Washington quilt shop hop 2013

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:26 PM

My son is relocating to Seattle and has told me about this shop hop. Are there people out there who have or are going to attend?

wondering what people's thoughts are who have attended.

Michelle

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:02 PM

Calling all Washington quilters......

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:23 PM

is the hop on the east side or west side?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:40 PM

Hcim55:

My son is relocating to Seattle and has told me about this shop hop. Are there people out there who have or are going to attend?

wondering what people's thoughts are who have attended.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, I haven't seen you post before so welcome to QCA...

There are many Shop Hops in Western Washington - specifically in the Puget Sound area where Seattle is located.  It's a very urban area with lots of quilt shops and fabric stores galore.  I did not start quilting until I retired and moved from the Puget Sound area to Eastern Washington...which is much more rural and less populated.  We also have Shop Hops here, but less of them and the distance between shops is much greater.  The Shop Hop closest to me is the North Central Washington Quilt Shop Hop.  Here is the info site for 2013:  

http://www.quiltersheaven.com/NCW%20Shop%20Hop/north_central_washington_quilt_s.htm

If you Google - "Puget Sound Quilt Shop Hops" I am sure you will find links to many in the Seattle Area.  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:51 PM

I bet this is the one he was talking about:

http://www.washingtonquiltshophop.com/

This Shop Hop is in June 2013 in Western Washington.

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:43 AM

West side... Website www.washingtonquiltshophop.com. It is in June and spands from the top of Washington to the bottom of the state all on the west coast, 52 shops in all and they say this is there 15th year......silly me thought it was the only one..lol

thank you for responding, it sounds like seattle will be lots of fun for this visiting quilter!

michelle

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:44 AM

That's it! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:24 AM

Hi Donna, thank you that's the one! My son just got done living in anchorage for five years, and I had fun visiting quilt shops there. So looking forward to Seattle. My son says this is the biggest shop hop in Washington?  Someone he worked with in anchorage travels down from anchorage to attend this hop. If I would like to attend my husband is sending me for my birthday/ valentines day (both dates are close to each other). Trying to get a feel if it is as big as they advertise?

I don't post very much....I have done a couple mystery quilts from this site, but I am kind of quiet.... :)

I live in western ny and our quilt shops are quite a distance from each other. Right now we are very fortunate that two new shops have opened....but in ny the question is always will the small business survive?????

thank you for your response, michelle

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:59 AM

michelle, if you've never been to seattle, it is a wonderful city to play in. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:54 AM

Thank you, gini.....I hear that a lot about Seattle.....can't wait. I have been downtown just once for the day and had so much fun.

i am very fortunate my son works for the airlines so every city he has lived in...I have had the fortune to be able to visit often..... I tell everyone he's one son that I get some return on investment ....lol

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70

I started a quilting web site that lists shops, guilds, events, shop hops, anything quilt related, throughout the US and Canada. I'm still inputting compiling for all of the states, but the shop hop directory is full of great events: http://quiltersresources.net/shophops_usa.html

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:36 AM

Looks like a great site!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:38 AM

QR, that's an ambitious undertaking.  It may be difficult locating all shop hops because some of them are word-of-mouth via quilt guilds & shops.  

I looked for your guild listings.  That will be another challenging area as some guilds are not online.  I tried to email you the name of the guild I belong to, but the "contact me" button did not bring up an email dialog box.  In Minnesota, the Ripple River Quilters meet in Aitkin, MN, on the second Tuesday of each month.

I "liked" you on Facebook so I can follow the progress you make.  Thanks for offering this service!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Hi Hcimm55, I hope you let us know how you like your shop hop. I have never done a physical shop hop. Only a virtual one.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,567
Points 118,455

QuiltersResources

Here is a link to another hop in Washington State. This one is loads of fun and each shop gives out a free fat quarter plus drawings for prizes. Last year the top prize was a Singer Featherweight. Plus it's in a gorgeous part of the state, the Olympic Peninsula.  So far they don't have 2013 information on the website but I've emailed them to ask about the event.

http://www.stashdash.com/

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use