Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 126 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Frances:

Patti,

Forgive me for asking but what kind of house do you have that has log walls (sorry being in the UK log walls is not something we have much of).

lots of love

Francesxx

Hi Frances, 

I'm not Patti, but log homes are fairly common in the Pacific Northwest area of the US.  Some pix of my cabin.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Quiltless,

Your home looks wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:39 AM | Locked

Beth,

I am SO glad to hear GD is doing better. She is on my daily prayer list and will remain there until she is much better.  Like a year after the kidney transplant.

jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:42 AM | Locked

Leslie, congrats on your beautiful new baby.  Wishing you many good and happy years with her.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Frances:

Quiltless,

Your home looks wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Thank you, Frances

Inside the log home, the exterior walls and a few load bearing interior walls are made of logs and look just like the outside.  But, the other interior walls are dry walled like a traditional home.   We have enjoyed the cabin for about 14 years. Log homes are an American icon.  I enjoyed having one for that time of my life.

Now that I retired, we moved permanently to this area and bought another home (not a log home this time.)  I am currently renovating the cabin -- (a modest updating and remodel -- new kitchen, all the maintenance punch list and flower beds.)  As soon as it is in top form, we will put it on the market in August.

I am in transition and my sewing space in my new home has been torn up during a remodel to make two smaller rooms into a big 30'x15' sewing studio.  I posted pictures earlier during the construction.  

Yesterday was a big day for me.  The remodel is finished (for now -- I would like to repaint in a lighter color,)  But, it was a milestone day because we moved my machines and several boxes of fabric and sewing gear into my new studio.  Today we're moving the cabinets.  When I get farther along with setting it up, I will post more pictures.  

Going through the things to move them uncovered more UFOs than I thought I had!  I'm going to be busy.

Q

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:56 AM | Locked

chocake2:
the most common problems for first time Featherweight users is putting the needle in wrong :) At least we know you are not alone, Marie..)

CC, I didn't put the needle in wrong just not far enough!

LOL  I have a Touch and Sew Singer which is at my daughters/son in laws house so I knew the needle had to go in with the flat side to the left on my Featherweight.  When I got my baby, she was purring like a kitten until I decided I was going to oil and lube her yesterday.  By the end of the day I was ready to pull my hair out because the upper thread is now getting twisted around the bobbin case thus stopping the machine.  After too many tries at fixing the problem I left her alone eventually and now I'm ready to go back and figure out what I did wrong.  New day uncluttered brain still.  Any thoughts on the problem will be well received.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:03 AM | Locked

Great news Beth!  Camille will remain in my prayers as will you and your family.  Keep the good thoughts and all will turn out well.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Beautiful log home, Patti!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

Look at all the beautiful options for MQ 8 already!  I am a step behind, still having to square up all my stuff.  Next week looks quiet so i should be able to get it done.  It is really beautiful.

I have to do some laundry, finish last night's dishes and clean out the car before I can "play" today.  DH and I are going to a high school production of West Side Story tonight in Endicott NY.  His brother is the director.  Endicott is about 3 hours from here.  We are spending the night at his brother's tonight and coming back early tomorrow.  DD just started biological medication shots and has one tonight.  They have been really knocking her down for the first couple of days, so I want to be back in case she needs something.  I do have a few of the Wildflower blocks cut out and ready to work on in the car though.  Maybe if I am quick I can get an hour at the machine before I have to go get DH to get on the road. 

Jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Marie, here is a link to some free service manuals.

Thanks Nancy, I'll be downloading those and putting them to good use today.  I hope I can figure my current problem out else I'll be mailing "Kitten", my name for her, to Gini.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

Diana, my continued prayers for you and hubby for his quick recovery.  Glad he's home where I think healing will be sooner than in the hospital.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Quiltless,

When i was younger i would have loved either the Little house on the prarie house, or the Waltons house (I still would give my right arm for a wrap around porch and an aga).

You know those pretty english country cottages with the thatched roofs, well at one point we were seriously thinking about them well me and mum were dad wasnt keen until we saw one on tv catch fire then we understood why dad wasnt keen, when the roofs catch fire they burn very, very quickly.

So for now we have a fairly boring brick house, however on the good side it has a large garden.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

I've been out trying to find summer Thongs This cinderella has a picky foot. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:52 PM | Locked

Frances:

So for now we have a fairly boring brick house, however on the good side it has a large garden.

Frances, I'll have you know that brick is not boring!  My dad and 5 brothers were brick and stone masons and they made a good living at it.  :  )  What a treat to see where you live, thanks for posting the picture!  Your garden is gorgeous, so lush and so green.  I see the top of a chair which means you could sit out on your patio and EPP, lucky you.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:53 PM | Locked

Frances:

Quiltless,

When I was younger i would have loved either the Little house on the prairie house, or the Waltons house (I still would give my right arm for a wrap around porch and an aga).

You know those pretty english country cottages with the thatched roofs, well at one point we were seriously thinking about them well me and mum were dad wasnt keen until we saw one on tv catch fire then we understood why dad wasnt keen, when the roofs catch fire they burn very, very quickly.

lots of love

Francesxx

What a beautiful home, Frances.  Those bay windows are a stunning feature.  I'll bet you love the lighting in that room.

I agree with your Dad.  We should leave thatched roofing to the earlier ages.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 126 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use