Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 141 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, May 7 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm sorry for all that pain.  I will add you to my prayers. I hope they can find a solution for you soon.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, May 7 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

Lesley, thanks for sharing. Your family is beautiful.

Ps I'm very jealous of all the green grass and leaves in the trees. ;-)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Tue, May 7 2013 9:37 PM | Locked

Nice hair on Sprout's head!

I've PM you CC.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 7 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

Lesley, beautiful family pictures of a lovely wedding.  I love your hat!!!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 7 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

He does have hair!!!  And I can see he really keeps everyone hopping in your house...including you...LOL!  (The voice of experience here...after 3 boys in 5 years!)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Tue, May 7 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

Sukoshi I hope your back is feeling better give it a good rest.

I'm conquering with the ant problem only seen one stragler.

Went to consignment shop today and found a good deal on a formica table its a red oak!  I decided to put it in my first floor sewing/office room.  I'm wore out from moving all the furniture but I think I'll get some rest now.  The table is smaller so i have more walk space.  Didn't work in garden today maybe tomorrow but its not on priority list because I'll be having garage sale soon.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

In a few minutes I'm going to mosey on down the road and get some pictures of the wagon train breaking camp.  Think they will be heading out to the Methow Valley today, going over 3 Devils road.  I will try and post some pictures later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

COFFEE grounds are great for killing fire ants, just disturb the mound a little and put a coupe TBS of the ground on it...ants will disappear in a couple days.  We use in pastures do it weekly, once ants are gone we just mow over the hills.  Shucks does that mean I have to open up the little cups from my Keurig?  Well actually easier than storing grounds in a tin or such.

Diana:

Hey, Is     Looks like you have an ant problem?   Need a healthy alternative to chemicals?  Corn meal or caffeine coffee grounds.  They love them both.  But it will kill them.  The corn meal with expand in their tummies and they pop like balloons.  Caffeine will put them into caffeine shock and kill them.  They take all those goodies to the nest and the whole nest disappears.  You don't have to worry about any other animals, pets, kids getting into it or harming them.  I even use the coffee grounds outside on the walkway when I start seeing ant hills.  Put the coffee out there and the hill disappears pretty quickly.  Try it out.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Wed, May 8 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

Are these used grounds or fresh out of the can grounds?  We have some ants (so far they haven't got into the house) but I'd like to keep them under control before they invade the house.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, May 8 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Well I have lots of photos including some great shots I took of the balsam root I took on our property walking down to the camp.   Just going to unload the pictures I have so I can head out and take more of the wagon train crossing through balsam root at the neighbor's across the road from us. They won't be going over 3 devils this year, but a different route.

Balsam root arrow leaf, is the name of a local wild sunflower type plant that turns many hills around here a beautiful gold in the spring.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Wed, May 8 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Karla,   Used coffee grounds after you make your coffee in the morning.  If I'm going to use them in the house, I dry them in the oven so they don't get moldy.  I put a tablespoon in the area where the ants have been seen.  You should stop seeing them in a week or two.  Then just vacuum up the grounds

DIana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 8 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

I love this coffee grounds tip.  We get some really large ant mounds in the yard, so I'll try this.  I already hang on to my coffee grounds for composting.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, May 8 2013 11:02 AM | Locked

Guess???  This is what I'm doing!

Another exciting day in Zebulon...a breezy sunny 73 degrees!  Camera hog is Trovolino 20 yr Paso Fino...former Grand National Champion 3 yr old Performance horse, now retired, great trail horse.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,391
Points 23,220
Debbie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 12:09 PM | Locked

Ladies, I get a daily household tips email and here's todays:

If you have an ant problem in your house, do a thorough cleaning of the areas where they usually show up and then try this ANTidote. Take some whole cloves and wedge them individually into corners of cabinets, drawers or wherever you usually see the ants. Make sure the cloves are unobtainable by crawling infants and inquisitive pets. Whole cloves retain their strong, repellent smell longer than loose herbs or ground spices, keeping the pests away for months (and possibly longer, if they get the message).

I thought that's ironic that I would get this when ya'll have been discussing ants...LOL 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Wed, May 8 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

M N Nancy the bride was being cuddled by her new brother in law ( after a couple of beers he gets very loving!!). The whole day was a round of cuddles and hugs with new friends and of course family. I can't wait for the "official" photos it will take a long while to go through them there must be hundreds!

I felt very flat and deflated today bit tired too, in fact I came home from work sat down and an hour later woke up! Hope that the antibiotics kick in soon as I am so fed up feeling so bunged up. Rehearsal starts on Monday for the next concert so I want rid before then please!!

Hope everyone is doing ok xxxx

Page 141 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 139 140 141 142 143 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use