Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 130 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:27 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Congrats on the great buy on  your new featherweight. I saw one at the Quilt show today for $500. Huh?? That seemsed aweful steep to me. The lady selling it assured me it was resonable because it had the case and all off the attatchemnts. Crazy.

Hi CC, I was thinking about these machines today. I was wondering how well my $3000 (I didn't pay that- that was original retail price) Janome Horizon would sew in 50-60 years. With all the computer stuff I'm thinking not very well. LOL, the featherweights seem to be like the Energizer bunny, they keep going and going . . . .I also have a little Kenmore that I bought in 1972 that still sews. It doesn't do everything my Horizon can do, but it is 40 years old and originaly cost less than $100.. I love the Horizon because of the large throat, but it is finiky about thread.  If I had a ton of money I would probably be willing to pay the price they are asking for a lot of things. LOL, but then I'd need a bigger house for all the stuff. More power to them if they can get their high prices, but most of us just can't go there. Now, if I can just find a working, treadle for cheap. Quilters are just never satisfied, LOL.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Hi, Y'all Someone else got a new sewing machine. I went and did the dance with the LQS owner. Prices choked me. So, went on line and got a new machine from a reputiable dealer I have ordered from before. The one she had for $200.. dollars LESS I know most a Janome girls here, but I got a Brother. Have service locally so that was a huge reason. And, my little cheap brother has worked well for years now so trust this brand. Got a Brother nx400fs. Has so much mine does not and a bit bigger throat. I can even design my own stitches. What ever that means.  LQS owner was really sick when I was in so didn't get much help.

Nasty rainy day. With thunder storms, but God have given me such beautiful bright green vistas to make me feel better about the yucky weather.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:00 AM | Locked

Yep, CC, that sounds like your bunch.  Now I don't know if they get it from you or DH.    LOL    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:03 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Joni, sadly no she doesn't wear it.  after that fall she just didn't recover her former glory (self).  I think she had a slight stroke when this happened and she just didn't quite ever recover from it. She passed away in 2004 and I am glad because she didn't want to be a burden to anyone, a very independent lady.   Ginny

So sorry for your loss, Ginny.  I pray that time has made your pain lighter and your memories brighter.  Losing a loved one leaves a void in our lives that is never filled, but memories can make it easier to recall the missing one

Laying there on floor alone and hurt could truly have been frightening.   I live alone and if anything happened it would be days before someone found me, then getting through the dogs would not be easy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Oh, I hear you Joni.  Personally, I am glad she got to go to her forever home and be with my Dad.   They were inseperable.  I am at peace because I know she is at peace.  She lived a long time with very painful RA and after effects of cobalt therapy following cancer of the uterus.  But she lived 30 years after the cancer.  Tough lady.   I love them both.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

oh Angele, My heart goes out to you.  We outfitted my mother with a medical alert system.  She was excellent about doing the testing and wearing the necklace.  But she did the same thing.  She fell on the back porch, broke her hip, and "scooted" herself into the house to the phone. She called her friend to tell her she didn't feel like going to church with her that night.  Her friend, thankfully, came the couple of houses up to check on her as she "sounded funny".  Her friend called me.  None of us kids lived in the same city at that time.  I was the closest and the health care proxy 2 hours away.  She refused to let her friend call an ambulance, but did let her friend's husband take her to the hospital, and hour after they called me.  She wouldn't allow treatment until I got there.  It is sooo emotionally draining when they are that stubborn.  I also dreaded the phone calls because I was the "go to" person.  Although it has been 12 years now, her birthday would have been Friday and I really miss her.  Best of luck with her.  My Mom used to say she wanted to stay in her own home so she was no trouble to us.  She definitely was more emotional stress by staying there, but the older I get the more I understand why she wanted to be at home.

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:23 PM | Locked

My Dad is 88 and still walks about 5 miles everyday in less than desirable neighborhoods.  He not only refuses to have a Medic Alert System, but he won't even take the cell phone that I gave him to use in emergencies.  I live 3 hours away, and my sister lives about 15 miles from him.  She calls him every morning and every evening to check on him, but we both dread what could happen in those hours in between.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

I took apart the Fall quilt, just didn't square up.  Had almost 4 inches difference between top and bottom so taking what I've learned from you akl and frogged it back into the blocks and will resew it together after squaring each block. 

I want to say THANK YOU! to everyone for these valuable tips.  So I've put it up on the design wall and wish input.  Is there anything I need to change?  more blocks around

Darn, posted sideways.  Sorry about that, doing this on my phone.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:29 PM | Locked

Long day in the city again today...this time just Sprout and myself and my brother. We bought out the building yard for my new shelving in the utility room. I scored new door knobs for my kitchen cabinets...the former owner had apple knobs on everything, and i find them a bit too cute for my tste. She's hard at work turning her new kitchen into an apple basket so I may give them back to her. Then we'll both be happy. I'll be paying off the credit card for the next half century, but...

I popped back intothe quilt show and picked up a pattern I just couldn't resist while we were at it- neckties for the boys!  It's just too fun! http://www.vanillahousedesigns.com/tag/kids/

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:08 PM | Locked

Very cute kid ties, CC.  How many boys in your family will wear these?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Some of you know the sheer excitement of knowing your new sewing machine will arrive any day now. I have to tell you. I am sitting on pins and needles, waiting for the UPS man.

Stared pulling fabrics for my crazy quilt purse, last night. It will be so cute, if I can pull it off. Also starting a notions holder for Christmas giving. If it turns out as cute as I think it will, will make several.

Hope to get some quilting done on the charity quilt today and then work on Christmas gifts. Better get at it. Time flies.

I pray for you all daily. Just wanted you to know.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 8:43 AM | Locked

Busy day ahead for me.  All three of my payrolls have to be done this week, plus all the month end stuff, and I need to get the work comp audit stuff all finished up.

Of course, the payrolls won't be finished until tomorrow, and the month end until Thursday, but it will be busy.

On the quilty side...I have almost all of the binding tacked down on the monkey baby qult.  It has to be finished by Thursday.  Shouldn't be a problem.  I picked up three of the four fabrics needed for my RR border.  LQS didn't have anything in the right shade for the fourth.  But no time tonight to go hunitng.  I'll have to do it tomorrow.

I also have to finish up my color box swap blocks.  Almost done with them, but just need to sit down and take care of them.  That's on the agenda for tonight.That's the one advantage of hosting the swap, you have a little bit more time to get yours pulled together, lol!

I haven't even started on my excahnge blocks for the Amish retreat--have no clue how I'm going to do them yet.  Once I get through the current pressing projects, then I'll work on those.

Whew....I would love to take a day off and just sew!  However, last time I did that, I slept most of the day away, so what's the point?  lol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

Wow took awhile for me to get alone time no one calling me to do something.  non one to want my computer.  missed so much here to read back just going forward.  It seems with the coming of spring there is so much extra work to do.  My Brother has returned from Fla.  Sister will be home soon also.  I have to prep house for guests they don't stay here but are hyper critical of everything.  I'm still working on quilts here and there when time permits.  I'll be painting house soon.  The yardwork will be starting too.  That is if I want to conform to all my neighbors, but this year I just don't seem to have any interest.  The local quilt group I joined I'm thinking of dropping.  Just not enough time lately to do everything.  Another month and it will be time for me to have garage sale.  I'm eager to clear the house so I have more room.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

I had planned on going for a long walk with my daughter and her dog but I woke up this morning to a white world again.  I was momentarily upset until I remembered I am no longer spun sugar so I can walk any time I want  and I can always quilt all day.  My daughter has been working so much and taking classes  so I haven’t seen her very much lately. It will be nice to catch up even over coffee.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

I had planned on going for a long walk with my daughter and her dog but I woke up this morning to a white world again.  I was momentarily upset until I remembered I am no longer spun sugar so I can walk any time I want  and I can always quilt all day.  My daughter has been working so much and taking classes  so I haven’t seen her very much lately. It will be nice to catch up.

Page 130 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use