine now affords us. It's completely amazing. I hope this helps you! Regards, Anne from PIT. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:00 PM

Anne

That is an awesome endorsement.  Thanks.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
2,758 Posts
Points 38,945
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:32 PM

Although I don't have that machine I have 3 other pffafs Ive never experinced problems with them , but I think I read somewher that people were having problems in reverse stitching not lining up right I'm not sure which machines they were talking about.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:29 PM

Nana, as you know it all depends on the dealer and the service department.  If you can trust them 100%, and will be 100% confident they will stand behind the machine, then go for it.  

The 2nd closest LQS to me (50miles) is a pffaf dealer (Patti has machines from her).  Most of her customers are satisfied because she offers very good customer support, but I also have heard people who have been very frustrated with the machines.  (But, some are getting nervous because she is approaching retirement age and they don't know what will happen when she does.)

The Pffaf's are made with a lot more plastic parts than the other machines you are used to, so you do have to be more careful with not "flexing" moving parts.  I overheard one customer who had to pay $300 to replace the base of her Pffaf because she had wiggled the plug too much in removing it and wore out the connection.  The plug alone was not replaceable...it was only sold as a unit - the entire base of the machine (made in China).

A friend of mine has the latest greatest (which I believe is the Creative Performance).  She is a very bright lady...a retired teacher and school principal!  I was at a retreat with her several months after she bought her new machine, and she was having a terrible time with the embroidery module.  It turned out (after hours on the phone with this LQS) that she was not engaging the module in the proper order!  Apparently on the pffaf, there is a very specific sequence that you must follow to initiate the embroidery functions.  Two of us with other embroidery machines had tried to help, but never suspected that the sequence was the critical issue - as it wasn't for ours.

Be sure to ask lots and lots of questions!!!!  Again, I think it boils down to your confidence in the dealer and their service.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:54 PM

Donna

I definitely ask lots of questions of all my dealers.  If I had the $10,000 I would go with the Bernina 830 but that is just too steep.  The Pfaff is the only other machine I have found thus far that will handle the extra big hoop like the Bernina will take.  But I will definitely do more research before I make a decision.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:22 PM

Nana:

Donna

I definitely ask lots of questions of all my dealers.  If I had the $10,000 I would go with the Bernina 830 but that is just too steep.  The Pfaff is the only other machine I have found thus far that will handle the extra big hoop like the Bernina will take.  But I will definitely do more research before I make a decision.

Nana, have you thought about a demo machine?  That is what my 830 was...from the Bernina 830 Limited Edition Special Workshops they had in Chicago.   After each session, they sell all of the machines at a discount with a new warrantee.  I asked the Bernina dealer if they had a demo available, they called Bernina and found this one for me and had it shipped to Seattle.    It was about $2,000 less than the new price. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:22 AM

Donna

I have checked on pricing on various machines...floor model, demo, etc.   It is just really hard to hit that $10,000 mark.   I still bouncing around ideas and haven't made any definite decisions on anything.   I have found Bernina's to be real work horses and don't think I have ever heard a bad comment on their performance.   Just wish the price tag had a little less sticker shock...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Nana:

Donna

I have checked on pricing on various machines...floor model, demo, etc.   It is just really hard to hit that $10,000 mark.   I still bouncing around ideas and haven't made any definite decisions on anything.   I have found Bernina's to be real work horses and don't think I have ever heard a bad comment on their performance.   Just wish the price tag had a little less sticker shock...LOL

I know, I am still pinching pennies as a result.

I am on a 48 month zero interest payment plan.  But, the $xxx out of my quilting and fabric budget every month is tough!

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use