Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 152 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, May 13 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

Spud

It is good to see you posting.   Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, May 13 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana. I had a great day, it sounds like you did also. - We are just trying to keep cool around here, it is unseasonably warm but supposed to cool off tomorrow or the next day. - How is your hubby doing? I hope he is on the mend.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, May 13 2013 6:22 PM | Locked

I am very late to add to the count.

Sons-3

glad to see it was a good day for everyone yesterday.

MNNancy, we got the snow too on Saturday, but not as bad as you guys. DH and I went quickly to Bemidji. As we were going south we could see the s.... On the ground   It was cold and windy

CC I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your un-dad seemed like a great person to know.  You were lucky to have that previledge..thoughts and prayers going to you and your family.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 7:35 PM | Locked

Well, last nite I was too tired to re-total so will do so now.  Since 5 others responded it was for the better.  Last count, out of 16 of us, we have 32 sons; 26 daughters; 31grandsons; 20 granddaughters; 6 great granddaughters and 3 great grandsons. Boys rule the day!  

Thanks to everyone who participate, this was fun. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

Sitting here watching The Voice. Back is bothering me, between my shoulder blades and have a spot on my foot that even my slippers bother.  Don't think I'll be doing any sewing tonite.  I finished MQ 8 top, and then another and think I've just tired myself out.  DH is having surgery Thur morning, have to be there at 5:30 am.  He has been having problems with his knee, so dr is going to clean out around menicus. Taking off Fri but have to work 5-9 Thur nite.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, May 13 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Spud

Lewis is doing great.  He is back to work and is gaining more strength each day.   I wish I could say I am trying to cool off....LOL.   Our temps are in the 50s to 60s and we have frost warnings for tonight.   These are exceptionally low temps for VA in May.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

It appears our little city (about 10,000 people) is getting to be rather dangerous.  Sheriff's department is investigating what is apparently 4 homicides in two homes right around the corner from each other in our little town.  Apparently this happened this morning sometime and there are no details available other than each house held one dead man and one dead woman.  They have a person of interest being held according to one TV station, and the other TV station cites that suspect(s) are still at large.  The homes are about a block for the middle school that oldest DGS attends (and where we spent Saturday at the craft fair and TaeKwonDo demonstrations) which is about 3 miles or so from home.

Didn't get anything done today, started the laundry early this afternoon, but sat down to watch the noon news and fell asleep.  Woke up in time to pick the boys up from school bus, do their homework, feed them dinner (leftovers from yesterday's BBQ) and take them to TaeKwonDo.

Still have to finish the laundry, but guess that will wait til tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Nana:

Spud

Lewis is doing great.  He is back to work and is gaining more strength each day.   I wish I could say I am trying to cool off....LOL.   Our temps are in the 50s to 60s and we have frost warnings for tonight.   These are exceptionally low temps for VA in May.

That is wonderful news Nana, I had been thinking about you two and hoping that he was doing well.

We are having an awful wind storm but it is cooling off and is supposed to be cooler tomorrow - I'm so glad as I'm going on a field trip with the youngest grandson. We are going to the aquarium but having lunch in a park, so I'm happy that it will not be 95+

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:30 PM | Locked

Thanks for the poll Debbie, it is very interesting.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:50 PM | Locked

CC May belated hugs find you so sorry to hear of your loss.

Now I don't know why everyones been tallying for a chart probably missed something going on around here since i'm not able to get on computer as much these days but you can add 1 son and 1 daughter for me.  I have to go out with inlaws tomorrow some after service things to do.  Then with lord willing I'll be able to wrap my fingers around my mq8 and finish it.  Then there is my nephews quilt thats still waiting to be quilted.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 8:03 AM | Locked

Debbie, thanks for doing the survey, it sure was fun!  

Sorry to hear your back is bothering you, too much quilting, take it easy and rest a bit.  Prayers going up for your DH's surgery Thursday morning.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

Karla, you and your family stay safe, there are some crazies out there!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Last evening I went to a Tea with my red hat group.  There was a lady, Pat, dressed up in 1895 garb and talked about what it was like living back then for a woman, very interesting.   Cleaned your husband's house, raised your husband's children, wore corsets winter and summer, mourned the loss of a husband for two years, bathed once a week, were some of the highlights.  Glad I wasn't from that era, missed it by only a few years though!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,893
Points 69,190
Bonita replied on Tue, May 14 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

Marie:
 Glad I wasn't from that era, missed it by only a few years though!  :  )

Thanks for the laugh this morning, Marie. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Tue, May 14 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

CC so very sorry for your loss.  Prayers going up

Page 152 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 150 151 152 153 154 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use