Top 10 Posters

ARE YOU READY FOR MQ8?

Page 6 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 847
Rochelle replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:35 AM | Locked

I plan to join, too. Even though we will be on vacation for a couple weeks, I'll try to keep up. Thanks for the opportunity!

Rochelle

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Beth Strickland replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:02 AM | Locked

I have never participated in a MQ on this site before. I used to belong to an online quilt group on ICQ but could no longer find it. I think I will give this a try also. It sounds interesting and I miss doing it. Life kind of got in the way and I stopped quilting, eeekkk! But I am longing to get started again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:10 AM | Locked
Martha , welcome to the group! I love the colors and pattern.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

Another WHOOOOLE month before we can get started?  Nana is such a tease to have this thread up!  Sigh -- patience is not one of my virtues and at my age never will be!

Brigit-Carol

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Welcome to the new members, you are all in for a treat working with Nana's wonderful Mysteries!! 

Brigit-Carol you expressed my exact feelings!!!  So excited to get started.  Other Mystery quilts that I have done have been given to family and friends who absolutely love their quilts!!

Love viewing the beautiful projects posted!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 50
Lisa replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

Thank you for doing this MQ. I have found I have become a junkie of them. This year alone I have done 5. I feel its a great way to work through my stash of odds and ends. I cant wait to start.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 175
Bear Angel replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

I also have never been involved in a mystery quilt. So I would like to be involved with this one as my first try.

As I read other posts it became clear to me that we needed to have three yards of each fabric. Since I have a lot of black and white fat quarter fabric, would that be appropriate?

Looking forward to joining everyone on this great journey!

Pj

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,339
Points 414,684
gini replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:01 PM | Locked

lisa and bear angel, welcome to QCA

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Bear Angel:

I also have never been involved in a mystery quilt. So I would like to be involved with this one as my first try.

As I read other posts it became clear to me that we needed to have three yards of each fabric. Since I have a lot of black and white fat quarter fabric, would that be appropriate?

Looking forward to joining everyone on this great journey!

Pj

Nana said when she purchases fabric she doesn't purchase under 3 yards.  If you can hold off purchasing any until she gives the amounts it would probably be good.  The only guidance we've really been given is two colours with high contrast that read as solids.   Oh, and to practice precise consistent scant 1/4" seams.  Which continue to elude me. <sigh>

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

Sorry that I have been MIA today.  Ran some errands and then went to JoAnn's.  They have their batting 50% off so I had to go a stock up on some.   Also was able to get a table top Ott light at 50% off.  Gotta love those sales...LOL>

It looks like everyone's questions have been answered appropriately.  Just be a little patient folks and details will be coming before too much longer.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
rekmeh replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

All ready and can't wait. Know what colors I want but will wait and see what the yardage will be.  Getting my sewing room ready.  Oh what fun!!!

Sharon😍

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:57 PM | Locked

deblaquinta:

Where did you get the pattern for your house quilt is it embroidery or cross stitch or applique or just fabric, I want that pattern especially if embroidery or cross stitch, thanks please help with info.

Hi!  The patterns are cross-stitch and are from the Victorian Village Afghan Series.  The patterns were published, 2 at a time, in The Cross Stitcher.  They began in the December 1993 issue and finished up in the October 1994 issue.  Lois Winston designed the shops to use all  180 colors of DMC flower thread.  I converted the colors to regular DMC floss and we were happy with the results.  The only thing I would have done different is the pattern for the barber shop.  I didn't have enough difference in the browns for the brick work.  If you'd like more info or the floss conversion chart that I have, let me know & I can send you info via email.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Brenda replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:01 PM | Locked

I have never done a mystery quilt so I am looking forward to seeing this one and giving it a try.  I can't wait to get more details.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:08 PM | Locked

BobbieLou:

Sara,  Hi I am Bobbie of Phoenix!  I saw the picture for your Crazy8 StripTease tabletopper.  Pray, please tell me where to locate the pattern!!!!!  Thank you.

Of course you used my colors, but I really am attached to that photo.

Thank you, Bobbie

Hi Bobbie, welcome.  

The pattern is by Jae's Attic.  I got mine at my LQS but you can find it on-line.  Here is one listing that I found for it.

http://www.hcquilts.com/shop/Patterns/p/Crazy-Eight-Strip-Teaser-Pattern--A-Table-Topper-sku-804879300304.htm 

I read the directions several times before I began and it went together very easily.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

Martha Haines:

Hi, I'm Martha, from Parker, Colorado.  I'm new to  Quilters Club, but have been sewing for years.  My sewing machine is probably older than some of you. :)  It will be 45 this year, needless to say, I am older than that. 

I love mystery quilts.  You just don't know what you will have until it is finished.

Dara, love the quilt pictures, thought you might like to see my Crazy 8 Strip Tease quilt. It isn't quilted yet, but you might like to see a different color combination.  I was delighted with the way it turned out.

Martha

Great Job Martha!!

My daughter, the one I made the topper for, has my pattern.  She wants to make one herself in burnt oranges.  She has the fabric for it but has had to do a lot of traveling for work since she bought it, so she has not started yet.  I may have to make a copy so that I can make one for myself.  I've seen lots of color combinations. Yours is wonderful. So soothing.

Page 6 of 20 (297 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use