Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 14 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Debbie,

love the weighted pincushion.  Have been looking for a pattern but did not know what to call it.  when I searched on your name i found a pattern on sewmamasew.com.  she is great - must have just missed it in past visits to her site.

Deb V

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,075
Helen replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

Patti come on and join in.  Lots of us have a few things going at the same time.  These MQ's are fun and turn out so beautiful how canyou resist???

I found that I have 3 yards of each of the fabrics I chose and decided to go with them.  Go looking in your stash, I bet you have just the right fabrics to do this MQ :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,075
Helen replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:27 PM | Locked

Fabric requirements will be posted on the 15th.  I just figured the 3 yards each will be more than enough...just in case keeping my fingers crossed.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,960
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

3 yards for a border print? That sounds a bit much.
Roxana

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,075
Helen replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

It's what I already have.  I am not saying you need three yards as the fabric requirements have yet to be posted.  Since it is a 3 yard piece already I am asuming it will be more than enough.  Can't wait until the 15th to find out :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320
Bayla Singer replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Nana posted the size of the quilt -- I went back some pages to look, but couldn't  find it.  Something like 52 x 60, but don't quote me.  So you can figure your border print from that, approximately. 

It would depend on how wide the border was, and the repeat of the print, I should think, plus some extra for mitering corners if you're thinking of doing that ...

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

Hi, I am Deb V from Central NY.  For you that know NY, I am about an hour east of Syracuse - Go Orange!   I have a 22 yo son at SU and a 16 yo daughter.  I am so proud of both of them and their dedication to school/learning and in their behavior.  I could not have better kids!

I am still fairly new to QCA and trying to find all it has to offer.  I hope I am replying to the site correctly.

I have never done a MQ before but thought it would be fun. I have read all of the post to date and I think I will have the DD pick the most contrasting colors she can thing of; although I do have to say I like finding the border and picking from that. I will have to practice that dreaded scant 1/4".  I have checked out photos of previous MQ and a want to go back to make them all.  

I learned to quilt over 20 years ago in a class and immediately took a break from quilting – it was boring.  When I finally decided I wanted to quilt again, it took 13 years to complete a "quilt in a weekend", but I was able to give it to my dad for his 80th birthday.  Since then I have been a little better, getting quilts done within the year they were started.  I 'usually' finish one before moving on, but I do have 3-4 Xmas quilts that need to be quilted.  I have made most of my quilts to give away, but have actually sold a few.  I have donated quilts to Relay for Life for the past few years because of being friends with the family of a 16 yo that was diagnosed with cancer shortly after birth – she is in remission now!  I find I make a quilt to show that I care.

I still do simple quilting of stitch in the ditch or grids, but hope to learn free motion.   

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 2,985
Sheila replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

I am really loving some of these fabric choices for MQ8!  I have gone to my stash and narrowed it down to 4 or 5 combinations....I will probably end up making all 5 variations!!!  And, I will probably find some way to make all 5 quilts into queen-size!!!  (I thrive on my self-induced stress.)  At least I won't be worrying about yardage...most of my fabric is 5 yard-or-more chunks.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,515
Points 25,355
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

glad everyone is talking and sharing pictures about fabric choices.  went to Joann's today and found some nice purple (my favorite color) and have ordered some orange from online.  but will have to wait and see if it will work with my fall quilt.  got the last of the blocks together and just need to sew them as a row and sew last three rows together, then decide on my border.  undecide between orange, dark green or red.  will see when get it altogether. 

so, got purple as one color and undecided on the contrasting color.  I did like the idea about choosing the border and going with two colors from it.  need to start looking at fabric from that angle. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Helen and Brigit-Carol, I love your choices.  In the past when I wasn't sure what I wanted for a border, i waited till the centre was complete and then got the border afterwards. There are always options.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 145
Eileen Caspers replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

I am ready for MQ8 and looking forward to it. Glad to see it is using 2 very contrasting colors - should by dynamite.

Eileen

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 17,475
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:25 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol  Very nice color choices.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 17,475
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

Helen. Very very pretty.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 882
Rochelle replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

ooh, Helen I love your colors and that border print! All are beautiful!

Rochelle

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 17,475
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

I need to make a quilt for my almost SIL, I think his colors will need to be green and ? Maybe I'll look for a border fabric first too, and pull the second color from that. Or maybe to shades of green.

Page 14 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use