Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 143 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Thanks CC, at least I get to see his smiling face!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPROUT!!!!  Will you tell him your quilty friends call him Sprout?  He is just too cute!!!!!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:57 AM | Locked

Patti

Love your awesome pictures!  Must have been a buggy trail ride coming through!  The Flowers are absolutely gorgeous.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 9 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

IS

Not riding yet, promised to stay off until July...then come hell or high water I shall saddle up Princesa and hit the road (literally).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

Used coffee grounds...truly going green on this one!  LOL BTW go to Dollar store and pick up a container of BORIC ACID and sprinkle around outside of your house, works on roaches also, put around cabinets (spces between wall and counter tops.

A

Karla:
  re these used grounds or fresh out of the can grounds?  We have some ants (so far they haven't got into the house) but I'd like to keep them under control before they invade the house.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Leslie, thanks for sharing your family pics.  Everyone look lovely and so happy.  Congrats to all.  Love, your outfit, you are a beautiful lady!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

chocake2:

See? Hair!

That's peach fuzz, CC!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

Beautiful horse, Joni!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Donna, thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.  The flowers are breathtaking!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

ls2116:
Patti the flowers look like sunflowers or are they a type of daisy.

yes, they are a member of the sunflower family.  These are called arrow leaf balsamroot.  The local Native Americans used many parts of the plant for food.   The nselxcin name for the seeds is methow, pronounced met-how.  Which is the name of the valley where Donna B and Marge P live.

They have a very large tap root.  The older ones can be wider than a man's arm and several feet deep.  We once tried to see if we could transplant a small one.   We couldn't find one small enough to dig up.   These plants can be very, very old.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Great pics Patty! they could grace my walls! Our Balsomroot won't be blooming here for at least another 3-4 weeks, so I enjoyed seeing yours very much.

Nantenn, my experience with Hancocks it that they put out a great catalong, but too often my orders have been slow in coming or back-ordered.

Yes, Girls, Sprout got lots of grammy/auntie hugs delivered yesterday. He had angel food cake and strawberries. Bossman came and helped him eat it, as did DD's boyfriend, and my co-worker (who only just got 'home' after living his real life in another state all winter). The kids drug us old fogies out into the yard and we had stick wars and played baseball with a broken broom handle and an old milk jug. LOL The whole town heard our party! My sides hurt from laughing.

Today Dh has taken a family leave day and we will be traveling across the state to see Un-Dad. He developed pnumonia after our Easter visit and spent a week in the hosp. They reliesed him to skill care, where his pnumonia got worse and he developed a secondary infection. He's now home, under hospice care.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Patti:
They have a very large tap root.  The older ones can be wider than a man's arm and several feet deep.  We once tried to see if we could transplant a small one.   We couldn't find one small enough to dig up.   These plants can be very, very old.

Patti, very interesting.  I didn't know about how large the tap root was.  I do know they take a long time before they mature and start flowering.  I have been scattering seed since we moved here and I am just now (12 years) starting to see more balsamroot plants flowering.

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

It was such a lovely day. Life feels flat now but I am sure there will be something else to look forward to!!

xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

CC, sounds like a grand time was had by all.  We celebrated Tyler's 9 week BD yesterday with a strawberry short cake, cake, yummm.

Sorry about your un-dad, prayers going up for him.  God Bless y'all.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

Marie, That baby is such a doll.  I can see that you are keeping a good eye on his growth and well being.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:50 AM | Locked

Oh, I'm loving all these pictures of wagon trains, wildflowers, and grandbabies!  My crocuses are finally blooming, but nothing else is green yet.  Should drop down to freezing again tonight, and then 90 predicted next week.  Dang, looks like it will be a year of no spring.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 143 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 141 142 143 144 145 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use