Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 145 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

I am so glad you are still with us Chicagosinger.  What a scary ordeal.  Will be praying for you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:17 AM | Locked

CC, glad  you got to see your un-Dad, and sounds like a good visit for him too.  and what a nice unexpected gift from you MIL.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 9:15 AM | Locked

Thanks to all for your comments on my precious Tyler.

Nancy, sorry for your friends loss of her DD.  My prayers will be with her and family and friends.  Prayers going up for you and Hubby and hope everything went well yesterday.

CC, sounds like Sprout made his Papa happy.  Great memory for Papa to hold onto.  Chalk one up to MIL, what a nice and thoughtful thing for her to do.

Chicagosinger, so sorry you went through that, prayers going up for your continued recovery.  God Bless you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 10 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

Finally got my mq8 sandwiched.  While pinning I wondered for the first time if there is a right way to pin itt?  I start at one corner and goback and forth tial bottom should i be pinning center vertical then center horizontal  then each quarter section.  Just wondere how others do theirs.

I also had to run to neighbors 74 yrs old she had fallen from being on step ladder while balancing holding top of metal shelf in her basement to change a water filter, she fell backward and hit her double metal sink below her neck thank god she had a stack of towels hanging over edge.  She has multiple schlerosis and shouldn't be up on any ladder in my oppinion.  She is bruised but seems ok.  I told her no more working overhead to make call someone for help first but she is very independant.  I'm just glad she is still around to talk to.

Running errands and puttzing with sewing room.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, May 10 2013 10:11 AM | Locked

I start in middle then work my way out and around.  Just how I was taught in the many quilting books I read over and over again.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, May 10 2013 10:14 AM | Locked

Praying for a quick and complete recovery.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

ls2116:
had to run to neighbors 74 yrs old she had fallen from being on step ladder she fell backward and hit her double metal sink below her neck thank god she had a stack of towels hanging over edge.

Goodness, I think you should check on her again several times over the next day or two to be sure there are no delayed effects.  That sounds scary!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

chicagosinger:
I haven't been here for awhile because I had a severe heart attack back towards the end of February.

Glad to have you back!  Take care of yourself!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:25 PM | Locked

Prayers for you chicagosinger for a speedy and quick recovery.  Glad to see you back.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165
stitcheraz replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

Hope you can continue on the path to recovery.  Linda can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the magazine she referred to is a free magazine, with no costs at all attached.  Prayers are headed your way.

stitcheraz

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

Chicagosinger, Oh my!  So glad you are back home and on the road to recovery!  Will be keeping you in my prayers.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:54 PM | Locked

IS life's never dull round you is it? Hope your neighbour is ok.

Marie your little man is gorgeous.

Chicago hope you continue to improve.

CC glad your Un Dad had the strength to play with Sprout,

Sorry that's all I can remember ( brain freeze or a Craft moment ( Can't remember a flipping thing!!)).

The antibiotics seem to have kicked in and I must admit I do feel better still coughing a bit but nowhere near as bad as I was.

Glad the weekend has arrived. Our Rugby league team has an important cup match tomorrow so we will go to that after lunch.

Sunday will relax and hopefully get some of the mountain of washing done and dried. The beautiful weather of last weekend has gone again! I think it is very chilly today and am thinking about putting the heating on as my hands are frozen.

Big hugs to everyone xxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, May 10 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

Just a day for housework I guess as this mother is having her daughters and families over for a Mother's Day Bar-B-Q.  So far I have washed the throw rugs and vacuumed.  Still need to finish cleaning up my sewing area (just the stuff that little Logan can reach and pull down), plan the menu for Sunday and go grocery shopping.  Finished my 3rd purse before DH (who's not such a dear this morning) got up.  Finagled him into doing the dusting, which he did, but it was a half-assed job in just one room.  Oh well, at least that is one room I won't have to do, sort of.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, May 10 2013 3:38 PM | Locked
Wow what wonderful afternoon, with help of a hard working neighbor I got 9 roses planted, 2 Queen Elizabeth, a Mikado, Mr Lincoln, and 2 climber Don Juan and New Dawn, 2 double blossom Knockouts and one single Knockout and last but not least 2 tomato plants. I'm so excited, I love Roses ( a Rose Garden) more than any other flower. Have 2 Hydranga, an Encore Azelea, and a Rosemary (transplanting and citron) to get back in the ground.

Got to go get more soil tomorrow and maybe pickup a few more roses and a cucumber and a couple squash plants. I would love a couple more Encores also.

It's going to be so beautiful this summer, it's going to smell divine. I would love to find some King or Queen's Ransom roses, gotta have yellow roses. You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl. I've always had yellow roses, but a couple years ago they bit the dust...planted back in '86. I cried when I realized they were gone.

My wonderful helper will be over to roto till the soil tomorrow for the new rose bed. I'm so lucky, I have the best friends and neighbors any person could have anywhere. God is so good to me, thank you Lord!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:09 PM | Locked

Welcome home, Chicago. I'm glad you are still with us.

Thanks for the prayers for Un-Dad, everybody. I'm sure he is grateful,a s am I.

Yes, Mil really suprised me with the quilt top. The last I had heard of it she'd sent it, along with the last row of blocks and sashing off to my Sister IN LAW so that she could add her handywork to the multi-generational effort. She never got around to it and Mom was fretting that she'd never see it again. 

It was a suprise to see that she had finally gotten it back,  and finished piecing the last row herself before passing it on to me. She says that she can think of nothing greater then if DD and I were to quilt it. Given the age of the blocks, Sadly, my hand quilting skills are nonexistant. And I honestly do not feel that the blocks are actually strong enough to hold up to it.They are in remarkable shape after 130 years... but...    I'm guessing that Great Grandma was a little girl just learning to sew when they were made - which  would explain why some of the blocks are made by her mother and some by her. (I'll have to look at the stitching and see if I can tell which was which.)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 145 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use