Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 11 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:00 PM | Locked

I'm going with purple and green. I haven't done a quilt in those colors so I think it will be fun! Hope I am right! I'm looking forward to learning more.

Roxana

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
frau ani replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:17 PM | Locked

Hello

new here..What is MQ8

Thanks

Ani

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:27 PM | Locked

This is the 8th mystery quilt on this site.  It's a mystery because you only get one step at a time, spread out over a few weeks, and don't know what the end result is until the last step.  It is a lot of fun to do it with so many other people, and also fun to see what others do with the design.  Some add sashing to the blocks, others have fun putting their own touch on the borders.   If you go to groups, you can find the 7 other mystery quilts and see what folks have done with them.  Such variety!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,757
Points 38,940
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:14 PM | Locked

Thanks patti I didnt know we could still see these.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:55 AM | Locked

Everyone the group is now open for membership.   I will be out of town until March 10 so won't be here to answer questions daily.   Just join the group and have fun anticipating.    Mystery Quilt #8 - City Streets

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 670
Prairiemom replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

What is the skill level required for this quilt?  I have never tried a mystery quilt before and was thinking it might be fun.  I would class my quilting skills as a beginner/ confident beginner(in simple quilt patterns).  Also do we have to have everything done by a certain date, as that might be difficult for me.

Pam

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,915
Kristie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:22 PM | Locked

Should be fun!  :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 17,265
Brigit-Carol replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:38 PM | Locked

Prairiemom:

What is the skill level required for this quilt?  I have never tried a mystery quilt before and was thinking it might be fun.  I would class my quilting skills as a beginner/ confident beginner(in simple quilt patterns).  Also do we have to have everything done by a certain date, as that might be difficult for me.

Pam

You'll be fine as Nana gives the directions in easy to do bites with pictures.  Plus you can ask specific questions on the Group page.  You work at your own pace, but it's good to try to do at least a bit of each step, even if you don't finish it so you can ask questions and understand what folks are discussing.  The only thing Nana suggested was to practice accurate scant 1/4" seams as part of the quilt apparently needs precision. 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
Lilhawk replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Sorry for cutting in - I don't visit this site much and have gotten "lost" and didn't know where to turn to. I briefly saw step 2 for a mystery quilt called Secret Window on the QCA site today. Now I can't find it again! I have not done a MQ before and this pattern looked interesting. Where would I find the beginning?

Thank you,

Lilhawk

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655
Joy of Quilting replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

To all those impatient people that can't wait the 2 weeks, I have some UFO's that need finishing.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655
Joy of Quilting replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

Re the weighted pincushion, my guild are having one of our members do a workshop on a sewing machine mat complete with pincushion and waste basket that she designed, unfortunately its not until June, so you'll have to wait for pictures, but it's a really lovely item

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

Hi Lilhawk and welcome to QCA. Here's what I could find out about your question.  I went to my home page and in the right hand corner there is a box where you can search the site.  I put in 'Secret Window' and a listing for the steps popped up.  It seems it was a mystery quilt offered by Quiltmaker magazine.  Some of the QCA members formed a group and worked on it together.  I think you probably have to have the magazine to follow the steps.  Of course I didn't do any investigating so I could be very wrong.  Hope this helps and hope you will post lots of your quilts. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 75
Kathy replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

How much of the two colors do we need to get.Going to try this quilt  Sounds great 

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 75
Kathy replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

How much of the two colors do we need to get.Going to try this quilt  Sounds great 

Kathy2

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 220
Jeanette replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:23 PM | Locked

Can hardly wait to start.  Looking forward to having a fun time making this quilt.

Jeanette

Page 11 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use