Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 120 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 118 119 120 121 122 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:00 AM | Locked

Marie:

Julienne:
my fear is that one day they may start to answer back

Julienne, never gave that a thought!  I may give it a second thought now before I start yelling at them!  :  )

I wouldn't worry yet, I have been talking to things for 20 years now and the worse I have gotten is a small cut. But if they do talk back......I am going to the Dr for some meds :) As my kids would tell my I have lost it...oh wait they already do. haha

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Thanks Vivian. I feel better knowing I am not alone. Our puter has been a 1st class PITA all weekend. Our server keeps going down. Everything has been running SL-O-O-OW. . But today ...for now..it seems to be functioning more normally.  Happy Happy! DH had said he was callingour IP to cuss today, so maybe he scared it....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

Running errands today.  

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:15 AM | Locked

I am hoping to have my internet/cable restored today.  The bill didn't get paid, so it had to wait until I got paid to take care of it.  Odd, how when you turn something over to someone else, it falls by the wayside.  Oh well, not like I really cared to not have the TV, but not having internet at home was the pits.

Yesterday was productive.  I was able to play musical furniture enough to get my dresser out of the boys' room and iinto the dining room.  (We only have a 2 br, one for my son & his buddy, and one for my daughter and her girls, so I get the living room.)  But I hated going into the boys' room to get my clothes.  It's always a disaster!  So, my dresser has been moved.  The lingerie cabinet needs to be moved...it has the socks, belts, etc in it.  It will be nice when it's done.

Part of taking care of that meant that I could organize my fabric--get it out of the tubs and onto a shelf where I can actually see it!  All that's left in the fabric organization department is to get my scraps into some type of system and out of the tote bags they are currently in. 

Got the one RR finished and will be shipping it off today.  I have one waiting for me to figure out what to do with...it hasn't spoken to me as yet, but it better make up its mind quickly...we are running out of time!  LOL!

Better get moving...Monday always means payroll...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:04 PM | Locked

Evening ladies. Sorry been AWOL but the weekend was very intense. Rehearsal Saturday then Karen and I went to Dad's house to check everything was ok. Lots of junk mail! I dug up some snowdrops and another plant that I have no idea what it is except its pretty! the house is about 70 miles away. We also stopped at the churchyard for a few moments.

I stopped at Karens Saturday and then Sunday we went to Leeds for our spring concert. We rehearsed with the Opera North Orchestra and then after a break did the performance. It was fantastic. If you can get You Tube the choir is called Inspiration Leeds. There should be some clips on there if you want a peek. After the show I went with Karen and her family for fish and chips. My DH had made the decision to go to watch our rugby team which I was cool with( we are having a few "discussions " about my eldest son's wedding which he thinks noone will miss him at, I WILL. So he will be there under protest but I pray that he will have a good time together with my family) I wore my shoes at work today so I can get used to them I managed very well so am sure can last all day at the wedding.

Sorry not had time to read back so hope you are all ok. xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

Kris:
Try a DO that does manipulations.

Kris, what's a DO?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Doctor of Osteopathy, I think.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:37 AM | Locked

Lesley,

Glad to see you are back, are you going to the Fesitval of quilts in August, at the NEC.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:00 AM | Locked

Do you swap? if so come on over to Fabric Swap group new fabric swap opened for sign up, Primitive American a mixed cut swap, and spots available in Floral 10x10 , as well as a Batik FQ swap
Great cutting information and instructions on how to participate are all available, and if you are new to swaps; Barbara and I would love to help you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Good Morning! It's  a beautiful new day!

I just poured myself a cup of ameretto spice  coffee (Special treat, as Dh wants his coffee to taste like coffee and only coffee)and am waiting for the cobwebs to clear before I start the day in ernest. The sun is streaming through the window and hitting my suncatchers so there are rainbows dancing across the floor. When DD was really little she called them "God's Kisses" and tried to catch them in her hands. LOL

The contractors will be here again today. They took yesterday off and I confess It was nice to not have them underfoot! I played with glass in the AM and bones in the PM and generally just enjoyed my day.

I made these pushpins. They're pretty heavy so they'll be regulated to cork board only, but I think I have the hang of it now so I can get some smaller pins for more practicle use. In the forum where I was reading how to make these, someone said they made glass head quilt pins for her friends with the same basic technique. HMmmm... That warrents some serious consideration, don't you think??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,848
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

chocake2:
someone said they made glass head quilt pins for her friends with the same basic technique. HMmmm... That warrents some serious consideration, don't you think??

Sure do CC, good luck with that and keep us posted, please.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

CC, very pretty pushpins.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:34 PM | Locked

What am I up to today? I don't know.  I am back from sending daughter and granddaughter off to St. Louis for a Robotics tournament.  Granddaughter's high school team won first place in the region and they are off to nationals.  As the two of them live here, I am looking forward to a quiet week.  So I have a few things on last week's "to do" list.  And I have a weekend trip, so 6 hours in the car, coming up so I should cut up and package some hand sewing.  I need to catch up with MQ 8, and get the charity quilts out.  But with the family gone I have the opportunity to get some deep spring cleaning done.  So I will tell you tomorrow what i was up to today.

The sun is out and it is in the mid 50's here today, so I might even have to add the garden to the to do ideas.  Nah that really sounds like work LOL

Jan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:43 PM | Locked

Jan:

What am I up to today? I don't know.  I am back from sending daughter and granddaughter off to St. Louis for a Robotics tournament.  Granddaughter's high school team won first place in the region and they are off to nationals.  As the two of them live here, I am looking forward to a quiet week.  So I have a few things on last week's "to do" list.  And I have a weekend trip, so 6 hours in the car, coming up so I should cut up and package some hand sewing.  I need to catch up with MQ 8, and get the charity quilts out.  But with the family gone I have the opportunity to get some deep spring cleaning done.  So I will tell you tomorrow what i was up to today.

The sun is out and it is in the mid 50's here today, so I might even have to add the garden to the to do ideas.  Nah that really sounds like work LOL

Jan

Jan, If they are flying in today, I live 2 1/2 hours from STL and it is suppose to rain in our area all day and be in the low 40's. Not a good day for travel. But they will like STL.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:01 PM | Locked

Julienne,

They are taking the bus.  The school decided to get a bus because more parents could come if they wanted to.  They left Rochester NY at 12:30pm and are expecting to spend the night tonight in Dayton OH.  They should be there in the morning or early afternoon tomorrow.  We have been watching the weather and it is making me a bit nervous.  They are going to a museum, a baseball game, the arch, as well as the tournament.  They will be BEAT when they get back here about noon on Sunday.  St. Louis is beautiful. They will have fun.

Thanks for the head's up.

jan

Page 120 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 118 119 120 121 122 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use