Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 149 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 147 148 149 150 151 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:10 AM | Locked

Frances:
I would play but ive no one to play with no husband, son, daughter, or grand children however on the plus side i can spend as much money as i like on fabric and i think my fabric is my kids anyway although they dont answer back, or play music loud, see even with no kids theres still a silver lining.

Frances - I think at times some of us might envy you but other times I'm so grateful to have my kids. Who knows but God what the future holds, maybe a family on the horizon.  I understand what you mean, though.  Pets can be that too, but fabric doesn't leave little messes or need to be fed. Fabric can wake you up in the middle of the night, it has happened to me!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:12 AM | Locked

you know I put in one too many G - should be GGS and GGD, don't think you are old enough for GGGS & GGGD yet. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:12 AM | Locked

you know I put in one too many G - should be GGS and GGD, don't think you are old enough for GGGS & GGGD yet. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

WOW!  we are a reproducing bunch of ladies -   out of 11 of us we have combined

Sons             20

Daughters    21

Grandsons   19

DGD            12

GGS              4

GGD             5

Great job, ladies!  anyone else wants to add I'll retotal tonight at 9:00. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:28 AM | Locked

Thank you Debbie.  It has been a suprise ride for me , never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have this many.  And do you know, neither of my sons have contributed to this blessing of grands or great grands. Guess I should be grateful for small favors.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, May 12 2013 9:09 AM | Locked

I haven't welcomed you yet Ferdy so WELCOME!  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 135
Ferdy replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

I went to her page and clicked add as a friend and sent her a message.  Maybe she will get it, maybe not.  

But thanks  Jacy.  Now back to enjoying Mothers Day.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

Happy Mother's Day, Everybody.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:25 PM | Locked

Frances:

Ginny,

Nice try honey but i think they might be stopped at customs and sent back to you since i would deny all knowledge of knowing anything about them (i cant bear anyone to take over my fabric space)

lots of love

Francesxx

You have a customs that prevents people from crossing your national borders into your country without permission and following the laws?  Wow!  What a concept!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:35 PM | Locked

My Mom will be 93 years next month.  I am actually with her today for Mother's Day for the first time in decades.  I recently retired so I was free to do it.  I just decided to go for  it ... got in my car last week and drove about 1,250 miles.  (Montana is a very big state to drive across!  I now have a much greater appreciation for audio books.)

She was so surprised!  I arrived very late Friday night -- in the hour before midnight and woke her up.  We whispered in the dark as we had so often done.  Then I went to my hotel room and came back the next day.  It occurred to me that she never gets outside anymore.  I had the staff put her in a wheelchair and I took her outside where we crushed the spring grass in our hands and just breathed it in.  We also did the same for some new growth on a juniper and then anything else we could find to crush and deeply inhale.  We listened to the birds.  She can't hear them being indoors all the time.  The sun and spring breeze on our faces was marvelous.  We appreciated looking out over the great horizon and big skies.  Then, I took her in for her supper.  Usually,  Mother's Day was flowers and phone calls.  There is no substitute for putting my arms around her.  I am on my way to see her again this afternoon.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all.  This is one I shall remember for a very long time.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:41 PM | Locked

Quiltless, that sounds like a most wonderful way to spend Mother's Day!  Enjoy your time together.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

Ferdy:
clicked add as a friend and sent her a message

Ferdy, look at how quickly you are catching on!  I hope Thea can help you out with that pattern.  Welcome to QCA and Happy Mother's Day!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

Quiltless:

Frances:

Ginny,

Nice try honey but i think they might be stopped at customs and sent back to you since i would deny all knowledge of knowing anything about them (i cant bear anyone to take over my fabric space)

lots of love

Francesxx

You have a customs that prevents people from crossing your national borders into your country without permission and following the laws?  Wow!  What a concept!

Yep supposedly so, although our government seems to think its okay just to open the door as wide as you can.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:53 PM | Locked

Quiltless Enjoy your time visiting her I sure wish my mom was still here I would love such a visit.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances replied on Sun, May 12 2013 1:02 PM | Locked

Okay a bit of spring for you from England.

These are some of our fruit trees we have about 15, Apple trees mostly, we have Heritage varietys apart from 2 or 3 varietys like Lord Lambourne, King of the Pippins, Blenheim Orange (which is an apple), Balsam, Ashmeads Kernel and Norfolk Beauty also a Quince and a Medlar, Strawberrys are doing well in the Greenhouse another old variety Royal Sovereign originally dated from about 1872 and the taste is wonderful hopefully i will be picking fresh Strawberrys next month.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Page 149 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 147 148 149 150 151 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use