Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 12 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70
tinker replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

Am joining this also.  Since I am a 'lone' quilter, I am looking forward to having a little community.  :-)  I know mystery quilts are a fun thing.  have been spending the last few weeks catching up on my ufo's and wip's and should be pretty squared away by mid-march.   I hope.  lol...

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 75
Kathy replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 11:35 PM | Locked

Kathy:

How much of the two colors do we need to get.Going to try this quilt  Sounds great 

Kathy

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
majbritt51 replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:46 AM | Locked

Yes!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Kim replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:14 AM | Locked

Aww, they are soo lovely.  I am a newbie so I hope my quilt will eventually look as nice as yours do.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 75
Ann replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:31 AM | Locked

I am sorry if this was already asked... can you tell us the difficulty level of the project please? beginner, intermediate, skilled? its just that I have enough 1/2 done projects due to frustration! thanks, ann

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

Kristin (KAlbrecht):

These are the fabrics I chose for MQ 8

They're a dark, dark purple, and a Kona White.

Kristen

So you purchased your fabric.  Will someone please answer the oft asked question...how much of the 2 colors must we purchase.  Not fair for some to know and the rest of us not to know.  I have to drive 35 miles to the LQS and would like to know NOW as I won't be driving back anytime soon.  Please at least let us know this one  you can PM me if necessary. 

Many thanks (I hope) Joni

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Joni:
Will someone please answer the oft asked question...how much of the 2 colors must we purchase.  Not fair for some to know and the rest of us not to know.

Hi Joni,

I don't think that question has been answered yet specifically.  Nana did say the size of the quilt (throw sized 50+ x 60+) and that the steps would be easy to follow and that we should practice doing a scant 1/4 inch seam.  She also said that if she always purchased about 3 yds of material for the quilts she makes.  I guess that is why they are always so tent-like. LOL  Anyway.  I just figured on getting 3 yds and that should be enough with some left over.  Hope this helps.  The exact amount of fabric needed will be released on March 15th.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:21 AM | Locked

Joni:

Will someone please answer the oft asked question...how much of the 2 colors must we purchase.  Not fair for some to know and the rest of us not to know.  I have to drive 35 miles to the LQS and would like to know NOW as I won't be driving back anytime soon.  Please at least let us know this one  you can PM me if necessary. 

Many thanks (I hope) Joni

Hi Joni,

I've been wrong before BUT I am pretty sure no one knows how much to buy.    Nana dropped a hint that when she buys fabric that she likes she'll buy three yards (which to me would say, buy 3 yards of each color). The ladies at Branson are going to try to coerce it out of her with tequila I think!  She had posted a response to me once that we'll get fabric instructions on the 15th.  I think we have two weeks from then to actually get the first cutting instructions.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 24,155
Roxana replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

Joni, She also said that the two colors should be in "stark contrast" to each other and read as solids. These were only "hints" that she gave. Specific instructions come March 15.
Roxana in Arkansas 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 122
Points 2,165
Sherry replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

i've never done a mystery quilt, but i would like to try. how do i go about it?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
patticake59 replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Thank you so much I Loveeeeeeeee a mystery. It is my favorite. I have 2 colors in mind.

Patticake

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 530
Jennifer replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Well.....I couldn't contain myself. Big sale at the fabric store this weekend so I bought 4 yards of a white and 4 of a nice royal blue.I thought better to much than not enough. I decided to make the quilt for my oldest daughter, her fav color is royal blue. Now it feels like the 15th is a zillion years away LOL. I'm so excited about doing a mystery quilt as I never done one before. Looking forward to knowing what color combo's others are doing. Have a great day ladies!!

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Points 255
L Kohl replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

The pattern is called Spinning Cards and is a variation of Card Trick.  Card Trick is done with only 4 sections and is not as dramatic.  It is usually done in a smaller  size - 12 inch block.  Each card is comprised of 3 triangles of the same fabric.

Spinning Cards is increased to 8 sections and each of the 3 triangles is done in strips Log Cabin style.  Because of the Log Cabin stripping it is done in a much larger size.  Because of the large size if each card were done in one fabric it would not have nearly the dramatic impact.

I have had thoughts of doing one of these myself but have had to back burner it.  Too many UFOs and other want to dos on my agenda.  I am already booked to past 100 and cancer has shortened my time to something well less than that.  I keep plugging away at what I have and celebrate each project that I finish.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
johnniek replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

love the table topper..great pattern, where did you find that??

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 19,360
Melissa Halpain replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

tinker:

Am joining this also.  Since I am a 'lone' quilter, I am looking forward to having a little community.  :-)  I know mystery quilts are a fun thing.  have been spending the last few weeks catching up on my ufo's and wip's and should be pretty squared away by mid-march.   I hope.  lol...

Hi Tinker,

I'm a lone quilter also but I have (virtually) met some very nice and helpful people on this site. I love it. I think I'm addicted to this site as much as I am to quilting. This is my first mystery quilt. I've been reading all the mystery quilts for about a year and a half now and decided I could give it a try. I hope I can keep up. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures of their progress.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 50
Page 12 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use