Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 158 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:08 PM | Locked

Ginny I am a dingbat. Wouldn't mind but it's no 1 son birthday today so I should know we are only in May!!!!!

Well cauliflower "rice" was different. ( Cauliflower grated and steamed) curry was a bit dry with more sauce would have been better. Not many Weight Watchers points though!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:35 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Wow  Lesley,  I guess your time is way ahead of ours over here, we are only in the middle of May here---and you are in the middle of June already?  

Ha!  by the weather we were July last week and now it's April again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Sat, May 18 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

Today is a busy one.  Been getting laundry caught up and packing.  Going to Nana's for a few days for a mini retreat....lol   It will be great to see her again and spend some time sewing and laughing.  Since I'll be kinda staying close to home once DH starts his chemo on May 30.    I also got a small package today from  www.novamontgomery.com      They deal in Featherweights and stuff for them.  I got a new belt, extra bobbins, feet for the bottom of the machine (the originals were totally dry-rotted.   They also have a great attachment that if your bed has the 2 screw holes, it's a plexi-glass seam guide.  It works great....  Now to see about some supper.

Diana in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 18 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

I hadn't a clue what that was....was going to ask, but got involved with giving my horses their treats.  Glad you told us.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 18 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Sukochi:

What is this tree? This is the first time it has bloomed. There are two right by each other in our neighbor's yard. They have no idea what they are.

Looks like wisteria to me....that stuffs in full bloom until the heat comes back.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sat, May 18 2013 7:28 PM | Locked

I walked the Ogden half Marathon today in the pouring rain.  Pic on my blog page.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Diana:
They also have a great attachment that if your bed has the 2 screw holes, it's a plexi-glass seam guide.  It works great.

Diana, can you post a picture of your new seam guide?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

As a fund-raiser at church in November, six of us raffled dinner parties with ethnic themes.  DH and I chose to host an Italian meal.  The six meals brought in close to $800.   I don't know how many tickets the couple who won our meal purchased, but they are sure to get a good deal.  They invited two other couples as per instructions, so a total of six, eight counting us.  One of the gals does not eat any four-legged animals, so that limited what we could make. 

The dinner is tomorrow night, so we spent today cleaning house, and tomorrow we'll be cooking all day.  (Calley is not happy!)  We're starting with an antipasto platter - olives, tomato slices, fresh mozzarella cheese, grilled zucchini, grilled red pepper, and thinly sliced prosciutto and salami.  The second course will be home-made ravioli with a chicken-spinach filling and home-made tomato sauce.  The main course will be chicken saltimbocca, quinoa & brown rice, broccoli rabe, and a lettuce salad with apples, candied-walnuts, and Italian vinaigrette.  Dessert will be a baked custard with fresh strawberries and a chocolate drizzle.  We will pair appropriate wines with each course.  Cross your fingers that all goes well!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Diana:
I also got a small package today from  www.novamontgomery.com      They deal in Featherweights and stuff for them.  I got a new belt, extra bobbins, feet for the bottom of the machine (the originals were totally dry-rotted.   They also have a great attachment that if your bed has the 2 screw holes, it's a plexi-glass seam guide.  It works great.... 

Diana:
They also have a great attachment that if your bed has the 2 screw holes, it's a plexi-glass seam guide.  It works great.... 

Oh, I am so glad to hear this!  I ordered one too, but it hasn't arrived yet.  Did it come with screws?  

Give Nana a hug for me...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Well, I am doubly sorry...  I didn't order the one from Nova's site, but from SunCatcher...another FW site in Texas (they must really like FW's in Texas).  The one I ordered is a little smaller than Nova's, a little less $$$$, but I don't think it comes with screws.  DH doesn't think this will be a problem, but we will see when it arrives.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:05 PM | Locked

Diana:
Going to Nana's for a few days for a mini retreat....lol   It will be great to see her again and spend some time sewing and laughing.

For fun!  We'd love pictures so we can feel like we're there!  Hugs to both of you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

Prayers please - we are in a horrendous storm and one tree is already down on the house - we are hoping against hope that it didn't do too much damage - but we don't know - power has been on and off about 10 times so far and the wind is just circling the house and sounding horrible... I have all my candles going as I don't know how long the power will be on... so prayers please - my power may go off but I'll try to let you know when the storm is past - I am on a modem so only have internet when it is on...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:25 PM | Locked

Prayers for your safety, Thea!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

I heard about this storm coming in and put away all my toys in yard.  Just heard tornado touched down in kansas.  I hope everyone stays safe.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,895
Points 69,200
Bonita replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Prayers for you and everyone in the storms path.

Page 158 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use