Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 7 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:56 PM | Locked

Dara Beth,  I bought that pattern a couple of years ago and decided my head wasn't in the right place to make it yet.  I cruised the directions and they confused me at the time..    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
Lorywd replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

I love MQs. Looking forward to it!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 887
Rochelle replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:34 AM | Locked

Welcome, Martha! You will find lots of support here. These mystery quilts are lots of fun and they usually proceed in a few weeks and not more than 2 months. We take pictures of our finished products and post them at the end. It is great to see the variety!

Rochelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 887
Rochelle replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:44 AM | Locked

Hi, Martha! I live just north of you in Centennial, Colorado (off Buckley Road and Smokey Hill Road). Do you go to the High Prairie Quilt Shop at all?

Rochelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 887
Rochelle replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:02 AM | Locked

I think you will find Nana's instructions easy to read and clear. Also you can email with questions and pictures and you will get a response. The only aspect that is not revealed until the end is the whole pattern.

Rochelle

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 60
sheila ivany replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:32 AM | Locked

Hi Nana!!!

Looking forward to my first mystery quilt with Quilters Club of America. I have always loved doing mysteries; I have done some with my quilt guild. thanks for all your creativity. 

Sheila

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865
Martha Haines replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

I shop at High Prarie Quilts most of the time.  I am lucky to have a shop just down the road. 

Martha

Parker,
Co

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265
Kathy in MI. replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:27 AM | Locked

I just joined and have never done any sort of mystey quilt before -  should prove to be very interesting. I can't wait to get started!!   Is there anything I need to do or purchase prior to this starting?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

Kathy welcome!  All I read were contrasting solids but wait for the requirements to be posted as we don't know yardage yet.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
KATHRYNB-3 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

Dara,

I love the quilt with the houses on it, is that a cross stitch quilt? It is something I would love to do.

Kathryn

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:26 PM | Locked

well, now I can't remember which board I saw this item on but I made two of these, one for me and one for my co-worker who did the felted wool piece for me.  Easy to make and look so cute and are very handy.  called a weighed pincushion, can just google it to find.  the little wastebasket is for your threads and odds and ends material.  It attaches with the button and then can be emptied when full.  only about 10 inches long, so doesn't take alot of space.  I jsut used some scrap material I had on hand, takes about 1/2 yd. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

Debbie:

well, now I can't remember which board I saw this item on but I made two of these, .......

I just made two of these also. I did make the top smaller and square and used all wool.  The pattern is available at sew mama sew    

Scroll down until you see the link that says free PDF tutorial. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Johnna M Lee replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:58 PM | Locked

I am new to this site but really would like to try this mystery quilt. I have only been doing quilts since I retired (2 yrs). I love doing the tops but have not learned how to actually quilt them.I have quilted a wall hanging and it turned out real good. So, i'm going to put my foot pout and take a HUGH step am try this Mystery Quilt.

Johnna

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
kaleflore replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

I, too, am new to MQs. However, I am willing to try anything once. Who knows? Perhaps I will become a star MQer. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to start this adventure, or is replying to you sufficient?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:15 PM | Locked

Kaleflore, your comment was sufficient, so you are now officially part of MQ8.  Fabric requirements will be posted March 1.

Welcome to QCA, by the way!  This is a fun place to hang out!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 7 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use