Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 139 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 137 138 139 140 141 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 6 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

chocake2:

What a smile on that boy!  Does he have his mama's eyes or his dad's?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, May 6 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Does he have his mama's eyes or his dad'

good question, but we know he doesn't have anyone's hair yet.   I didn't get hair either until I was a year old.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,829
Points 39,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, May 7 2013 12:21 AM | Locked

Today I bought some more spray for ants and also little blue can stuff that you poke the sides in I think that stuff really attracted them because I seen them carrying the stuff with them. They are brownis in color and maybe a 1/8" long.  I know they are attracted to food because I have to keep monitoring pups dog food bowl.  I think they are coming into house because its cooler.

Maybe I will be able to sandwich my quilt tomorrow.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Tue, May 7 2013 5:59 AM | Locked

Hey, Is     Looks like you have an ant problem?   Need a healthy alternative to chemicals?  Corn meal or caffeine coffee grounds.  They love them both.  But it will kill them.  The corn meal with expand in their tummies and they pop like balloons.  Caffeine will put them into caffeine shock and kill them.  They take all those goodies to the nest and the whole nest disappears.  You don't have to worry about any other animals, pets, kids getting into it or harming them.  I even use the coffee grounds outside on the walkway when I start seeing ant hills.  Put the coffee out there and the hill disappears pretty quickly.  Try it out.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:03 AM | Locked

CC this young man of almost one is so cute!  With a smile like that, you can tell he will he is a very happy boy.  Wish him a very happy 1st birthday.  

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:07 AM | Locked

weezee56:

Debbie:
She's a Brother SC9500 and does everything I wanted in a sewing machine  
  Zoe looks great, have fun with your new baby.

I second that!

now, how soon till we see a quilt made with your new baby?  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

Diana, I think I will try the coffe grounds idea on huge red ant hills. Wonder if that will work. Jim put that heavy duty poin on those and I worry about Lily. She could walk over one and get it on her paws, or the kitties could. Sometimes he just pours gas on them.

I heard yet another idea. If you have two red any hills, take a shovel and take ants from each hill and put them on the other, they go to war and kill off both colony at once. Ants are weird.

Our nephews has two Great Horned Owls living either in their trees or nearby. They are always sitting on the cinder block wall that surrounds their back yard. His wife is an awesome photog and gets great photos. I am wondering if they have a pair and if they could find the nest, will have owlets one day.

My back continues to hurt worse everyday. I hurt from mid-back to just avoe the thighs. And, in the morning I have great pain on either side above my waist. I hope this does have to do with my kidneys. I recently had blood work so should know soon if my numbers have fallen farther. Last time, and for 5 years now,they have only worked at 67% of normal.

Tonight, we have a fundraiser dinner to attend. Not like we have any funds to help them. We were invited by our Pastor to sit at their table.  Should be interesting.

Will try to get some sewing done today. The bending to cut and the way I sit in my sewing chair just kills me after awhile.

Hope all have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

Diana, I think I will try the coffe grounds idea on huge red ant hills. Wonder if that will work. Jim put that heavy duty poin on those and I worry about Lily. She could walk over one and get it on her paws, or the kitties could. Sometimes he just pours gas on them.

I heard yet another idea. If you have two red any hills, take a shovel and take ants from each hill and put them on the other, they go to war and kill off both colony at once. Ants are weird.

Our nephews has two Great Horned Owls living either in their trees or nearby. They are always sitting on the cinder block wall that surrounds their back yard. His wife is an awesome photog and gets great photos. I am wondering if they have a pair and if they could find the nest, will have owlets one day.

My back continues to hurt worse everyday. I hurt from mid-back to just avoe the thighs. And, in the morning I have great pain on either side above my waist. I hope this does have to do with my kidneys. I recently had blood work so should know soon if my numbers have fallen farther. Last time, and for 5 years now,they have only worked at 67% of normal.

Tonight, we have a fundraiser dinner to attend. Not like we have any funds to help them. We were invited by our Pastor to sit at their table.  Should be interesting.

Will try to get some sewing done today. The bending to cut and the way I sit in my sewing chair just kills me after awhile.

Hope all have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I pray that you will soon find the cause of your back pain and b able to relieve it.  Enjoy your dinner.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:31 AM | Locked

Patti:
good question, but we know he doesn't have anyone's hair yet.   I didn't get hair either until I was a year old.

I agree Patti.  I didn't get hair until I was a year old either.  My Mom always had a bonnet on my head in every pcture.  I guess she didn't want the glare to bounce off of the bald dome.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 7 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Patti:

MNnancy:
 Does he have his mama's eyes or his dad'

His eyes are a combonation: Color from one, shape from the other...

And he does too have hair. 3 of them in fact - Right on top of that pointed little noggin!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, May 7 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

Thought you might enjoy seeing a young quilter in the making - using a 1936 Singer 99K Hand-crank machine at our Saturday Farmer's Market in Twisp, WA last weekend.  (This is the predecessor to the featherweights quilters covet so much!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Tue, May 7 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

chocake2:
And he does too have hair. 3 of them in fact - Right on top of that pointed little noggin!
                                  CC, He is just adorable ! reminds me of my son when he was a baby,  no hair, big eyes and a beautiful smile. Enjoy him, as you know they grow up to fast.                 Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, May 7 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

CC,

It is hard to believe it has been a year already!  Please give Sprout and big hug from me, and thank you so much for sharing his pic with us!

Max

PS:  good job on the push pins...Gini had a good idea.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Tue, May 7 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

CC he is gorgeous! He looks like a very happy little chap!

This is just one of the many pics that were taken on Sunday at my eldest son's wedding( he's on the left my youngest is on the right) We had a faboulous weekend. The weather was spectacular, the hotel fantastic, company sparkling. Food perfect. My new daughter in law looked so beautiful ( other one  did too) DH behaved so bonus all round!

This is a lovely family shot. We missed my Dad so much and also Jo's Dad who sadly died a few weeks before my Dad. But they were there in spirit and our hearts.

xxx

• | Post Points: 65
Page 139 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 137 138 139 140 141 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use