rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
215 Posts
Points 5,485
Renee posted on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I am need of some guidance. I have been asked to make a table runner, I am doing 5" charms on point. The patterns in the charms are a little busy so, I thought to put sashing between the rows.  

I have searched and found various instructions on sashing math but, I can't seem to locate something with detailed and easy instructions on how to apply the sashing.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,757 Posts
Points 420,164
gini replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 6:58 PM

i think you would just make the sashings the same length as the sides of your blocks, sash them as you normally would on a block that wasn't set on point .   then figure out how big to make the setting triangles.   i have one at home, i'll look at when i'm there.  it doesn't seem to me it was very hard, you may be over-thinking it. i may have it in my gallery, i'll go look

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,757 Posts
Points 420,164
gini replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:06 PM

you can see i added the sashing, with posts.  each sash is considered a row for sewing purposes.  you sew a row of baskets with the short sashing pieces in between, sew that to a row of sashing ( you don't need to have posts, in that case you would have one long strip cut to the right length), then attach another row of baskets.  in your case you would do squares instead of baskets. .  i hope this helps.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,757 Posts
Points 420,164
gini replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:10 PM

if you look at this close up, ignore the little squares going into the border.   usually these would be triangles,  but i left them square and hand appliqued the top part onto the border, probably not something i would bother with again.   but who knows?  i'm crazy enough to do it again.

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.