Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 134 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Wow Gini., It all sounds like much fun is happening on your trip.  Hope Sam gets all rested and calmed down after his time in MO. Where are you heading to after Loisiana?     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:21 PM | Locked

stitcheraz:
Chipmunks run all around my friends' second floor balconies (both sides of their home).  Maybe a windowsill inside is safe?!

yeah, the chipmunks can go anywhere, but why bother when so many other good things are easy to get at.  Like the bird seed that falls down from the feeder in front of the house.   and all the new seedlings.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

sounds like a great trip Gini.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

Patti:
I fear the chipmunks and mice will like it too, so it will be put out on my 2nd floor balcony when it warms up a bit more. 

Patti, you better watch out for the pack-rats too!  I have set plants on our deck (2nd floor) and had a pack-rat give it a nice hair-cut - free of charge...lol!  One night we saw one going up the outside wall of the house...so they can get anywhere.  And, I bet they would just love the taste of chocolate mint!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

Gini, glad you are having a great trip!  Don't let Sam chase any alligators...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:35 AM | Locked

Eek.  We have had pack rats in the car port. 

I remember waking up one night and seeing a great horned owl sitting on our bedroom balcony rail.  It was his call that woke me up.  Wish he would come by every night and protect our place from the rodents.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:35 AM | Locked

did yard work yesterday.  good to see it getting back to were it used to be. the drive  needs to be repaired after digging it up last year for the power and gas to the shop but we have decided to wait until next year for it to settle a little more.  Notice i have said nothing about plants or planting.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

Gee, Patti, we have a great Horned owl in residence in the 'city' park. The kids go over and collect pellets for Scouts every so often. I think that bird is why I have so many rodents in the house this spring ...they all moved inside!

Dh said we had a nocternal visit from a bear last night. He reports that the garbage bin suffered some damage.

DB is heading out today. The house is gonna be empty and quiet after he goes. I'm not ready for his visit to be over. :(

He hasn't finished his shelving project. Midway through the job, he decided I needed drawers too... so he tore out what he'd done and started over. Then yesterday, instead of finishing the drawers he'd started, he announced that he was putting in another unit in the cubby area. Both are now half finished. I don't think the project will see completion before he departs.  ..I think it must be genetic since I can't stay on task long enough to finish any one project either. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

We have many half completed projects around our house, too.  I am as guilty as anyone else in starting something and then getting bored with it, and starting something new.  I guess that keeps life interesting.  We have 1/2 of a brick planter done, ran out of bricks and now can't find the same color.  I guess sometime this summer I'll find some way to get it finished.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

I planted my starter plants inside over the weekend so I can transfer them in early June after the last frost warning.  I definitely am enjoying seeing plants somewhere

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, May 2 2013 12:58 PM | Locked

So far today I've bought the additional soil for the raised garden, did the grocery shopping and got everything carried in and put away.  I'm getting ready to start the laundry as the hamper overflows.  Need to strip the sheets and get out the vacuum, but I think that will wait until another day.  I think I'll just start planning dinner...chicken on the grill I think, with grilled asparagus, hollandaisse sauce and potatoes, cheese and onions wrapped in foil and thrown on the grill.  I refuse to cook in the house as it gets too hot and I'm just not ready to turn on the a/c yet.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:05 PM | Locked

Karla, that's been my day too.  My sister is coming to visit so we will have barbequed chicken tonight, and grilled vegetables. 

Probably going to grill all week end.  Neighbor gave us some elk steaks.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:46 PM | Locked

Taking a break from border on mq8.  Waiting for DH to come home.  Yesterday My neighbors kept having me look at their home improvement they were working on.  There was no way to say I'm working on a quilt .... I'm just glad to finally be sewing again.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 3:00 PM | Locked

Patti:
Neighbor gave us some elk steaks

Color me jealous.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 3:01 PM | Locked

ls2116:

Taking a break from border on mq8.  Waiting for DH to come home.  Yesterday My neighbors kept having me look at their home improvement they were working on.  There was no way to say I'm working on a quilt .... I'm just glad to finally be sewing again.

Well Gosh Is... If ya wanted ta look at home improvements, come on over. I'll show you my new cabinets (See me do an Evanna White pose) and then we'll get busy sittin' and stitchin!

Page 134 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use