Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 137 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 12:05 PM | Locked

Today is a lazy day for me.

It is overcast with a 30% chance of rain for the next three days.

I am home alone today and it is very peaceful and quiet.

I might do some quilting later today on MQ8. I am soo far behind the curve on this one because of the five baby quilts.   I figure I have all summer to get them done.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, May 5 2013 1:30 PM | Locked

So envious of all those starting their summer gardening.  I finally decided this was the year I won't add any new plants to the flower beds. I will see how maintaining the perrenials and flowering shrubs goes this summer.  DH moved a few of them last fall to make it easier for me to care for them. Old knees and hands and flower beds are not the best combination.

I got most of a flannel quilt top done, but can't find the right color for a border. It will be put on the UFO stack until I find what I want.  I did run across an art blog with some pics of some 'contemporary expressionism' artwork on it. I was greatly inspired by one of the paintings...my little brain is working hard trying to figure out a way to do my version in fabric.  I need more brainpower and fewer inspirations!

Been doing lots of birdwatching out the back window. Some days that is about all that gets done. The Baltimore Orioles have arrived...in force!  There are four males and one female and they are eating grape jelly like crazy. First time we have had so many at one time.  The Brown Thrashers are back and eating suet and peanuts. All the woodpeckers and flickers are still with us from this winter. The robins are eating about a pound of raisins a week. Several of them are eating chopped peanuts, also.  I think it is so cold (sn** 2 inches 3 days ago!) the bugs aren't out for the bug-eating birds, so they are eating whatever they find.

Here's a couple of pics of the male Orioles. 

Wish I could eat hanging upside down like that!  Sorry the pics are a little fuzzy. I had to take them thru the window.

Thoughts and good wishes for those that are lame, ill, and under-the-weather.  May tomorrow bring better days for all of you.          I'll keep lurking. Have a quilty day!  Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Sun, May 5 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Max, thanks for sharing your beautiful pics.  The Orioles are a site for sore eyes and your flowers are as well.  Stay well my friend.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Sun, May 5 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Max beautiful pic of oriole.

I've been shopping for a new kitchen table part of the day .  Didn't find anything that appealed to me though as i like red country oak in formica, and then went home to pull some more weeds.  I don't know if I'm going to plant veggies this year as i had competition with my pup or the squirrels for the tomatoes.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sun, May 5 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

Lots of luck looking for a kitchen table with formica any more. my DB and SIL looked for one too, but said they were told that tables aren't made with the formica tops anymore.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

Max, beautiful Orioles. 

Today I pulled weeds,  planted seeds for sugar snap peas, beets, and spinach.  All 3 said they could be planted as early as the soil could be worked. 

I think we have gone from winter directly to summer.   I am in my shorts so had to come in to avoid mosquitoes.

Made elk pesto meatballs this evening.  They are really good!  I will have to try the same recipe with regular hamburger some time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,451
Points 24,135
Debbie replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

New baby for me - got my birthday present today and after spending the afternoon putting the table together, now get to play with her.  Think I'll call herZoe, always loved that name.  

She's a Brother SC9500 and does everything I wanted in a sewing machine  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

Dear, pretty new baby

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

Debbie

Congratulations on the new baby.   Zoe looks like a great companion.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:32 PM | Locked

Everybody's gardening sounds very productive.   I think it would be more productive for me to pull the flowers out of my weed garden....LOL><

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Mon, May 6 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

I plan on mowing later, once the sun has gotten the dew off the grass.  I have now gotten up to 25 minutes on the elliptical so that has made me happy, and sweaty!  By the end of the month I hope to be at 30 minutes.  DH hopes to come home early from work and get started on the siding.  We are all praying the rain has ended for at least a month!  

Everyone have the most wonderful day!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

Got to do more cleaning ugh!  Regular outdoor ants are trying to take over my kitchen I've washed floor twice vacuming everyday bought some poison traps sprayed perimeter of house.  I 'm gonna get some more poison, but i have to be very careful because of my pup.  If the R poison doesn't work I'm calling exterminator I'm at wits end.  I'll get to quilting when i can but these ants are real pests.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, May 6 2013 10:03 AM | Locked

Planted rhubarb, sugar snap peas, bell peppers and cucumbers in raised garden yesterday.  Then yesterday evening, DGS2 brought me a giant cabbage to plant in the garden...it was part of a school project and they don't have a yard to plant it in, so grandma's garden will be it's new home.  

Had the grandsons plant some watermelon, cucumber, onion and radish seeds this morning before school.  They are in those little plant starter things, so hope they will sprout and then they can plant then in the garden.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Mon, May 6 2013 10:15 AM | Locked

Been raining so much here that we have not been able to plant a thing. May have to get a green house and start there. The weather man said we may have normal weather for a change, so maybe if the ground is not so squishy I can get out there and plant something. Maybe even get some grass cut LOL. (I will leave that for the man of the house) but it has made for some great sewing days.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Mon, May 6 2013 11:45 AM | Locked

She's a beauty Debbie!  I wish you many happy years with Zoe.

Millbury, MA

Page 137 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use