Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 17 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

hi everyone, I am getting excited to get going on this. I am going out of town on the 15th, going to go visit my daddy for my b day. But maybe that will work out. I suppose I would just need to go check out the quilt shops there lol. Anyone hailing from the Boise area and recommend shops? 

I am going to make this for my son. I have been collecting fabric for sometime to make him one. So, I have a couple of questions. My son is 6'4" so I need to add for his height (the one he has now he has to turn on an angle for it to be long enough. )   I was wondering if we have a guestimate yet on the size. I am thinking of  making some blocks to go with it as part of the border and wanted to calculate size and number of blocks to get a size I am happy with.

Second question is how much of a contrast do we need. I am looking at two colors. A blue and a cream/brown color. It is not a vivid contrast but there is some. I think the colors go good with the mood of the other fabrics. I am not sure it will look good with a screaming contrast in the middle. (but you never know.) Of course we havent heard how much we need. I know the one should be more then enough, but not sure about the other. (and trying to remember when and where I bought it)

Thanks for the help.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:31 PM | Locked

Read earlier messages. You'll get as many clues as we have been given.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:37 PM | Locked

Read back several messages. Someone summarized all we know so far.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

okay Roxsnne, I must have missed that page somehow but found it now. 

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Shasta replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Wow, I am just getting so excited to do this! Yippee one more week!...(okay, did I just sound a little silly?) :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 10:26 PM | Locked

Shasta7:
Wow, I am just getting so excited to do this! Yippee one more week!...(okay, did I just sound a little silly?) :)

No, this is exactly how most have felt, even with MQ1!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70
tinker replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Just a few more days!   Haven't yet purchased my fabric.   Waiting for the instructions; plus, i don't have lots of Yardage in my stash.   Am thinking i might do a blue & white.  Two-color quilts always pull me, but have never made one. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 167
Points 2,145
Flo replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 2:06 PM | Locked

I am looking forward to my first MQ with this group.  Last year I followed a MQ with McCalls magazine.  It was exciting and made the perfect Christmas gift for my granddaughter.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 115
RENATAP replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

I like the mystery quilts because of the step by step, week to week or month to month process. They keep me excited for the next step, but give me enough time to complete the block. Typically with this mystery quilt forum, they post the materials needed the first week, the second, the first step in cutting instructions and then then next steps as we go from week to week.

Have fun with it and pay attention to the suggested color choices.

Renata

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

It would be nice if those who know where the instructions are would give us the thread #/page #...anyone willing to impart that info?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 195
Kathy replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

Look on page 15, second post from the bottom.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:04 AM | Locked

Thanks Kathy,

if I can get my printer working I'm going to print them...at least I'll copy to document file.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,760
beve99 replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

Hey everyone!

Once again, I'm going to start with the group & hope I can keep up!  I usually fall behind after about the 4th set of instructions, then by the time I'm finished they've usually already posted the people's choice.  I am loving the fabric choices so far.  I hope I've got some in my stash I can use.  Just waiting for the fabric requirements.

Beve

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Joni:

It would be nice if those who know where the instructions are would give us the thread #/page #...anyone willing to impart that info?

We haven't started yet other than it will be a 2 color quilt, and that you will need 3 yards of each. The first set of instructions will be posted into the mystery quilt  workshop 8. This link is located on the Left hand side of the home page .

Lets see if I can simplify things for you that are new.

First, click on the link at the top of the home page that says groups.  scroll down until you find the Mystery quilt 8 group. click on it. It will take you to the mystery group 8 front page.  On the right hand side, you will see a place to join the group and to subscribe to the group by clicking the links.  You will also see several categories like home, discussions, media,  pages, and members.  Explore each of these links so that you get a feel and understanding of how this works.

On March 15th, the first set of instructions will appear above the last step of mystery quilt 7.  on the mystery quilt 8 workshop page. (we put all the instructions for the mysteries together in one place.)  If you need help, go to the discussions link on the front page of the Mystery quilt 8 group.  usually there will be a new thread posted for discussion on each step to answer any questions you may have for Nana.  If you go to discussions right now, you will see one to introduce yourself and for general discussion once the mystery quilt starts. In the media link, you can post your pictures of color choices and your steps as you complete them.   

I hope that this answers your questions. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:22 PM | Locked

Wendy

Thank you for the very concise instructions.  I know it can be really difficult for our newer members to know where to find things.   We only have a couple more days before the first step will be posted.   I hope everyone is ready for fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 17 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use