rated by 0 users
This post has 296 Replies | 82 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

Sandy

I don't usually think in terms of skill level.  I break down each part of the quilt and make the step as easy as possible.  There are no curves in this quilt.  It is all straight seams.  There is one part that is a little tedious and requires patience and slowing down your sewing speed a little.   But I truly think that a confident beginner can do this pattern with a little instruction.   And I am always here to help with anything you have questions about.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

Sandy:
 And I notice about the scant 1/4 seams, so that is just a little less than 1/4 inch

Sandy

To get a scant 1/4"  you will need to sew a thread's width or so to the right of the quarter inch mark.  I always check my needle position and mark my 1/4"  then I move the needle a couple of clicks to the right.   Does this make sense to you?  

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:09 PM | Locked

I can't wait, I have not started any large projects so I can save my fabric for this one. I have a bunch of greens and reds my Mom gave me so maybe I can use some of them. bj

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
changai replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:16 PM | Locked

Nana, I'm definitely in! I live on France and my english is not thé best zone.

Have a good day

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 190
Patty replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:27 PM | Locked

I am totally new to all of this.  How do we sign up or get signed in?   And is there a fee?

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 285
deblaquinta replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

Where did you get the pattern for your house quilt is it embroidery or cross stitch or applique or just fabric, I want that pattern especially if embroidery or cross stitch, thanks please help with info.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 60
Nancy L replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:38 PM | Locked

Loved your last mystery.  Looking forward to the next one.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
Imlorijean replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:42 PM | Locked

Brand new to quilting AND sewing.  Just got my first sewing machine 6 months ago at age 49, but quilting has become a passion. Wondering if this will be a bit over my skill level, but my philosophy from the start has been I'm afraid of nothing and trying everything!   I'm not sure how this mystery stuff works, but I'm game!,,

Lori

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35
rachelle pare replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

count me in it sounds fun.  i need a change by then.  lol  thanks 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 100
Sheila Squires replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:49 PM | Locked

This one interests me, I will be looking for the start of this.  How long is this one going to be in terms of clues, are they posted monthly, weekly. 

This is my first time of participating in one on this site.  So any info is greatly appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Patty:

I am totally new to all of this.  How do we sign up or get signed in?   And is there a fee?

Patty

About the first of March the group will be up and running.  Go to the groups section of the site and scroll thru all the groups until you find Mystery Quilt 8.  Click on the group and then join the group.   This will be where I will answer all questions.   On March 15 the Mystery Quilt 8 Workshop will be open.  You will be able to find this on the left hand side of your home page.   This is where all the instructions will be posted.  They will come in a pdf format so that you can download and print the steps if you want.   There is no fee for this mystery.   It is something the site offers for its members....even social members that don't pay a fee for joining the site.   I hope you will have fun with out mystery.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:53 PM | Locked

Sheila

You will have 2 weeks between the posting of fabric requirements and cutting instructions.   After that there will be new clues every Friday.   I am not 100% sure how many clues on this one but I am thinking about 6 or 7.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

changai

Welcome from France.   Your english looks pretty good to me.  If you have an questions just ask and I will do my best to explain so that you can understand.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35
rachelle pare replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

wow lori sounds just like me except i am a few years older than you i got my first one at 52 and have been doing this for about a year now.  i am sooooo hooked.  i swear if ups comes to the house with one more pkg of fabric my husband is moving out.  lol  nice chatting 

rachelle

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

For those of you wanting to practice your scant 1/4" seams.....

Cut some 1 1/2" x 6" strips.   Sew 3 strips together to make a strip set.   Once pressed these strip sets should measure 3 1/2".   If they don't then you need to adjust the size of your seams until you can get the 3 1/2" width.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 3 of 20 (297 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use