Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 144 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

Not having an enjoyable couple of days.  Last evening we attended a wake for a friend's 9-year-old daughter who succumbed to leukemia after a 14-month battle.  Very sad.  

Today we are in the Twin Cities at the skin surgeon's office for a basal cell excision for DH.  This is 5 months after my visit to this same office.  Looking around the waiting room, I'm convinced we'll be here off and on for the rest of our lives.  Stay out of the sun, people!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 759
Points 11,380
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Marie your DGS is getting big already. He is such a cutie.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, May 9 2013 2:17 PM | Locked

Patti,

Your photos are stunningly beautiful, what a wonderful blaze of colour (as you can tell im green with envy).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Thu, May 9 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

Marie I showed your picture to my DGD age 2 & almost 5. said " he's so cute. And they are right, lovely picture. Cake looks good too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Marie, What a precious baby boy, He is adorable !                       Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:24 PM | Locked

Oh Marie, what a sweet precious little bundle! I could scoop him up and nibble little toes all day!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Today we are in the Twin Cities at the skin surgeon's office for a basal cell excision for DH.

Hugs and Prayers, Nancy.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

It was a tough day. Un-Dad is  at Un-bro's home, on Comfort Measures only. He was a bit doped up but alert. His throat is too swollen, and breathing too shallow, to make communication easy, but he tried. He struggled to ask how long we were there for and I asked "how long do you want us?"  He held his arms open wide. Sprout thought he wanted a hug and held his arms wide open in responce.

I was worried that the baby would be put off by the frail and fading figure in the bed (at a strange house), but after a few hesitant moments he was fine. He studied Papa very carefully at first and then he seemed to recognize him, almost like he was saying "Oh! It's you in there, Papa! Gosh, I didn't know that wrecked body. It almost had me fooled!" He snuggled up to him and played the bee game with Papa making buzzing noises and waving his finger in Sprouts tummy area, and Sprout  razzing back and giggling. It was good to see them play and I was glad Papa had the strength to interact a little.

When we got home, there was a package waiting for me. My MiL had sent a birthday gift: Years ago she showed me some antique quilt blocks that had been pieced by her grandmother in the 1870-1890's. She decided to make a quilt with them. I advised her not to, but she proceeded anyway. I did manage to prevail on her to use 100% cotton sashing and hand stitch them... My gift was wrapped in the top. The gift was a Margarita set. I appreciate the drink after a long day, and the quilt is a treasure beyond compair.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

chocake2:
some antique quilt blocks that had been pieced by her grandmother in the 1870-1890's. She decided to make a quilt with them.

CC, I hope we'll get to see a picture of that!  What a meaningful gift!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:52 PM | Locked

CC

That sounds like an amazing gift.   So sorry your Un Dad is doing so poorly.   Hugs to you and family.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Fri, May 10 2013 2:36 AM | Locked
Hi chococake2! So sorry to read that your Un-Dad is so ill and my family will be praying for you and your family! I haven't been here for awhile because I had a severe heart attack back towards the end of February. I almost didn't make it and spent 10 days in ICU. I got home from the hospital about 2 weeks ago. The first thing I had my husband do for me was put this site up on my PC so I could catch up a little. THEN I felt like I was home. Needless to say, I missed you guys! Still going to physical therapy and hope to be able to get back on my sewing machine soon as my hands are finally starting to work better!I must also apologize to all of the peoples b-days that I missed! I feel sooooo bad!As soon as I'm able I will get caught up as soon as I can, but I didn't want anyone to think that I was an irresponsible jerk. To be honest, for awhile, I was pretty out of it. No more painting rooms for me, at least not for awhile anyways! Well....gotta go. I'm restricted to my time on the computer. Baby steps they keep telling me! I missed you all! Take care and big hugs to all!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Fri, May 10 2013 4:36 AM | Locked

Chicago - WOW! you  have been thru a terrible ordeal. Are there any lasting effects that you have to deal with? Do you get STROKE magazine from the Heart Assoc? Has some really  good come back stories from stroke and heart attack victims. I'm a stroke/heart risk and someone put my name in to receive the magazine. There is life afterwards. May God bless you, keep you, and give you peace. Good luck in your recovery.

Hugs.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:29 AM | Locked
Unfortunately, no Linda. Not only have I never heard of it but I couldn't afford to pay for any subscriptions anyway. Yes, a lot of my body didn't work very well at all at first, but it all seems to be coming back with physical therapy and a lot of praying! Thanks for sharing your experience, strength, hope and your prayers! Big hugs!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Chicago singer, I am glad to hear from you and sorry  that you had such a world shaking ,for you,  experience.  I have been thinking of you for a while now, wondering why we haven't heard from you.  May God bless you with continuing recovery.  If anyone can make itt back, I think it will be you.  You have such willpower.   Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

CC, I am glad you had a special time with your un-Dad, and an even greater treat waiting for you when you got home.   How special to receive those quilt squares from  MIL.   Ginny

Page 144 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use