Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 129 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 2:42 PM | Locked

Marie:

Angele, sending prayers for your coworkers family and for you and your aunts family as well. "When it rains, it pours".  (((((HUGS)))))

Thanks Marie. You are right about "when it rains...." My Mom fell. She did not break anything but stayed on the floor a few hours until the lady who sleeps there at night got there. She has that medic alert system but did not use it.  We are all so mad at her.  Trying to make her understand that she needs to communicate with us in order for us to believe they can safely stay in their home. Age is a factor but stubbornness is a bigger one.  One more worry. It is now at the point that my heart stops each time my sister or brother phones...because this might just be the day...

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,610
Points 52,090
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

Oh Beth, such a trial to be put through both for the parents and the baby.  My prayers will continue for a good outcome for all.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,610
Points 52,090
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Angele, prayers of faith are going up for you.  This has been a week of trials for you.

It is funny when you relate about your mother not using the medic alert system, My Mom did something similar. We had the alert necklace for her, but she didn't like to wear it -she felt that everyone would feel that she was incapable of living by herself, but my brother talked her into putting it on the handle of her walker- which wheeled away from her when she fell and she was on the floor in the kitchen practically all night as she couldn't move and became confused.  My brother found her in the morning when he went to check on her.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Ginny

Bet she wears it now...at least I hope so.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:59 PM | Locked

I just became owner of a Keurig...loving making coffee ant teas.  Guess Sunday after church I'll have to get me some coffees.  My friend who found the Keurig, which works great gave me some teas and coffees, at the rate I'm going they won't last long.

Love the Chai Latte, Kona coffee, Green Mountain...such yummy flavors!  I'll have to get the little basket so I can use my regular coffees also...better not have anymore today or I'll never get to sleep.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:28 PM | Locked

I love my Kurig so much I bought one for the camper.  We buy our coffee from Costco which has it by the case at half the cost of even Wal-Mart.  They don’t have a lot of selection but I can afford to buy elsewhere for a higher price.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

I love my Keurig for hot chocolate. My grand daughter makes it and brings it into bed for me

.....such a nice way to be spoiled..we prefer milk choc but they also have dark choc.. I bought 100% Kona coffee when in Hawaii. Perfect for those Aloha times. And recently they opened a coconut flavor coffee for spring season...sounds interesting. Wish they made small pkgs though.    

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

Slept in late this morning. Was still in bed when the cleaning lady arrived. So I escaped to the sewing room while she cleaned house after I took my shower that is. Trying to finish up the gifts for the Amish retreat. I'm still trying to find that one last person who I   know really wants to go to retreat. I also worked on the 3rd quilt for the retreat center in Arizona. It's hard when one machine is in the shop and the other has to go back to the shop. All I can do is hand work and cutting. Fortunately got my grandson's dinosaur quilt done before the machines decided not to work. Good news....I sold my lawnmower today!!! I bought it 2 years ago and it got used less than 1 summer and has sat in the garage every since.  I am so glad to see it gone. Kind of a boring day.  Hope you all had a better and more exciting day that I did, But I'm still on this side of the grass so I'm very thankful to my God. Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:59 PM | Locked

I put the first border on the MQ8 and planted some more tomatoes, bell peppers and petunias.  My DH said I can't go to Lowe's anymore because I keep bringing home plants and we've run out of room unless he builds me my raised garden bed.  I think I'll go shopping again tomorrow and get him the stuff to build the bed, LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,610
Points 52,090
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

Joni, sadly no she doesn't wear it.  after that fall she just didn't recover her former glory (self).  I think she had a slight stroke when this happened and she just didn't quite ever recover from it. She passed away in 2004 and I am glad because she didn't want to be a burden to anyone, a very independent lady.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,610
Points 52,090
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

CC,  Your kids just tell it like it is.   Hope you are enjoying your wonderful sounding day.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

Angele:
I notice that your kids have the same sense of humor as you....must be genetic.  Hope boss an did not choke on his food when JR told him to stop playing with your Hooters!!!

LOL. Yes they are a quirky bunch, but I don't think he said it on purpose. The boss sure turned red, tho.

Today we were talking aboutthe wild hair we'd seen on a woman and my Hubby said it rather looked "like a cow pie on her head. Instead of a Hair do, it was a Hair doo-doo."  Ds piped up, "No Dad. It was a Hair Sc-hat."   GR-roan....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

Hi Pat. Welcome back. Congrats on the great buy on  your new featherweight. I saw one at the Quilt show today for $500. Huh?? That seemsed aweful steep to me. The lady selling it assured me it was resonable because it had the case and all off the attatchemnts. Crazy.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Karla:
I think I'll go shopping again tomorrow and get him the stuff to build the bed

LOL  Good plan - that will show him!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 11:23 PM | Locked

for all you grandmas who need a quick laugh to brighten your night. from my dear & longest friend up north she writes:

Subject: Grandmas are smart

I was out walking with my grandson. He picked up something off of the
ground and started to put it in his mouth. I took the item away from him
and I asked him not to do that. "Why?" my grandson asked. "Because it's
been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and
probably has germs. Sometimes germs make little boys sick and not feel
good" I replied. At this point, my grandson looked at me with total
admiration and asked, "Grandma, how do you know all this stuff? You are
so smart." I was thinking quickly and said to him, "All Grandmas know
stuff. It's on the Grandma Test. You have to know it, or they don't let
you be a Grandma." We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but he
was evidently pondering this new information. "Oh...I get it! He beamed,
so if you don't pass the test you have to be the Grandpa." "Exactly," I
replied with a big smile on my face.

When you're finished laughing,

send this to a Grandma you know!!

Page 129 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use