Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 155 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 15 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

Spent about 3 hours this morning pulling weeds, then watering the garden.  I'm having a bowl of soup for lunch and then plan on doing some grocery shopping to pick up some more fruit, maybe stop by the LQS to see if they have some more fusible fleece (have a couple more bag patterns and Kindle covers/bags I'd like to try).  I might actually get some sewing done today as it is my DD2's day off and she will take the boys to TaeKwonDo.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 15 2013 4:42 PM | Locked

I'm not at the pulling weeds stage yet, Karla.  I'm still cleaning up leaves from the yard and flower beds.  Worked at it all day today, and I have another two days to go, I think.  Red oak trees with their spring leaf drop can be a real pain.  It turned into summer overnight - high 80's/low 90's these days.  I love spring but we could only enjoy it for two weeks this year.  Anyway, resting my sore muscles right now.  No sewing in site as there is still lots of planting to do.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, May 15 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

I finished reading a book my sister gave me, and then for the past 4 hours pulled weeds.   Quilting tonight. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 15 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I'm still cleaning up leaves from the yard and flower beds.

Sonny cleaned out the leaves from the cottonwood trees in the field behind us.  They seem to gather in the flower beds and along the fence line.  They were good mulch through the winter, but it's time for them to go.  We went right into summer, too, upper 80's and low 90's last week.  A storm is moving in today, though, and they say we may even get some rain tomorrow.  Promises, promises...don't seem to come true to often here in Fernley.  Temps to be in low 70's to low 80's with wind, wind, wind.  That darn wind has just about cleaned my plum trees of their plums...and I was looking forward to a good crop this year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 15 2013 7:38 PM | Locked

Did the grocery shopping and made the trip to the LQS.  Thankfully, they received a shipment and had some more fusible fleece for me.  Almost made it out the door with just the fusible fleece, but alas, there was some fabric calling to me that I thought would be perfect for the lining of a couple more of the bags I plan on making.  I think they love to see me coming...when the owner is in she always gives me at least a 10% discount.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 15 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

Karla:
I think they love to see me coming...when the owner is in she always gives me at least a 10% discount.

I'd say that's a definite sign that they love to see you coming!  I can't say that I get that treatment in any fabric store - oh, except Joann's when I have my QCA discount card.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Thu, May 16 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Karla:
I think they love to see me coming...when the owner is in she always gives me at least a 10% discount.

I'd say that's a definite sign that they love to see you coming!  I can't say that I get that treatment in any fabric store - oh, except Joann's when I have my QCA discount card.  LOL

I have to say that the people here in Jefferson City are real nice at our JoAnn's. All though I do spend alot of time there. They all know me by name...kind of like that program Cheers...that might be sad. But they do give me special treatment which is nice. I have my QCA card, but I have a smart phone so if you download the free JoAnn app you get all the free on-line coupons there as well to help yo shop and you can sign up on their website to have you coupons go to your email which you can set up on your phone so you have them with you as well. One day I saved over $108.00 just using my coupons and anything that is still full price and you don't have a coupon for you get to use your %10 QCA card for.  Thankgoodness for my phone.  I have banned myself from the store for a for a while. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,514
Points 25,320
Debbie replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Julienne- so do they let you use multiple coupons on the same purchase?  mine won't, one coupon per transaction.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Debbie:

Julienne- so do they let you use multiple coupons on the same purchase?  mine won't, one coupon per transaction.

You get to use as many coupons as you have on the same purchase as long as it is not on sale items. If I have 3 50% off coupons for 3 fabric cuts I get to use all three as long as they are not on sale. Or if it is a 50% and a 40%  etc. Plus I get to use my own personal coupons sent to me through email if I have more things like more cuts or batting or whatever if the item is not on sale. Then if you have more items that do not have a coupon applied to them. You can use your QCA card for those items only.  You also can sign up to have three special coupons sent to your phone each month that you can use as well that come through as a text message. You also can get the flyer still sent to your house (make sure they still scan it so it keeps coming) And you can also apply some of those coupons to your order as well at the same time. I once used 5 coupons and my card and the cash register applied them all. That was the day I walked out saving over $108.00. I was pretty proud of my savings that day.    I was told it is company policy to allow us to use them. So if your store is not letting you. I would file a complaint.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 215
Barbara I. Smith replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

I am resting up and saving my energy for tomorrow when we will open our guild's quilt show. I'll be working a little both days , soaking up the beauty. and buying out the vendors! We have a show every other year and we're really excited about it. Over 300 quilts. (10 are mine). Last time I won a 3rd place and an Hon. Mention ribbon. Hope I do that well this time. :-))

Barbara in Mobile

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

What is this tree? This is the first time it has bloomed. There are two right by each other in our neighbor's yard. They have no idea what they are.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

What is this tree? This is the first time it has bloomed. There are two right by each other in our neighbor's yard. They have no idea what they are.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 426
Points 8,540
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, May 16 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

Julienne:

Debbie:

You get to use as many coupons as you have on the same purchase as long as it is not on sale items. If I have 3 50% off coupons for 3 fabric cuts I get to use all three as long as they are not on sale. Or if it is a 50% and a 40%  etc. Plus I get to use my own personal coupons sent to me through email if I have more things like more cuts or batting or whatever if the item is not on sale. Then if you have more items that do not have a coupon applied to them. You can use your QCA card for those items only.  You also can sign up to have three special coupons sent to your phone each month that you can use as well that come through as a text message. You also can get the flyer still sent to your house (make sure they still scan it so it keeps coming) And you can also apply some of those coupons to your order as well at the same time. I once used 5 coupons and my card and the cash register applied them all. That was the day I walked out saving over $108.00. I was pretty proud of my savings that day.    I was told it is company policy to allow us to use them. So if your store is not letting you. I would file a complaint.

my store only lets us use one per transaction...wow you have a great store......

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Thu, May 16 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Karla, congrats to your son-in-law for getting his citizenship!  That's an awful lot of money though, something doesn't seem right about that.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Thu, May 16 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Karla:

Frances, Nevada (where I live) is still part of the Wild West.  My son-in-law and his parents are from Nailsea (near Bristol), and when the parents come to visit we sometimes take them out in the desert to target practice.  They've actually gotten quite good.  They've bought a house here in Fernley, too, and they visit at least twice a year for a month or two at a time.

And yippee, my son-in-law passed his citizenship test today and within the next couple of months will be sworn in as an American citizen.  We are thrilled as it has been a long and expensive venture, another reason I'm against "amnesty" for those here illegally...he has spent close to $10,000 (maybe more) to get through this process.

Huge congrats to your son in law I had heard it was difficult to get into the US, im really pleased for you all it must be a great weight off everyone.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 155 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 153 154 155 156 157 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use