Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 133 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 477
Points 7,620
Julienne replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

Also can anyone tell me what the points mean under our posts or is that just some fake number that really means nothing? Thanks.

Julienne - Mid Mo

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

Juliene really I have no idea other than a guage of how long a member has been making posts.

I'm sewing still on my mq8 its actually coming out better than i anticipated!  Need to do weeding outside besides other things but my back doesn't like that idea.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:32 AM | Locked

Well CC, the boo boo is still active.  It just keeps oozing blood.  I know it should have stopped by now but it hasn't.  I have to see my cardiologist tomorrow so I'll run it by her then.  I know  she can't fix it , but she can give me guidance rather than having to see my internist ( who doesn't handle boos boos that bleed) or surgeon, who I don't think should be bothered with this, but you'll never know til I ask.

I wish that I had a brother that could do things for me like yours does,  Can I borrow him for a while? You are one lucky girl.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 1 2013 12:56 PM | Locked

In the Southland, our snowballs look like this.....

And, I have a bush full of these beauties. Flowers are showing up everywhere. We have a lot of "God's plants"  this year.  We didn't plant them but we welcome all kinds of flowers, so, He provides.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

In the Southland, our snowballs look like this.....

And, I have a bush full of these beauties. Flowers are showing up everywhere. We have a lot of "God's plants"  this year.  We didn't plant them but we welcome all kinds of flowers, so, He provides.

Oh, I miss Snowballs!  We had a huge snowball bush in our yard when I was growing up in Oregon. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:55 PM | Locked

Julienne:

Also can anyone tell me what the points mean under our posts or is that just some fake number that really means nothing? Thanks.

I got no idea what they are, but gosh don't ya jus' luv rackin' em up? Makes ya feel special, don't it?  :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:06 PM | Locked

Julienne:
I don't mean to ask such a strange question, but you said FORMER owners, thus implying you bought the house. What the heck what this man doing butting his nose into your business when it came to repainting or your gardening skills?
LOL.. You weren't here for our saga of buying and moving, but some of the other gals probably remember it too well. We bought the place from a retired couple who spent 20 years restoring it from a run-down ruin to a comfortable home. They both have health issues and need to be closer to medical care, but selling it was torture to them. It's their baby. They couldn't bare to sell to just anyone and hand picked us to take it over. When we couldn't afford it, they sold it to us at far less then market value. We not only got the house but 2 cats and 3 hens to go with it....  Anyway, it's been a big adjustment for them to move to town and the ol'man, especially, has had a hard time letting go. We try to be compashionate about it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Sukochi, your snowball bush is beautiful. I had one at the house where I raised my children. I'm considering another one, but I also want a mock orange. I don't think I have room for both....unless there are dwarf versions. I did find a dwarf butterfly bush that Im contemplating.

I ended up sewing instead of working in the yard today. My back hurts too much. And I need help with some of the projects. I'm putting in a secret garden and my cohort (landscaper is coming over in the morning. He jumped right onto my little project!!! Has even come up with ways to save me money to do the things I want. He's come up with some really great ideas. Some of the plants I ordered have come in and we need to decide what we're doing so they can get planted. I'm having so much fun with this project.

Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 1 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

Guess what?  I now have an 8' X 8' raised garden bed.  Now I've just got to get the soil and plants (vege's I think) to go in it.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 3:35 PM | Locked

Karla:

Guess what?  I now have an 8' X 8' raised garden bed.  Now I've just got to get the soil and plants (vege's I think) to go in it.  

Sukochi's snowball bush, Linda's Secret Garden and now this..... There ya go rubbing it in again.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, May 1 2013 6:04 PM | Locked

Well, hearing about all these gardens. . . I did purchase some herbs this past weekend.  A couple to replace the ones that died, tarragon and rosemary.  But I have a new favorite.  I fear the chipmunks and mice will like it too, so it will be put out on my 2nd floor balcony when it warms up a bit more.  Chocolate mint!   I can hardly wait to have enough to make tea, or scones, or just nibble on it.  It's wonderful and tastes and smells like mint chocolate candy. 

And the basil always goes on the balcony.  Those grass hoppers love basil.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, May 1 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

CC, your brother sounds like my sister.  She's coming to visit this weekend.  Besides enjoying her company, she has fixed many things in our house.  I wonder what she will do this time. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165
stitcheraz replied on Wed, May 1 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Chipmunks run all around my friends' second floor balconies (both sides of their home).  Maybe a windowsill inside is safe?!

stitcheraz

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:27 PM | Locked

Linda:
I did find a dwarf butterfly bush that Im contemplating.

Linda, don't wait another minute. Go and get it.  I love my dwarf butterfly bush.  It draws the butterflies and hummingbirds and doesn't take up all the room of the regular sized bush.  I too love mock orange...was looking for double mock orange but couldn't find one in the area.  Had to settle for a single.  Good luck with your secret garden.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

Wow, it took a bit to catch up on all the posts.  

julienne, the points are a mystery.  

louisiana is a beautiful state and we haven't made it to the southern half yet.  Yesterday we did a Long walk around a Native American historical sit, poverty point.  The largest mound in North America, older than the pyramids.   Pretty cool area.

We spent the night in Alexandria and are off to points southern, i've got the camera charged to see if sam can get an alligator to charge him this time,  as soon as he finishes up his business stuff.    We don't have a laptop anymore and he has had a hard  time finding a hotel business center with an updated office program.     It seems the office centers he needs are in the nicer hotels, so no "NOtel" of me last night. Yippee.  

We have seen a ton of cardinals on this trip. They are so pretty.  Lots of white herons

i forgot to post this morning, so I will just add.

today I got to exercise my road kill identification skills.   We saw one gator, many armadillos, lots of birds, two white herons, tons of nutria, two frogs-really humongous frogs BTW-, two skunks, a large turtle,( and two large live turtles), a long snake, and a gazillion bugs,now littering the front of the car.  We were so glad when it started pouring down rain, so we could see out the windshield again.    Cajun food for lunch and dinner, yesterday and today.  I can now add alligator to my culinary repertoire,  albeit in sausage.  We're hoping to book a last minute swamp tour tomorrow.

gini in north idaho

Page 133 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use