introduction

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 180
Linda Deen posted on Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:18 PM

Hello,  I am new to FMQ and new to QCA I have been taking some online courses from Craftsy.  I know everybody has their own style but Leah Day's not dropping the feed dogs is really new.   Everything that I have every read or seen, tells you to drop the feed dogs.  Leah's says that most sewing machines are not really designed to drop the feed dogs and by doing so it really messes up the tension of your machine.

Anybody have any thoughts.  I did experiment with her idea and could not really tell any difference.

• | Post Points: 110

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,467 Posts
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:55 AM

linda, i got so busy answering a question, i forgot to welcome  you,   hi and welcome to the group.   we would love to meet you at the retreat, if even for a day.   we have tons of fun.  some of us have met at other retreats, but most of us only chat here and haven't met in person.   there are no strangers at the retreats.  let me rephrase that, 'cause i think a few of us are pretty strange.  uh,  we're all  friends here. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,467 Posts
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:57 AM

carol, i didn't know you were going to pop in and visit us, i can't wait to meet you.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
764 Posts
Points 9,979

Welcome to QCA Linda...Enjoy!

I just got a Husqvarna Sapphire and you have to drop them according to my book. I have not used that yet so no clue. This will have to be changed soon just so I can break it in right *giggles* plus that means need for more fabric. This is a great group of ladies that will help out.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Linda ,welcome to the club, I to took Leah Day's class ,I do not drop my feed dogs either , I really can't tell you if it is better or not as I use a supreme slider when I quilt and it covers them anyway.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Carol, I am so gald dyou are going to drop in at Branson ,can't wait to meet you . Hope you will stay the day and sew with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Linda , yes please come and visit us at the Branson retreat , We are going to be at the StoneCastle Hotel and confrence center  march 2nd thru the 8th. bring you machine and stuff and spend the day ans sew with us . f yo wan tto spend more then one day  the room rates are 60.00 a night for some very nice rooms.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
6 Posts
Points 180

When is the retreat.   I work full time and not sure I could attend unless it is on the weekend.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,727 Posts
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:25 PM

Linda

March 2 thru March 8.  We would love for you to come spend the day or even 2 with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use