Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 135 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, May 2 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Sukochi...love your snowball.  Wonder if Home Depot has any???

I just got 6 beautiful rose bushes...gonna plnt them the the hydrangas tomorrow, weather permitting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

\

Joni:
Sukochi...love your snowball.  Wonder if Home Depot has any???

Joni, we got that at Lowes in 2003. It is actually the baby of another in the backyard. Everyone has them in Ellijay. Some are higher then houses and covered in snowballs. Ours have always had the snowballs toward the center of the plants. Very strange. I made Jim trim it till I could see the snowballs. Here's the baby bush.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
Here is my new baby, Matilda.

She's a beauty Sukochi. Congratulations.

Sukochi:
And my new toy, the Seam Fix. I love this thing.

I like mine a lot too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:47 PM | Locked

Leslie :
I got a new baby today also

awwwww.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

Jacy:
We have 8 little babies at our house, they are providing entertainment for not just the kids, but for the kitties too.

Cool photo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

Linda:
Kris - are you gettting a raised garden? I love mine. Saves a lot on my body too.

I think that's Karla. I would love to have a garden but I'm crap at gardening.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:49 PM | Locked

I thought I'd finish my quilt top but DH came home and started weed wacking so I had to run outside and follow him around otherwise all my perenials would be toast for another year.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:45 PM | Locked

This will be the first vegetable garden since we've moved to the Nevada high desert.  I'm not sure how it's going to turn out...our soil is alkaline and the weather is very, very dry.  We are lucky to have 4 or 5 inches of precipitation in a year and most of that is snow in the winter.  We haven't had much of that for the past 2 years either.  My water bill is going to be astronomical as we are on a meter and our water is not cheap.  In Northern California we paid a monthly water bill, always the same as we weren't metered.  We could use as much as we wanted, now I have to water wisely as my bill last summer was almost $200 a month, and that was just to keep the grass growing.  It has only reached 80 degrees 2 days so far this year, and already I need to water the lawn everyday to keep it green.  My front yard is in rocks (it was that way when we bought this place) but I have made two fairly large flower gardens out there and we've planted several fruit trees.  

So far, all I've planted are 12 tomato plants and 2 bell pepper plants.  I plan on adding some green beans, cucumbers, green onions, radishes, and my husband wants watermelon and strawberries.  

With luck it will be a canning summer for me again this year, but I hope it's not just pears.  Right now our cherry trees and plum trees look like they will have a lot of fruit, but with the winds we have, it'll probably blow off all of the plums before they ripen like it did last year.

But I'm going to try and pray it is a good year for the fruit.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 6:33 AM | Locked

Sukochi, this is my Japanese snowball bush, I have and old fashion like yours also

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, May 3 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Karla

A container garden, grouped together works great in the high desert country.  I laid the weed cloth down, covered deep in mulch and placed my containers on it, grouped them close together with lattice set up for climbing plants.  So much produce I could not give all away, learned to can.  I also planted in area where they had some shade during the hottest part of day, learn later to shade with bamboo blinds, I hung on fixed poles so that blinds lay on top and I could adjust as needed.  Wish I had the pics to show.  This small garden was easy to maintain and not expensive. 

This year I would like to try a garden planted in pallets.  We shall see.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Fri, May 3 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Leslie :

Sukochi, this is my Japanese snowball bush, I have and old fashion like yours also

Leslie, How beautiful. I love plants and flowers and I have never ran across this one before. It is very nice.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 3 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Karla:
This will be the first vegetable garden since we've moved to the Nevada high desert.  I'm not sure how it's going to turn out...our soil is alkaline and the weather is very, very dry.  

I suggest getting a soaker hose and using lots of mulch on your garden. Both will help get the water where it needs to go and keep it there long enough to bennifit the plants.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

Leslie, beautiful Snowball bush. Haven't ever seen this. 

OMG! My debit card has been hit. I have read everything on here, and, thought "this can't happen to me". Well, guess what?  Derek, our banker, is going to check where it was used and let me know. Their program for that is down this morning, so will call as soon as he can get the info. He said they didn't get the checking account number. Probably what happened was it was skimmed somewhere. He said last year in a local restaurant, a waiter was doing that. They froze my account, and put a block on it, and is sending me a new card immediately.  Why are people so rotten anymore? It is getting to the point that you can not trust anyone.  What a way to start my day!

Nan has broken her foot. She fell out of bed, again. She is so very unsteady on her feet now. Is using a cane, when she CAN walk. This is what started before her mom's demise. Please pray for her. And pray for Maddie. She knows this happen to her great grandmother, and is so afraid.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

I'm getting so excited brother just called meeting for lunch today, and I might be going to vegas for weekend .  I'm hoping cuz I really need a vacation. chat more later errands to run.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Fri, May 3 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

Mine got hit on Wednesday.  They know it is a debit request.  Did not approve it and closed out the card.  I have spent the last 2 days trying to make sure I contact all the people that have my card on file.  Like for the back-up for Nook purchases.  The situation is not a problem as such, but sure is creating a lot of busy work to take away from sewing time.  And I was going shop hopping this weekend with that card :(

Jan

Page 135 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 133 134 135 136 137 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use