Page 18 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

so, it is 3 yds? I remember Nana saying she usually picks up 3yds ( something to that). But didnt know that that was what we needed. I have some blue I want to use that is 4yds so I figured I was covered but have just been looking at fabric for the other choice until I knew for sure.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,515
Francine replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

I think it was said that if she "likes" a fabric, she buys 3 yards.  I  think we all should wait until the 15th when fabric amounts will be published, along with the cutting instructions

Francine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:11 PM | Locked

this is what Nana posted in the MQ group discussion.

Ladies

If you buy 3 yds each of a dark and a light fabric you will be fine.   That is the same thing I told all the retreat ladies that wanted to buy their fabrics while at retreat.   You may have a little left over but not much.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

The first set of instructions will be the fabric requirement.  Then there will be two week for us to get our fabric then we will get the next set of instructions. we must be patent. It has not started yet.   I have gone back through the post,  I see that some have picked out fabric.This has confused others into thinking that the fabric requirements have been posted.   THEY HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED YET.  We have to wait until Friday.  As I stated in the other post,  Nana mentioned that it is a two colored quilt, and she told the girls at the retreat who wanted to buy their fabric while they were there how much they needed.

Myself, am waiting for the instructions for fabric requirements to be posted in the workshop before I do any choosing of any kind.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Patti:
this is what Nana posted in the MQ group discussion.

Thank you Patti,

I could not find the post

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320
Bayla Singer replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

They may not 'read as solids' but they're surely contrasting -- I don't know if I have enough, but I think they're still available at JoAnn's -- I know I bought the 'white' one there last week!   I'll have to measure ... y'know, there's an AWFUL LOT of arithmetic involved in quilting!  I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I'm hopelessly hooked LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 13,315
Michelle replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:10 PM | Locked
I love these colors! Hope to see how this one turns out

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

okay I made my purchase. the color I got will hopefully be enough, if not they had a whole new bolt that came in today. And If I got to much it is a color that can have a future use. I even bought some border that looks great. At first I was gonna wait but hey I had a coupon for 50% off and it was spending 19.99 a yd. I just diddnt know how much I needed. bought 2yds. so hopefully that will work. works great with my colors. So hopefully that is the way I want to go

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:42 PM | Locked

oh but since I got home I have thought of another color I want to add in. hopefully I can find it. were is a great quilt show when you need it lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:13 AM | Locked

Hi Tink and Melissa, I too am a lone quilter, as I don't have anyone near by who quilts. I have friends who sew some, but don't know anyone who quilts and my daughter isn't one to do crafting of any kind. I have met a couple people on here, this community is such a friendly one....

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:17 AM | Locked

Hi Brigit, these colors are going to make a beautiful quilt, can't wait to see how it turns out, have fun with it.....

Sharon

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:20 AM | Locked

Love your fabric choices Helen, its going to be a beautiful quilt, can't wait to see the outcome....

Sharon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Sound intriguing Nana. I have not picked my fabric yet but I saw some I may go pick up this weekend. Lots of cutting to keep us busy

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,325
Mimi replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

Wahooo!  Fabric requirements and cutting steps are posted!  Okay everyone.  Put in that new blade and get ready for some mystery quilt fun!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 7:06 AM | Locked

The fabric I ordered for the king size bargello I plan to make when I get home arrived yesterday.  So now I am finally ready to leave Paradise and head home! Now that the fabric req. and cutting instructions are up for City Streets, I'm REALLY going through quilting withdraw and ready to head home.  We have to make a 2 week stop in Beaufort, SC to have the boat painted, so I might see if there is somewhere I can rent a machine to do some quilting!! I will at least find a fabric store and purchase fabric for this MQ....I can't wait to start it.  Looking forward to seeing everyone's fabric choices and progress on your MQ's.  Thanks again, Nana for hosting this!

Page 18 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use