Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 157 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, May 17 2013 12:04 PM | Locked

I have been out of contact for the past week or so.  I had to take my computer to the computer hospital.  It caught a very bad virus when I mistakenly opened some spam.   When I got the 'puter back, I couldn't get on qca no matter how I tried.  Well, I found out that they had updated my 'puter and put me into Windows 10.  Didn't find that out until I went online to the 'puter doc  after I couldn't get into my bank account either,  while I was watching them fix it remotely,   I saw Windows 10 pop up and knew what that problem was and now I have Google expressly to get into QCA.  What a frustrating time.   Wasn't yesterday a frustrating day though.  Hope that mess never happens again.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, May 17 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

Are you talking about Explorer 10? I do not use Explorer, I have used Firefox for years and do not seem to have all the problems that Explorer has. Luckily, I missed all the fun yesterday, I logged on after it was all over... :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, May 17 2013 2:17 PM | Locked

Oh- yes Spudgrandma, that is what I meant.  I used to have firefox a long time ago, but ran into problems with it.  My new computer came with IE 8 on it and I liked it, but when they fixed the mess my computer had gotten itself into, they updated all of my things to the newest and latest, meaning IE 10, which QCA doesn't recognize.    So everytime I want to answer anything on QCA I have to back out and go to Google.  That's a pain.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 17 2013 2:20 PM | Locked

I just bought this from a garage sale for 50$  do you think I got a good deal people said they had bought it in arkansaw i can't make out the stamp to research it but the diameter is 29 1/2.  I'm gonna start planting now and then finish my quilt because i didn't get to it last night.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 17 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

I'm also bummed out on my camera I just lost all my pictures on my sd card but I still have a copy on my laptop I wonder can i copy them back to sd card?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, May 17 2013 2:55 PM | Locked

ls2116:

I'm also bummed out on my camera I just lost all my pictures on my sd card but I still have a copy on my laptop I wonder can i copy them back to sd card?

You should be able to copy them back as the computer reads it as an external drive, not sure why you want to, I'm always downloading mine to the computer to make room on the card for more pics :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 17 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

Nana:

Sukochi

After doing a little research it looks like it may be a foxglove tree also known as an empress tree.  It has the smooth bark and the flowers like like the ones on your tree.   From what I could tell of the flower shapes.

Nana you win the prize!!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Good to know we found the right tree.   It sure is pretty.   Do the blossoms have a smell.   I love flowering trees that smell good too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 18 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

We are inmidst of thunder and lightening...going off line for now...catch up with y'all later.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Joni:

We are inmidst of thunder and lightening...going off line for now...catch up with y'all later.

Joni, hope it stays south of us. You pay attention to the weather on TV and radio. Prayers.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

Nana:

Sukochi

Good to know we found the right tree.   It sure is pretty.   Do the blossoms have a smell.   I love flowering trees that smell good too.

Doesn't have a fragrance, Nana. Wish it would. These neighbors are living full time in another state. They don't make it up to their "playhouse" much. I emailed to told Lynne they are missing it. This is the first time we have ever seen blooms on this tree in 7 years!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 18 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

Storms over for now, loved every drop that fell and it fell all night and until about 11 am today.  Suposed to have more tonight and tomorrow.  I went out and dead headed the roses, and they had already set many buds.

Thanks for worrying Sukochi...I just didn't want to have the computer or TV hit, so Dutch, Buster and I went to bed, I napped and read, they snored and dreamed of chasing squirrels. 

I want to plant the things I got at the high school, but think I'll wait and see what happens with the rain.  I need to repot my African Violets and also get the new ones started from leaves in pots...larger pots that is. 

This weather has made me positively lazy, just want to crawl back into bed and maybe read a little more.  I was up at 4 am, couldn't go back to sleep so waited for Quilting Arts and Nancy Zieman to come on PBS.  I love their shows, just that they come on at the awful wee hours of the morning.  Yes, I do sometimes watch on the computer, but not the same as on a flat screen.  Yes I know I could hook up the TV and computer, but that takes too much effort LOL.

Friday I was at a friends using her WIFI and watched a great show of Nancy's using different presser feet.  She did one section I particularly liked using a cording foot.  I have to recover my big rattan chairs and want to do cording on the big pillows.  Now to find the correct foot for one of my machines.  I was hoping to find one to use on my Janome Serger, Nancy was using a fancy Baby Lock Serger, dream on Joni .  I am lucky to have what I have, will start looking this coming week.  I would love to have the foot she used.

'nough said, I've definitely managed to ramble on, thanks for listening, have a BLESSED Day y'all.

Guess I'll hit the shower and maybe that will get me going, I want to work on my UFO's for a while, and try to get the slippers finished (crocheted).  I miss my slippers, used to knit them with double yarn, but can't knit anymore.  I'm so excited that I found a pattern to crochet and that most of all can crochet.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

I posted my mystery quilt8 at last still might add more stitching but i might not too because I have nephews quilt that needs to be finished. I'm heading outside to do more gardening.  I guess nobody recognises the quilt hoop stand from my earlier post I'm still trying to figure out the make on it the screw which tightens the outer hoop is the biggest i've seen.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:02 PM | Locked

Ginny

Glad you are all sorted. The way of the world that we now rely on computers so so much and it's like having an arm cut off when they don't work.

I seem to have been chasing my tail all week so have had a chilled day. Supermarket shop this morning. Lunch then put the bathroom cabinet together that I picked up this morning. that took us about 2 hours quick job then!

Tomorrow the weather is meant to be warmer I really hope so as we had to put the heating on earlier it's the middle of June for crying out loud it should be warmer than 10 degrees c.

Off to cook tea chickpea and butternut squash curry with cauliflower rice.

Hope you are all ok

x xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:18 PM | Locked

Wow  Lesley,  I guess your time is way ahead of ours over here, we are only in the middle of May here---and you are in the middle of June already?   Hope you got your cabinet hung by now.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Page 157 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use