Dara, 

Love, love, love your table topper....

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Mama Vines replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 2:55 PM | Locked

I would love to participate.  How do I begin?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:20 PM | Locked

Mamavines,

I believe we will be getting instruction at the beginning of March

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

mamavines

On March 1st the group will open for people to start joining.   I will post a link when it is time.   Also when the directions start you will be able to find them by going to Mystery Quilt 8 Workshop.  You will find this link on the left hand side of your home page once we get started.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,490
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

Dara Beth your quilts are great. I really like your houses and your table topper.  Is the one with numbers and bears crosstitched?  It looks great.  The lilac bear quilt is nice too.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,490
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

Count me in! I'm ready!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Thanks so much Ladies for you kind words about my projects.  You're the best!

The table topper is from a pattern called Crazy Eight Strip Tease and works up to about 42 inches across at the widest point.  My DD chose the fabrics.  I made lots of notes on the pattern as I went.  It turned out that I didn't use as much fabric as they said to prepare. Anyway...  It is not hard to do.  You make strip sets and cut the big and small triangles from them.  I just took my time so as not to stretch anything out of shape and it went together like a dream.  You only need about 1/4 of a yard of each of 8 fabrics, plus some extra for the backing and binding. But you cannot use fat Quarters.  You need to use the full width of the fabric for the strips.  I bought 1/2 yard of each and had a lot left over.  I also had a strip set that I didn't need to use.  I was able to get some of the small triangles from the ends of the strip sets that I cut the larger triangles from.  That and some pressing notes were what I wrote on the pattern for next time, 'cause I'm sure I will make another for myself.

The other 3 quilts had cross stitched squares in them.  Two were baby quilts and the one with the stores was a retirement quilt for one of our cross stitchers.  The one with the bears also had a pieced square because I needed something to fill in some space to make it the size we wanted.

Michelle & mamavines welcome.  We would love to have to work on MQ8 with us.  It will be my second.  MQ6 was my first.  It was a blast!  I know you will enjoy MQ8.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,405
Sara replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

I am going to give this a try. I already know the colors I am using so I will start scoping out fabrics. I have decided this quilt will be for my son since I am just finishing up a quilt for his sister. I will be practicing my scant 1/4 seams a bunch between now and when this starts. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 11:14 PM | Locked

Sara

That will be the most important factor with this quilt.  You need to have a good scant 1/4" seams.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
DHeater replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

count me in. I might use this to help teach some classes.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 45
Barb replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

I'm new to this site, but not new to quilting, and really enjoy mystery quilts, so I'm in.  Can you tell us the finished size of this quilt - queen, lap, etc?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

Hi,

I am a new quilter so would you say this is easy, medium or difficult?  And I notice about the scant 1/4 seams, so that is just a little less than 1/4 inch?  

I would like to play along but want to be sure I have the needed skills :)

and what will be the finished size?

thanks

Sandy

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 355
KathyF replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:39 AM | Locked

I think I will do this.  I have done 3 Mystery Quilt weekends in the past.  They were lots of fun. We had a terrific leader. We went to a hotel for the weekend, she made all our meals, supplied us with a goodie bag and lots of fun.  We could sew as many hours as we wanted. The room was open to us around the clock. When we got tired, we went to our rooms. I have also lead 2 Mystery Quilt patterns for our church group. They thought it was fun also. So I think I am ready!

Kathy F

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 165
Mary replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Going to try this one.  The cutting instruction for MQ7 to me were confusing.  Mine didn't turn out like everyone elses.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Barb

The finished size is about 52 x 65.  But you can increase this by  changing the borders to suit you.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 20 (297 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use