Short arm quilting.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
47 Posts
Points 1,585
Jesse posted on Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:27 PM

An you turn hand quilting frames into machine quiltig frames? I would like to save some money. Just bought a quilter and I can't find frames for under 1000 

  • | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
26,593 Posts
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:58 PM

Probably not. There needs to be a platform on which your machine rests and rails to move it back and forth. Plus I don't think they're sturdy enough to withstand the vibration from a sewing machine.

The Super Quilter frame is $899.

Handi Quilter made a "portable" frame that you use on a regular table but I don't think it's still in production. There are some places that still sell it. Do a search for it. It's called the "Handi Quilter II".

  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Points 235
Treefrog replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:01 PM

I have seen the handi quilter II on eBay quite a bit lately.  Keep your eyes open for one.  I also have thought about using the hand quilting frame if it could be converted.  Just haven't found anything reliable about how to do it, in order to save money, you would have to spend money, a lot of time and then have created one, that maybe works.  Not sure how well it would work, especially since y ou need the carriage for the machine.  The Flynn frame might work better for you.

  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.