Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 128 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 126 127 128 129 130 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Angele, sending prayers for your coworkers family and for you and your aunts family as well. "When it rains, it pours".  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Beth:
Our sweet princess is home and the family is spending their first night together as a family in a month

YAY!!!!!!!

Prayer continue.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

Gini, enjoy your vacation with Sam.  Pics of those dogwoods would be nice.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Beth, prayers are coming your way for the "next phase of the journey".  God Bless you all.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Barbara:
As you all are aware ,they have not found the person who hit my mother last year and ended her life , the folks in Indiana have been working really hard to find out who did this .  Well yesterday I found out that there had been a donation of reward money of $10.000,00 for information

Continued prayers for you to find peace in all of this. How wonderful that there is sucha  generous reward offered.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Angele:
this has been a very difficult week for me.

Prayers for you in your time of grief.  I hope the weekend spent sewing will ease your pain.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Marie:

Gini, enjoy your vacation with Sam.  Pics of those dogwoods would be nice.

Yeah. Ditto that!

The regional quilt show is today. There's a  gun show and antiqu market in the same complex. So...Dh will take a couple kids and head off to do his thing, and I'll take  a couple of kids and go off to do my thing and somewhere along the way we'll switch places and juggle kids. Should be a very pleasant afternoon.

My sibling will be arriving late this evenin to spend the week with us. He always comes home for a few days around my birthday. Last year it worked out so that he was with us when Sprout was hatched. This year he's coming a little early and spending a week helping me with some small remodeling  and home maintenence projects...  I am very much looking forward to spending time with him. We'll celebrate Sprout's first birthday a week early, so he can have cake with us.

I made another little owl bead yesterday, but he came out all pointy and crooked. DD says he looks grumpy. I think he has a right to be as wonky as he is. LOL I had several owls on the table when my boss came to dinner the other night and he was absent-mindly fiddling with them while i fixed supper. I heard Jr say "Hey, Don't play with Mom's Hooters. They haven't been in the kiln yet and they might break!" ....    :S

Anyway, aside from owls, I made some fun little alien guys. They're push-pins with attitude. 

'Better go put something in the slow-cooker for supper so I dn't have that to deal with that after a long day in town...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,370
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

It is sooooo cute..I love it!!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

Frances

For me the down side of a thatched roof was the critters...would not be able to sleep with the critters little feet going pitter patter.  I so fell in love with them when in England many years ago.  If I ever have to re-roof this house I would go with tin roofing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 12:46 PM | Locked

CC I notice that your kids have the same sense of humor as you....must be genetic.  Hope boss an did not choke on his food when JR told him to stop playing with your Hooters!!!

thanks for the kind thoughts. I have finished 8 blocks from MQ8 and did two more that I have to reverse sew :-(. My mind was not present when I started sewing.  So now maybe a nap in the sunshine is in order...before we go walk with all three pooches.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 12:49 PM | Locked

nantenn

My sister in Andrews NC has a lovely log home halfway up a mountain.  It is all logs, inside and out with a metal roof and huge veranda across the front.  It has big fireplace, a master suite on each end with full bathe and a great room with kitchen in the middle.  Even the ceiling is beautiful wood, and floors.  It is truly a dream home and she is an immaculate housekeeper. nothing is ever out of place, not a bit like me.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:27 PM | Locked

Joni:

Frances

For me the down side of a thatched roof was the critters...would not be able to sleep with the critters little feet going pitter patter.  I so fell in love with them when in England many years ago.  If I ever have to re-roof this house I would go with tin roofing.

Joni,

For me Bats would be fine, but i cant stand mice.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935
Pat Lancaster replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

I haven't been around for a while because life got in the way. In December my son, DIL and two grandchildren moved in with me. I had to dismantle my sewing room and my spare bedroom in a couple of days to make room for them. So , there was not much sewing going on. However, I did set up my machine in my bedroom so I could work on a quilt for my other son and DIL. Couldn't walk through my bedroom but did get most of the quilt quilted. They moved out last weekend so I am slowly getting my house put back together. I hope to finish this quilt in the next couple of weeks. It was a wedding present, umm, well, their 3rd anniversary will be in October. They'll be happy with it anyway. And, perhaps most amazing is the fact that my car is actually in the garage. I am worn out, wish I had time for a nap.

One of the men I work with is a junkaholic. His dream job would be to work in a pawn/junk shop. LOL, but he doesn't cuz his family likes to eat. He likes to go to flea markets, estate sales, auctions, etc. Last night he went to one and got me a featherweight for $100. I had asked him to keep an eye out for me. I didn't know if he could get me one on that budget. Watching ebay sales was discouraging, LOL. Anyway I have a little 1964, white featherweight sitting here. I had to order a bobbin case and bobbins, but it does run. After I get the bobbins and case I'll see if it sews while it is running.

Lastly is some bad news. I received a newsletter from Quilt University with the following notice:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Quilt U will close at the end of 2013. Carol's sudden death took the wind out of our sails. It’s just not the same without her. The teachers and I agree that an orderly shutdown is the best way to honor her memory. Because Quilt U normally goes on hiatus for the holidays, the end of the year is a natural stopping place.

It also gives everyone one last chance to take those classes they were putting off for whatever reason. You won't be able to "catch it next time". To plan ahead, print out our Calendar and mark what you missed. Registration opens six weeks before a class starts. I'll continue to send a monthly newsletter to remind you that a new batch of classes is open for registration.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 2:30 PM | Locked

Pat, so good to hear from you, happy to hear your life is getting back to normal

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 2:33 PM | Locked

Beth, prayers continue to go your way for the health of your DGD. I hope one day you will get to teach her all you know. She has lots of love and prayers in her corner to keep her going strong.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 128 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 126 127 128 129 130 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use