Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 15 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,929
Points 33,580
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

I just found where she posted the dimensions. She said 52 x 65 and that they could be adjusted by the size of the border. She also mentioned that the two fabrics should be read as solids and in sharp contrast to each other. She said save the print for the "bigger border."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

Roxana:

I just found where she posted the dimensions. She said 52 x 65 and that they could be adjusted by the size of the border. She also mentioned that the two fabrics should be read as solids and in sharp contrast to each other. She said save the print for the "bigger border."

Thanks so much for the information Roxana. I would never have found it. I never finds things when I go back through post again. I will be looking for my fabric tomorrow. I'm so thrilled to be of part of this Mystery Quilt 8 and my first.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
patticake59 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:34 AM | Locked

I started quilting at age 55 and haven't stopped for 18 years. Love the mysteries and am looking forward to it. I love purple' lime green ,orange, and blue green.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 483
Points 9,155
Jan replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

Deb V.

Where east of Syracuse.  I was born and raised there and now live in Rochester.

Jan in Rochester

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

I live in Ilion, just a small village, but if you travel the Thruway you may have seen the sign for it.  It is the next exit east from Utica - which most people have heard of.  I am a transplant from Albany to Ilion.  Maybe if I keep moving west I will end up in Rochester some day.  My sister used to live in Sodus, Webster and Irondequoit - so I know a little about Rochester - very little.  Love the Wegman's grocery store which has not made it further than Syracuse.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 195
Kathy replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 2:59 PM | Locked

Not sure if I'm making a new post here.  If not how do I do that?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 195
Kathy replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:01 PM | Locked

Ok I figured it out..sorry for the double post.

I'm in Fort Myers, FL and have a full time job.  I've been quilting for about 25 years, self-taught by reading quilting books.  I also crochet, knit, embroider, etc.  I'm looking forward to this project because I haven't been quilting much lately and this will get me going again.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:51 PM | Locked

I have completed five MQ so far.  The amazing thing is that we all gave the same pattern but they all turn out so different! The best thing is that you learn so much about your creativity and push you outside your comfort zone!  It's great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:07 PM | Locked

I have my fabric!  I picked up a fir-tree green and a lovely brown.  They look great together, so they should be fun in a quilt.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320
Bayla Singer replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Ooh, Susie, that sounds wonderful!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

My nephew teaches at Ilion High School.  His name is Wes Laurion.  What a small world!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

Phyllis,

This is so strange, it really is a small world!  My daughter has never had your nephew for a teacher, but does know who he is. She said he is well liked in the school.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 65
Nicole Veronneau replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

I have never participated in a Mystery Quilt before.  Is it really two colours.  (;like one red and one white or some varietyof the two colours.)  How will it come to me.and do I have to prove to some one that I have finished the last month's.  As you can see I am very green at this.  I hope you will reply to me to my email address.  I am not sure what tags and this post.

Nicole 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Nicole,

The text below I have cobbled together from several of Nana's posts.   This is pretty much all of the information that we have.  I hope you will join us.  We post pictures as we go along, not to prove we did a step but, just to show how our individual quilts are coming along.  It is so much fun to see what everyone is doing.  I learn so much from seeing the choices that others have made.  It is truly amazing how different each quilt will be when we are all following the same directions.

Nana said:

" About the first of March the group will be up and running.  Go to the groups section of the site and scroll thru all the groups until you find Mystery Quilt 8.  Click on the group and then join the group.   This will be where I will answer all questions.   On March 15 the Mystery Quilt 8 Workshop will be open.  You will be able to find this on the left hand side of your home page.   This is where all the instructions will be posted.  They will come in a pdf format so that you can download and print the steps if you want.   There is no fee for this mystery.   It is something the site offers for its members....even social members that don't pay a fee for joining the site.

You will have 2 weeks between the posting of fabric requirements and cutting instructions.   After that there will be new clues every Friday.   I am not 100% sure how many clues on this one but I am thinking about 6 or 7.

Also when the directions start you will be able to find them by going to Mystery Quilt 8 Workshop.  You will find this link on the left hand side of your home page once we get started.

The finished size is about 52 x 65.  But you can increase this by  changing the borders to suit you.

I don't usually think in terms of skill level.  I break down each part of the quilt and make the step as easy as possible.  There are no curves in this quilt.  It is all straight seams.  There is one part that is a little tedious and requires patience and slowing down your sewing speed a little.   But I truly think that a confident beginner can do this pattern with a little instruction.   And I am always here to help with anything you have questions about.

To get a scant 1/4"  you will need to sew a thread's width or so to the right of the quarter inch mark.  I always check my needle position and mark my 1/4"  then I move the needle a couple of clicks to the right.  "

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

Dara, You did a great job in cobbling Nana's instructions for Nicole.    Ginny

Page 15 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use