Top 10 Posters

I need a new sewing machine that's good for machine quilting. Any suggestions?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 160
GinnyQ posted on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:41 AM

I have two Kenmores, which are good machines, but I'm thinking a stitch regulator would be nice and more harp space; maybe a bigger table. 

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
109 Posts
Points 1,005

I just found your question about your quest for a quilting machine. I have a Janome 1600P QC, They came out with this model the summer I was shopping for one. I ordered it thru a local dealer, Grace Mini-Pini Frame and all. It came with a stitch regulator that is made for that model. I love it, I quilted without one for years, the stitch regulator really does make a difference, especially doing free-motion quilting. I have a friend that has the new Bernina with the built-in stitch regulator, her quilting looks fantastic. Good luck. bj

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 160
GinnyQ replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:34 PM

Thank you, BJ.  I just got a small inheritance (emphasize small) from my aunt and am currently drooling over the HQ Sweet Sixteen.  I think I can afford it.  It looks really good.  I don't want to have to pay others to quilt my larger quilts.  And I love the stitch regulating aspect too.  Also, I can sit and have a large area of clear viewing while quilting.  But I really appreciate your response.  thank you.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

GinnyQ:
Wow!  It looks and sounds awesome!  Do you have one?

I have an older model HQ16 without stitch regulator on a long frame which takes up a lot of room.  You mentioned a bigger table, and I thought of their sit-down version which does have the stitch regulator.  I have a friend who has this and loves it.  You haven't mentioned your budget.  This or the Bernina 800's are up there in cost.  Not sure of the cost of the larger Janomes, but I don't think it's as much.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use