Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 132 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:28 PM | Locked

back from visiting my daughter for 4+ days.  I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving.   She has been researching the family tree.  I did not know until I was a teenager that we had any Jewish history in the family.  And then I'd only learned that my Grandmother's maiden name was Stern.  Well, my daughter has looked as far back as 5 more generations before her and they were all of Jewish decent.  No one knows when they last practiced their faith.  At some point they became Lutheran.  Perhaps when they moved to rural America where there were no other Jews.

In any case, my daughter has formally converted.  No easy process.   This summer she leaves for Israel where she will go to graduate school.  

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this.  I went with her to the synagogue on Saturday.  Very interesting and beautiful service.  Since she was the door opener, we had to get there early.  In our church we have "greeters" but this is something different.  Since the shootings in a synagogue in Seattle a few years ago, the doors are kept locked, and her job was to let people in through the locked doors.   Who let us in?  The Mexican employee who turns on the lights and gets everything ready for service.  

I did a lot of English paper piecing while traveling.  I now have over 150 hexagons ready to sew together.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:29 AM | Locked

Oh my!  I wish I could've been there to help you.  Did they tell you to keep leg elevated after stitches?  Knock on wood I haven't had stitches yet externally.  Rest the leg for sure.  Been working on my mq8 ... slowly but surely I will get it done.  I think I've just really slowed down my pace on this quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:13 AM | Locked

AWww Leslie, she is soo cute.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:25 AM | Locked

Yes IS, I had to keep my leg elevated, it kept oozing all  evening.  This morning it looks okay.  When I stop to think of it this is the first time I have had stitches except for planned surgeries.  Today, I have to put my running shoes on soon as I will be babysitting baby Aden and his big sister Veronica, who is 3.  Should prove interesting.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:48 AM | Locked

Wow Patti, you have been on an interesting journey with your daughter to learn your of your heritage.

I imagine all of this is very interesting to you daughter in figuring out her place in this world and her heritage.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:52 AM | Locked

It's feeling much better this morning , but it won't be a pretty sight when healed.  Upward and onward.  I think it may have ruined my new merrels tennys though.  I thought I had all of the blood out, but it shows this morning a bit.  Well I guess that  makes them a new pair of gardening shoes.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,265
Linda replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

Awwww....all the little babies are sooooo cute!

Kris - are you gettting a raised garden? I love mine. Saves a lot on my body too. I already have spinach from the few that I let go to seed last year.  And I have more green onions than I can possibly use so I'm giving some away already.  When I lifted the straw off of the strawberries there were some snapdragons still alive. They are growing well.

Today I'm have the lady (LeAnn) to lunch who is taking all my charity quilts for 2 of the local children's hospitals. As a result,I have started a quilt quild....Ohio Chapter of Reap What You Sew, the Guild I belong to in Phoenix. An announcement went into the church newsletter. I already have one lady sewing for me and another is interested. Our first meeting is May 13.  We'll be meeting the 2nd Tuesday each month.  I'm so excited because this is what I've wanted to do since moving back to Ohio 3 years ago.

I slept in again this morning so I better get a move on. Indy has been sleeping too because I've had to give him 1/2 benedryl for his allergies. His eyes are so red and  he's sneezes constantly. Meanwhile I take the other 1/2 benedryl and my eyes are red too. I'm not sneezing...I just get sinus infections.

Every one have a great day with God's blessings.  Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Leslie

Your baby is too cute.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Not much going on here.  Rainy gloomy day.  Guess I'll just be sewing today.  Although I should be running errands or planning dinner.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

Today is another yardwork day...I can't believe how fast the grass grows now that the good weather is here.  We have some wind today, but by Nevada standards, 20 mph is not much.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:43 PM | Locked

Cute kitty and chicks. 

Patty isn't it interesting to see the family's history and where the came from? I say you don't know who you are or where you are going until you know where you came from. Since moving up to these mountains, I have found that 4 generations of my family lived in this area. And, have been to see their headstone. To me that is priceless.  I also met the former mayor of a nearby town who know my 2nd great grandfather,a nd the brother of my great grandmother. Oh, the stories he had to tell me.

Woke up with my back and legs hurting worse then ever. I am doing what I can to get over this. Sciatic is just terrible. 

DH was hounding me this a.m. while I was trying to post picture in the right order over in my forum at Christmas All Year Long. Or what ever that is called. So the pictures were posted all out of order. I told  him to leave the sewing room, please.

Better get back to Matilda. She gets lonely fast!!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Ginny:
It's feeling much better this morning , but it won't be a pretty sight when healed.

What is wrong with people, won't even help someone who is hurt.  So far here is the south I've not run across anything like you just experienced.  Someone even hinting of problems or injury there must be a dozen people who stop to offer help.  Many times I can't even pump my own gas without someone offering to do it for me.  Guess that must be one of the perks of Aging!

Ginny I pray your healing is quick and right.  I pray you have no more injuries.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:28 AM | Locked

I'm glad you got to spend time withyour daughter Patti. It's gonna be rough having her over-seas.

Ginny, I hope that boo-boo is well on it's way to mending now.

My brother has kept me pretty busy the last few days. He's nearly finished putting in new shelving in the utility room for me. It all had to be custome built and fit as this house is a hodge-podge of add-ons made with salvaged materials. Nothing is square or conventional.  I can not tell you how excited I am to have some storage space! I've been using a bakers wrack for a pantry sence we moved here. Now That's going away and I'll have room for my ironing board and a small cabinet for my sewing essentials. 

While I was on a groc. run yesterday he snuck in a brand new faucet in the bathroom. Now he's teasing me that he 'remodeled' that too...  We put new knobs in my kitchen, so I can call that "remodled" as well.  Hehehe This morning he asked if I wanted him to put additional shelves in a cubby area that really serves no purpose. Umm, gee, let me think... Heck ya! That cubby will be going away eventually, but for right now I may as well get some good use out of it. He'll have a busy day today as he leaves tomorrow, and wants to get everythign finished up before then. His departure means I will have my hands full with paint touch ups and re-organizing stuff.

I gotta tell ya, it feels pretty good to finally, after a year and a half, be making this house my own. The former owners about had a fit when I repainted the living-room after we moved in. It took a year and a stroke before he stopped coming around and trimming shrubs, weeding gardens etc. Not that it wasn't nice to have the work done, but he passed judgement on my skills (or lack of) the whole time he was doing it.  Dh says they are the strictest landlords we've never had... And I admit, I've taken my time on these projects in part because of that. Mostly because of $... LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110
Julienne replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

chocake2:

I'm glad you got to spend time withyour daughter Patti. It's gonna be rough having her over-seas.

Ginny, I hope that boo-boo is well on it's way to mending now.

My brother has kept me pretty busy the last few days. He's nearly finished putting in new shelving in the utility room for me. It all had to be custome built and fit as this house is a hodge-podge of add-ons made with salvaged materials. Nothing is square or conventional.  I can not tell you how excited I am to have some storage space! I've been using a bakers wrack for a pantry sence we moved here. Now That's going away and I'll have room for my ironing board and a small cabinet for my sewing essentials. 

While I was on a groc. run yesterday he snuck in a brand new faucet in the bathroom. Now he's teasing me that he 'remodeled' that too...  We put new knobs in my kitchen, so I can call that "remodled" as well.  Hehehe This morning he asked if I wanted him to put additional shelves in a cubby area that really serves no purpose. Umm, gee, let me think... Heck ya! That cubby will be going away eventually, but for right now I may as well get some good use out of it. He'll have a busy day today as he leaves tomorrow, and wants to get everythign finished up before then. His departure means I will have my hands full with paint touch ups and re-organizing stuff.

I gotta tell ya, it feels pretty good to finally, after a year and a half, be making this house my own. The former owners about had a fit when I repainted the living-room after we moved in. It took a year and a stroke before he stopped coming around and trimming shrubs, weeding gardens etc. Not that it wasn't nice to have the work done, but he passed judgement on my skills (or lack of) the whole time he was doing it.  Dh says they are the strictest landlords we've never had... And I admit, I've taken my time on these projects in part because of that. Mostly because of $... LOL

I don't mean to ask such a strange question, but you said FORMER owners, thus implying you bought the house. What the heck what this man doing butting his nose into your business when it came to repainting or your gardening skills? It is nice to have someone else do it I know, but still uninvited and complaining about it is not fair to you.  Congrats on finally making it your own!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110
Julienne replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

Well my DD has decided to spread her wings and finally fly on her own. SO my house is a complete mess of boxes and rubbermaid containers. How she has collected so much is just so incredible. She is going through all these boxes that were in storage that were from her move back home almost three years ago, so now they are being repacked with new things and "things for one day when grandbabies come along" Choke I am not quite ready yet for that. Other things she does not want anymore are going into bags for goodwill. My once perfectly clean house is now looking like it imploded. I will however miss her dearly as we are very close and she is moving 3 hours away. PS she is leaving most of her things behind to put back into storage until her boyfriend and her find a bigger house to live in. UGH! Another move in the future. 

Page 132 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use